Re:Eden's Quest technical issues

[Post New]by guliramsamsam on Mar 4, 10 7:44 AM
I found a solution for the "slow" issue : download the drivers for you video card.

For those who don't know what "driver" means, you can find them here :
ATI : http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
NVIDIA : http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us
INTEL : http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

I hope it can help you !

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 4, 10 7:54 AM
Yes I have downloaded the Nvdia and it is going a lot better(better than my brian at the moment, have to go to bed trying to work out the day after the day before ect. Oh Oh

cheers
lineck

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 4, 10 8:25 AM
Only one problem: they are no longer updating drivers for my vid card (RADEON X1650 PRO Video Card), which kicked tailfin back in the day but now... *sigh* I suspect I am at that bleeding edge of system that is too old. The game was very large file size wise and super clear high rez graphics so not terribly surprised. I am saving for a new system as I anticipate issues cropping up more an more with this ol' darling.

Anyway, this one ran very laggy but it ran. I'm enjoying the heck outta the game AND it's teaching me patience with sloooow load times.

[Post New]by guliramsamsam on Mar 4, 10 8:46 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Only one problem: they are no longer updating drivers for my vid card (RADEON X1650 PRO Video Card), which kicked tailfin back in the day but now... *sigh* I suspect I am at that bleeding edge of system that is too old. The game was very large file size wise and super clear high rez graphics so not terribly surprised. I am saving for a new system as I anticipate issues cropping up more an more with this ol' darling.

Anyway, this one ran very laggy but it ran. I'm enjoying the heck outta the game AND it's teaching me patience with sloooow load times.

If you use Windows Vista, there are up to date drivers for your video card here : http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.10&lang=English
And they are also available for XP here :
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.10&lang=English

Tell us if it helps you !

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Mar 4, 10 8:52 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Only one problem: they are no longer updating drivers for my vid card (RADEON X1650 PRO Video Card), which kicked tailfin back in the day but now... *sigh* I suspect I am at that bleeding edge of system that is too old. The game was very large file size wise and super clear high rez graphics so not terribly surprised. I am saving for a new system as I anticipate issues cropping up more an more with this ol' darling.

Mine is the X1600 PRO and they said last July only critical updates however there was one done in November for my card so you can check at ATI.

Just to note- no slow issues here so maybe system spec issue as well
My PC is Intel P4 3.2ghz 3.5gb ram running XP

Edited on 03/04/2010 at 9:00:06 AM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 4, 10 9:17 AM
In my case, it isn't the drivers. I have installed the newest drivers - I check every couple of weeks. Turning off AVG has worked for a couple of games. But all these tech issues on all the good games are getting old.

I will uninstall yet again, try manually loading the C++, and see if that helps. My only other recourse is to try the XP machine, but I'm sure it won't work with the older video card.

I was really hyped for this game. It is not another tired HOG with a few puzzles, but a new kind of play - sounds a bit like Azada the first with a storyline. Oh, all the HOGs like that stupid Chicago game run fine... But let something worth playing come out...

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 4, 10 9:29 AM
Got it going !!!!

I updated my drivers (again ), cleared cache, cookies etc,rebooted & voila !!!

It was still very choppy in the sound & a tad too slow. Then after 10 mins or so my free hour ran out LOL. Being a sucker, I bought it anyways & it has run perfectly ever since.

One thing I did notice, I run firefox & I have downloaded this game 3-4 times today & I noticed that each download had a different number. Is this normal? or are they fixing it as we type?

lj_brit
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lj_brit on Mar 4, 10 9:58 AM
Read and re-read a lot of comments saying "played 30 mins of demo, etc". When I go to download it says "file to large etc", so no try before you buy. Would like to have a go at this game but a bit put off by various comments to buy it sight unseen. Is there a different site to get a demo or have I just got the wrong end of the stick?

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 4, 10 10:05 AM

Me too! Managed to play - interesting game!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 4, 10 10:39 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Got it going !!!!

I updated my drivers (again ), cleared cache, cookies etc,rebooted & voila !!!

It was still very choppy in the sound & a tad too slow. Then after 10 mins or so my free hour ran out LOL. Being a sucker, I bought it anyways & it has run perfectly ever since.

One thing I did notice, I run firefox & I have downloaded this game 3-4 times today & I noticed that each download had a different number. Is this normal? or are they fixing it as we type?

I'm not really sure, but I THINK each download always has a different number that might be related to the time of the download. Don't take that as the absolute truth, but it would make sense, and I know that I've sometimes downloaded the stubs (using Firefox) twice or 2 days in a row by accident, and they also have different numbers.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 4, 10 10:44 AM
Thanks Gentlsong, that does make sense

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Mar 4, 10 11:15 AM
Hi Guys,
I downloaded the trial and went off to do something in the kitchen, and came back later and it was stuck on installing at 99. I closed the other windows and found a update I had to do with this visual C++ thing so I did it and it suddenly finished installing!
So I played the trial and everything was ok, good sound, no problems. But I find this game a bit trying as it appears to be an intense puzzle game and very little action with the figures(people). Plus, a lot of the puzzles involve math problems. Jeeze I was never very good at math when I was a kid and now that I'm old, it really burns up the brain cells.
Although my hour was up before I realized it, I still think it is too much puzzle for me. Not sure I will buy but maybe. I will keep an eye on this thread and see how you all do with it.
Good luck everyone!

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Mar 4, 10 11:30 AM
Gee....I guess I won't even be downloading this game, after reading all the info....I'm glad I read this. I don't feel like messing around with any game that doesn't work right. Hmm....sounds like this game is still in Beta form.

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Mar 4, 10 11:49 AM
got the game to download..but it just sits at the load page...cant get past it. any ideas?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 4, 10 12:16 PM
Hi fishies,

Update! If you download the game and are prompted to update or install additional programs, for example visual C++ , Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or Direct X. These programs are probably necessary for the game to run properly, so you can go ahead and accept them.

If they weren't accepted the first time around, you can always reinstall.

Or, if C++ isn't installing from the prompt, you can install from here.

If you continue to have problems the best way to get these types of issues resolved is by contacting our Customer Support team. They will gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix. If you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support.

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.

2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.

3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.

4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the ‘Next’ button.

5. A .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.

6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

I want to reiterate that if you're uncomfortable with any of the above steps, just shoot an email to Customer Support or hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, and a CS Representative will

Edited on 03/05/2010 at 9:33:40 AM PST

[Post New]by FranticFreddie on Mar 4, 10 12:22 PM
I downloaded that game @work (WinXP SP3) and it runs pretty smooth.

Now I downloaded it @home (Win7 x64 Pro) and ... it doesn't work.

edit: DLed and installed it on a Notebook (Vista Home Premium) and it works fine too.

Edited on 03/05/2010 at 1:21:18 AM PST

sas24471
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sas24471 on Mar 4, 10 2:52 PM
What is suppose to happen when you first start the game and the woman is at the dock. It just says the one conversation and I can't click or do anything. Stuck there?

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Mar 4, 10 3:32 PM
i was going to post something about this prob being a vidcard issue when i started reading then saw others had the same suggestion, all i can do it second it, most of you having probs it prob IS your video card

for what it's worth, i'm sure it has nothing to do with the visual C++ programming update, i got the prompt to download it but cancelled it let the game finish installing and it ran fine for the half hour i demo'd it, so i suspect any issues are due to outdated drivers, or maybe for those of you with Win7 running all native drivers and this game requiring specific card drivers to run smooth

anyone still struggling that hasn't updated their drivers, it's worth a shot

[Post New]by FranticFreddie on Mar 5, 10 1:22 AM
sas24471 wrote:What is suppose to happen when you first start the game and the woman is at the dock. It just says the one conversation and I can't click or do anything. Stuck there?

There should be a totem on your left side after the 1st conversation.

[Post New]by guliramsamsam on Mar 5, 10 3:10 AM
rita9720 wrote:Finished downloading. Started to play, got past first puzzle, was given 25 coins and a map. Could not click on button to activate map because the screen is too wide and not long enough. Tried all the settings and they were all poor. Please get this problem and others straightened out. Seems like a good game but not worth the aggravation and time consumption. Thank you.

Did you try to change the screen resolution in the option menu ?

Cheers !

Go to: