nan431
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills

[Post New]by nan431 on Mar 1, 10 4:57 AM
after reading the blogs on this game, won't try or waste my time. bought dd serpent of isis, having great fun. nan431

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Mar 1, 10 5:13 AM
i download this game and just tried it what a load of rubbish this game is sorry not your fault we still like the other games but this one is not good you cant see anything and i agree with all the fishies in the pond on this game besstan this game is 100

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Mar 1, 10 5:15 AM
i played this game at another site to and it has to be the worst yet imo, the graphics to me were grainy, you have to use flash light in almost all the scenes. just too dark and hard to see things! i wouldn't even buy this at 2.99

Mookhebbe
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,213 Posts

[Post New]by Mookhebbe on Mar 1, 10 5:20 AM
Thanks you all, for saving an hour of my life

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 1, 10 5:34 AM
doctorgood wrote:Well now, another turkey huh? In the dark. Are you nuts! One of the reasons I play/buy these games is the visual aspect. I like great art work and visions of beautiful scenery. In the dark? Are you nuts? If I wanted to torture myself I'd go and stare in the doughnut shop window.

Getting eye strain and a migraine headache staring at a darkened room is not enjoyable. Nope, nada, huh-uh. Or as the wizard said "not no way,not no how".

Amen!!!

chet412
Clownfish
Clownfish
655 Posts

[Post New]by chet412 on Mar 1, 10 5:34 AM
Based on all the negative posts, I too will pass on this one.

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Mar 1, 10 5:40 AM
I didn't find the darkness a problem. The flashlight field is so large that most of the time almost half of the screen was illuminated. It actually helped me focus on areas. And I thought the items were not too difficult to find. The story seemed adequate, and the mini-games weren't great, but a few were fun. I didn't like using the EVP to find sounds, but I enjoyed what you do with them. Like the EVP, the EMF (I think that's what it is) is akin to pixel-hunting. All you're doing is moving the cursor until the device tells you to click. Not the worst, but not a buy at this time. Howver, I'd buy it at $2.99, especially if trying to fill a punch card.

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Mar 1, 10 5:43 AM
I must agree with every other fish here. This game is a BIG no-go. I don't mind the occational dark, use flashlight kind of scene, but not all the way through a whole game. Gave up after half an hour and deleted imediately.

It's games like this, that makes me really glad that this site has the demo time...

/strilf, over and out

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Mar 1, 10 5:48 AM
OK, I gave it a try. Very bad. Don't like it. Sorry

Misty_Rivers
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Misty_Rivers on Mar 1, 10 5:50 AM
Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like another DUD. Oh well going back to Isola to play with my little villagers,

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Mar 1, 10 6:07 AM
Off to get some aspirin after 40 minutes of the demo. I don't have xray vision people. Another game that puts things in the dark and then penalizes the player for clicking in the wrong places. I wouldn't even pay $2.99 for this one.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 1, 10 6:42 AM
We know what we like...
AND this is NOT one of them

Sorry.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 1, 10 6:45 AM
I hung up after 15 minutes. The cutting edge of 2005 is just a tad passe. Who built this game? Lawyers?

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Mar 1, 10 7:09 AM
Lyvia wrote:I didn't find the darkness a problem. The flashlight field is so large that most of the time almost half of the screen was illuminated. It actually helped me focus on areas. And I thought the items were not too difficult to find. The story seemed adequate, and the mini-games weren't great, but a few were fun. I didn't like using the EVP to find sounds, but I enjoyed what you do with them. Like the EVP, the EMF (I think that's what it is) is akin to pixel-hunting. All you're doing is moving the cursor until the device tells you to click. Not the worst, but not a buy at this time. Howver, I'd buy it at $2.99, especially if trying to fill a punch card.

I agree with Lyvia...Not the worst game I've ever played but not the best by far either. I would purchase it for $2.99.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 1, 10 7:48 AM
Egads.

While I've attempted worse HOG's... this one is right up there with them. What the heck were the developers thinking?! Or maybe lack of thought is part of the problem. TAPS needs to rethink their association with this group until they can deliver a game worth both the financial and time investment.

Would I purchase this at $2.99? Have to flip a coin that day and take it from there.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 1, 10 7:54 AM
i want the ten minutes of my life back that i wasted playing this awful game!

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Mar 1, 10 7:59 AM
General recommendation: Don't buy this. Don't even use a free coupon on this.

Graphics: You've got to be kidding me. An entire game of flashlight searching? I lasted three minutes and then closed it out because there's no way my eyes can take that.

Hints: You got three plus could have more if you found faces.

Timer: None.

Anti-Random Clicking: Very annoying. If you clicked too many times you got nagged about losing points and a very annoying throat clearing each time. I prefer the more subtle message of having the cursor bounce around instead of having more dialog thrown at me. Also, I don't want to earn points or lose them. That makes it too competitive for me.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Mar 1, 10 8:19 AM
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
I agree Worst HOG of the Year Award!

penrose47
Stingray