BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills!

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 1, 10 7:21 PM
Ugh!

I delete this bomb long before the trial was over.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Mar 1, 10 7:48 PM
Wish they would pay the light bill! Forget this game!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 1, 10 8:46 PM
W
O
W

What were the devs smoking? A flashlight needed in every single scene? Except, of course, for the "thermal imaging", which was random blobs & blind clicking, & the "devices" to "find" soundwaves & energy #s, which was random helicoptering until it lit up. And who cares about getting xtra pts for finding faces if your hints are already at 3, when 3 are insufficient for most of this nonsense? You leave ppl to stumble round in the dark, hints ought to accrue. And if I saw "dude, you're gonna lose pts" one more time.....OK smartaleck, YOU find something as teeny as a cotter pin in the dark or figure out that your idea of a butter knife looks like my Wilton frosting spreader....a butter knife doesn't have all round edges nor is it the size of a spatula!

The minigames just floored me. The skip had no load time at all, which is about the only good thing I have to say....but when you clicked it, you got "are you really really sure you want to skip b/c you will lose pts"! YES I'M SURE! But clicking OK refused to allow the skip! It would show you how to do the puzzle & insist you "try again" & wouldn't progress until you complied no matter how many times you hammered that skip button....OMG that was annoying!

I say we bring a class action suit against em for making us all need xtra-strength bifocals AND Excedrin after playing this! You have got to be kidding me. Don't make any more games. You don't know how!

Epic fail. Not even for FREE would I want this game!

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Mar 2, 10 1:31 AM
I totally agree, who want's to play in the dark all the time? Worst game ever.

[Post New]by discoduck on Mar 2, 10 3:42 AM
I tried the full hour of the demo and while it was okay the game seemed slow and the top edges of the **** scenes were very dark and made it very hard to search these areas. I didn't like all the dialog betwwen **** scenes and mini-games and there was no skip button, you have to left click after every line of dialog and that was tiring. Not the greatest game and I wouldn't buy it or use a credit for it.

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Mar 2, 10 5:51 AM
I just downloaded the game but there is a problem.

Someone's gonna get nailed for copyright infringement unless TAPS approved the use of their name for this game.

If you enjoy endless eye strain and clicking, then this game is for you. It's not for me and I really, really didn't like it. I deleted it after 20 minutes into the free trail.

Edited on 03/02/2010 at 6:15:46 AM PST

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Mar 2, 10 8:54 AM
I can't say anything anyone else didn't already say. Played 18 minutes and decided that ANYTHING else I chose to do would be more fun than this game. I don't care for dark scenes but will deal with them sparingly in games. This game was boring on all levels. Even the storyline was killed by the idiotic way the game is designed from the music, to the graphics to the dialogue.

libbyb54nc
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by libbyb54nc on Mar 2, 10 9:39 AM
I agree with most people who have tried this game. I had to leave 10 minutes into the game. Hated the dark rooms with a flashlight that didn't illuminate the ceiling part very well. I don't mind using a flashlight in games, but not for every scene. I think I will skip this one and delete it. Not one of your best hidden object games BF.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Mar 2, 10 11:41 AM
This game has killed any remaining desire that I may have had to play straight HOGs. I played the full hour demo because I had nothing better to do than watch my washing machine. All dark scenes and the mini-games are stupid and no challenge at all ( I kept my cursor in one place with the cockroach game and just kept left clicking when the desire took me lol). I'm even bored with trying to think of any other negative remarks that have not already been made about this piece of trash....
How could you release this as a GAME .

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Mar 2, 10 7:57 PM
Karen876 - I think you would have been better watching your washing machine!

I lasted about 10 mins and couldn't stand it any more. This game just made me grind my teeth.

Too dark, obviously. But I doubt lights would have helped much. The objects were fuzzy and awful, piled up in ridiculous places that made no sense. The annoying music and sounds didn't help things and when I started to lose points for random clicking I just wanted to smack somebody. The developer, for starters.

And that stupid counting up of the score at the end of every level? With no way to skip it? Really? I need to sit and watch my computer count? Aaaaargh!

Look, I realize that I'm not going to like every game BFG releases. And not every game is going to be the best game ever. But this is beneath them. It looks like something a couple of kids put together for a class assignment before they really learned anything about programming and development.

So, not surprisingly, no sale here.

Boy am I ever glad I filled 3 cards last month so I have other games to play.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Mar 2, 10 8:44 PM
I'm so glad for the forums. I thought this came was awful but I thought maybe it was just me. I come here and find everyone else feels the same way, how wonderful. I think I played a whole nine minutes of this game before I couldn't take it anymore.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 3, 10 4:42 PM
Someone's gonna get nailed for copyright infringement unless TAPS approved the use of their name for this game.

What's that mean? Just curious.

remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by remmah17 on Mar 3, 10 6:52 PM
I'm with all of yo, what a boring game no way i will buy this did the first four rooms just to see if it got any better....it didnt!!!!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Mar 4, 10 12:42 AM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:

What's that mean? Just curious.

It means that TAPS is a real organization; the letters stand for "The Atlantic Paranormal Society. " It's featured on the SyFy TV show Ghost Hunters and its spin-offs Ghost Hunters International and Ghost Hunter Academy. Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson are the real-life founders of TAPS.

I don't know if TAPS or SyFy gave their permission to use the show's or the organization's name in this game. But one thing is certain. I can't find any sign online that TAPS is promoting the game as being affiliated or linked to itself. I think that TAPS would promote it (and that SyFy would as well) if permission had been granted.

Edited on 03/16/2010 at 4:49:26 PM PST

[Post New]by briarlee on Mar 4, 10 10:01 AM
I dunno...I thought it was kinda fun...I mean, Hidden Object Games are fairly wizzywig. I did like the audio game..that was fun.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 6, 10 2:44 AM
Well, you can tell I don't watch much TV; TYVM for clarifying that, Rhysdux (clever nick there BTW). You'd also best remove the links b4 a mod does it for you, as we're not allowed to link off-BFG.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 6, 10 4:35 AM
This could have been a fun game but it really has the blahs...

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Mar 6, 10 11:27 AM
My opinion isn"t quite as negative as others but I agree it"s certainly not up to the standards of BF that I have come to know. I play games on my laptop without a mouse (just the scroll pad) and it often clicks when I don" intend it to. I also wear glasses, which has never been a problem but I felt like a little girl getting scolded every time that annoying reminder came up about them taking points off LOL. My only other complaint is many of the objects look nothing like what is listed. How can we not be clicking incorrectly when they did such a poor job with that? I played the full hour and I have to agree it was more work than fun but I did find it to be challenging and I like challenges. Still undecided about purchasing but I probably won"t. I had much higher hopes when I first started to play.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 6, 10 1:19 PM
The positive things I can say about this game are:
good graphics
read dialog at your own speed, ie click through it
generous hints

The negative things about this game:
lame minigames
lame hidden object finders, ie scanner, eletromagnetic detector
wait time for score tally
flashlight type seek and find
very easy to find objects

Overall this is not my type of game. I couldn't even finish the demo because it was too boring to play for me. But for anyone looking for an easy HOG, this one's for you.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Mar 8, 10 6:44 PM
I'd have to agree with scarlett 11.....I wouldn't take it for free either.
YAWWWN....Groannnnnnnnnnn. Bad game! I mean puhlease!!! A flashlight in every single room?????? Don't bother with the trial.

Edited on 03/08/2010 at 6:44:43 PM PST

Go to: