iemanja75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3 here.

[Post New]by iemanja75 on Aug 11, 16 3:01 AM
Absolutely! I agree with you, dcli23! This kind of experience is so frustating! I hope BFG will find a way to fix the game. Obviously, if we consider the number of persons who have the same problem, it is not a question of computers or the OS we use but something "more technical" due to the game.
I have to point out that it was almost the same with the series: "Yard Sale Hidden Treasures". Because my computer crashed, I had to change for Windows 7 but the both games didn't work anymore and were not updated by BFG.
Crossing our fingers and hoping we could play VACD3.
Regards from Paris,

[Post New]by chrissy1947 on Aug 11, 16 5:56 AM
Having same problem. 1 and 2 are just fine. this one downloads then nothing...... its not our computer or flash adobe etc and going to help only gives us the same stuff to do..... up to BFG to make sure these are working before offering them to the customer......

[Post New]by belinski on Aug 11, 16 7:29 AM
I just purchased this game and it saids its activated but it will not let me play it also I noticed it saids I have to user names and I only want one. is there any way that I could speak to a represenitive there is so much I want to say and exsplain that I would be typing all day. thank you.

retroFish
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by retroFish on Aug 11, 16 7:52 AM
Hi Folks,
We’re sorry to hear of the problems you are having downloading and playing the game.

We share your frustration and are looking into the issues which have been raised and doing our best to fix them.

The Developer

iemanja75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by iemanja75 on Aug 11, 16 8:19 AM
Thanks, RetroFish! Kindly appreciated!

[Post New]by chrissy1947 on Aug 11, 16 2:26 PM
Thank you RETROFISH ................ now can you tell us when this fix is likely to take place or is it going to be another SOMETIME long drawnout waiting game?........... ASAP would be good here since this has nothing whatsoever to do with our computers etc......

[Post New]by dcli23 on Aug 11, 16 2:40 PM
Thank you RETROFISH for the hopeful post. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the game will be up and running for everybody soon. You have a fantastic series that is much beloved by many people.

[Post New]by fenice8 on Aug 11, 16 4:29 PM
Same problem here. Running on Mac 10.11.6 and game screen is too large for my display.

[Post New]by SherriesMomma on Aug 11, 16 5:03 PM
Same problem as other Mac users. I've never had any problems with the other Vacation Adventures games, so didn't run a trial. Trusted BigFishGames again. Only get top left corner of the main game screen and have to restart my system to get out of it.

Please let us know when this has been fixed. I used a Free Game coupon for this and sure don't want to have to request a refund in some manner.

Thank you.

[Post New]by Nannykc on Aug 13, 16 1:22 PM
I am running Windows 10 and colors are very dark and off color even starting with the Big Fish logo!! One of the puzzles included find the red rose and boy nothing was red... all the colors are off... does anyone else having this problem none of my other games have this issue... soo my color can't be off... Does anyone have a thought how to fix this issue???
Thanks and I love all the Vacation Adventure games!!!

New info... just noticed that birds flying in the background look like they should be 3D... instead of one one is red and one is green I have seen this 3-D coloration in a couple of moving objects... don't know if this helps anyone figure out some of the problems with this game or not...

Edited on 08/22/2016 at 3:08:24 AM PST

[Post New]by Evrybodysfavgirl on Aug 13, 16 9:08 PM
I am having the same issue as others (and on a 15 inch screen) and I just downloaded this game today. Unfortunately I didn't see any warnings about this in the game reviews or I wouldn't have wasted my time.

What do I have to do to get a free game credit so I can download something else since I will be deleting this? I am running it on a MacBook Pro.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 13, 16 9:22 PM
I'm going to throw a new problem in the mix. I have been able to play the game fine up until I reached the map of Africa puzzle. The game slows to a crawl and the mouse becomes unresponsive and jerky. I changed my mouse batteries, since I knew they were low, but it made no difference. I was able to finish the puzzle by being veeeeery patient, but when I was finally able to get my mouse to move down to the Continue button and click it, the mouse was still seizing up, so I quit the game.

Once I started playing again the problem seemed to be gone, so I hope it was just something temporary or something to do with only that scene.

I guess it would be helpful to add that I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit, fast processor, tons of RAM, tons of free space on hard drive, and Windows and drivers, graphics card, Flash, Java, Shockwave, DirectX, etc., are all up to date.

Edited on 08/13/2016 at 9:28:58 PM PST

[Post New]by angelmema1954 on Aug 14, 16 6:39 AM
I have windows vista and I have the other 2 games never had trouble with them,so I don't understand why i can't play this one.I bought it and now I cannot play it.Please fix.You sent me a coupon code for another game,but I want to play this one.I'm not interested in the other games you have waited a long time for this one.I like playing the games that I can just lay back and play I have all the ranger games and the the farm scape games waiting on more of them.That's why I canceled my membership to many boring games.I have Google Chrome maybe I should change it.Don't know what would be the better choice.I'm running on a PC

Edited on 08/14/2016 at 6:44:57 AM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 14, 16 9:24 AM
angelmema1954 wrote:I have Google Chrome maybe I should change it.Don't know what would be the better choice.I'm running on a PC

Don't worry about changing from Chrome. That's just your Internet browser, not your operating system, which you said was Vista. Chrome won't affect anything about playing games, unless you are playing an online game. BFG games are download games which you can play without being on the Internet.

BFG Free-to-play games may need Internet. I don't know, since I won't play them. But this game is for purchase, so it's a download.

[Post New]by Pollysweet on Aug 14, 16 11:32 AM
Playing on an iMac. Everything up to date.
Downloaded Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3. Had to adjust screen resolution. Played the entire game.
Immediately started playing again. When in the Nassau scene is where it all broke down.
Accidentally clicked on the word Nassau on a building. Game shut down.
I reopened game. Back in Nassau. Decided to see if it would repeat. Clicked on Nassau. Game crashed.
Not one to give up easily, I reopened the game. I found a few items, then quit the game. Reopened the game. Collected more items. The list is now empty, the counter shows 14 of 15. Clicked on Hint. Message: list is empty. Clicked on Nassau. Game crashed.
Trashed the game.
Redownloaded the game. Same game. Back in Nassau. List empty. Click Nassau. Game crashes. Trashed the game.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Aug 14, 16 7:29 PM
My problem is with the puzzles. Pieces keep vanishing, so when I'm finished I'm short several pieces. I have gone back and redone all but the African animal one with success. But the first times the pieces are simply gone! I've tried going out of full screen to see if they were at an edge, but they simply disappeared!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 16, 16 9:47 AM
stanliness wrote:My problem is with the puzzles. Pieces keep vanishing, so when I'm finished I'm short several pieces. I have gone back and redone all but the African animal one with success. But the first times the pieces are simply gone! I've tried going out of full screen to see if they were at an edge, but they simply disappeared!

Try clicking all over the completed parts of the puzzle. I've found that they sometimes end up behind the pieces I've already placed. Can't guarantee it'll help, but it's possible. Good luck!

[Post New]by freakyfireflies on Aug 16, 16 12:46 PM
I have been having problems with it messing with my operating system. I rolled back my system, redownloaded the game, and still it won't operate properly. It crashing my operating system, freezing up my cpu, I have a new laptop with Windows 10. I have the other games in the series and love them. I too, still have not heard back from big fish. There is major problems with this game and I would like big fish to resolve this because I am a paying customer!

[Post New]by freakyfireflies on Aug 17, 16 5:05 AM
The developer of the game admits there is a major glitch in the game. I've spoken with them. They also admit they are having difficulty reproducing it.

[Post New]by freakyfireflies on Aug 17, 16 5:05 AM
The developer of the game admits there is a major glitch in the game. I've spoken with them. They also admit they are having difficulty reproducing it.

Go to: