Kathy38TN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:New Build for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena

[Post New]by Kathy38TN on Oct 13, 08 7:17 PM
Ok I uninstalled and reinstalled my game and its still stuck on the doors to get to the gong??????

jkberlin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jkberlin on Oct 13, 08 8:01 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm still stuck in the laser room. I have placed all the roses and the scarf, only have shield left, all the laser beams are still there and can't use the shield anywhere. So I can't get Doctor Butler to finish the game. I will start all over and see if it will work the second time around.

[Post New]by mpcooper on Oct 13, 08 10:41 PM
Hello,

This game appears to have either some serious glitches or one major one that really messes with the game at any given point. Big Fish Games should offer a free game to the gamer's that have purchased this in good faith and have been annoyed to no end. It would be a gesture of goodwill, especially to the game club members. From what I surmise, from reading the forum, Big Fish has installed a rebuild of this game. And I think Big Fish has an obligation to email and/or mail letter's informing people of the glitches in this game. I am not still sure if my game purchase has the new and modified re-install. Where is the official location where we can find out if they have indeed fixed the problem in all purchased games? I haven't seen anything in the PC games column in the Help section. Again, Big Fish needs to address this immediately, as this is a potential customer loss waiting to happen. If I owned this company, this would be addressed as fast as I knew there was a problem. And when the problem is verified, I would notify all customer's who purchased this game and let them know when the problem will be fixed and where we go to get the modified game.

I hate to see Big Fish lose the ball, when they have a really good site and great games. But this is dropping the ball, big time. There need's to be an official updates page where we can get the information from Big Fish. The forum is great, but it is not the official company. It is comprised of gamers, mostly. I am curious what the customer's and gamer's have to say. Not that the gamer's are wrong, but I feel it is Big Fish's responsibility to keep us informed about defective games, not the forum. However, I suspect the forum is the platform which Big Fish becomes aware of any potential problems with games. Any comment's?

Edited on 10/13/2008 at 10:59:58 PM PST

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on Oct 13, 08 10:53 PM
I was waiting for the 'fix' before buying this game ... I think I might be waiting a bit longer going by the posts here

[Post New]by mpcooper on Oct 13, 08 11:29 PM
Big Fish Games,

If you are reading this. I followed the advice of the moderator of this forum. I have installed and re-installed this game 4 different times. And I just got done doing it 5 minutes ago. According to the forum moderator, we should have been able to re-install this game and go right to where we left off. And it doesn't work, so I would like to hear from Big Fish, as this is really annoying. Again, you need to post a Critical Updates on your website to address game failure's, instead of hearing it on the forum. You should have a tab at the top of your website, where you put download games, online games, game community, forums, and my account. There should be a Critical Updates tab, where gamers can go to get the official notice from you, not a forum. This would be a big help. Any response from Big Fish Games would be the right thing to do and very much appreciated from the customer's who purchased this game. I am not re-installing this game until Big Fish notifies me and if they don't, I will be asking for a refund. Thank you.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 14, 08 1:54 AM
Those of you still having issues really should contact tech support. The number of people not having issues say that there might be something more going on, possibly with your machine. I've had zero issues with the first release and I'm running Vista. I've played the game 3 times and had no problems.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 14, 08 8:59 AM
lindawithag wrote:I think that the number of people having issues it telling of somethng gone awry with the game not our indivual computers! How many of us have not posted their problems with this game, like me!
You should really contact tech support. If a problem is caused by certain computer configurations- if they don't know about it, they cant make updates to the game and post the updates for you.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Oct 14, 08 9:35 AM
Hello again everyone. I'm terribly sorry to hear that many of you are still experiencing problems with Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena. We are currently still in contact with the developers of the game, and are working towards addressing some of the other problems people have been posting here on the forums. Please know that we are indeed aware of the problems, and I'll post back here as soon as I know something new about future fixes.

In the meantime, if you need immediate assistance with Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena, you can contact our Customer Support staff by clicking here or by using the Live Chat feature if you are a Game Club member.

Also, when you contact Customer Support, I would also suggest that you include a copy of your computer's dxdiag document. If you are unsure about how to do so, please consult our help topic entitled - Updating My PC. It contains instructions on how to create and save a dxdiag document.

Thank you all for your patience, and thank you for visiting the forums!

Edited on 10/14/2008 at 9:35:32 AM PST

[Post New]by roch49 on Oct 14, 08 11:09 AM
does this game have snakes in it

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 14, 08 4:29 PM
christinesav wrote:I am also really fed up - have re-installed 3 times now and the door panels still do NOT work .

what makes it worse is reading messages from the people who have finished the game.

please hurry up and sort this out - I am not impressed at the moment.
Have you contacted tech support? They will be able to assist you.

[Post New]by christinesav on Oct 15, 08 3:56 AM
I contacted support - maybe because I am in the UK it is a time difference, but have had no response yet.

I also am having problems with Magic Encyclopedia, which also has some issues, so the last two games that I have purchased have not worked.

I certainly feel that BFG have some problems at the moment .

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

A new problem? I cannot replay the game!

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 5:35 AM
Hallber wrote:I tried to play the game again but I haven't been able to because the game did not reset itself fully when I finished it first time around. Some of the puzzles are showing up as solved even though I haven't collected all the pieces needed to finish them and still have the tools in my backpack to find hidden clues. This means the backpack is full of items that I should be using but can't because the puzzle is showing as solved (even though I haven't done it yet!) and I cannot move on because I cannot pick up the remaining items on my list.

Will the fix deal with this problem too?

Thanks
Wow- that's really strange. Have you tried unistalling and getting the new build?

bfogc
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bfogc on Oct 15, 08 5:59 AM
I bought this game and finished it.I didn't have any problems with it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 7:01 AM
bfogc wrote: I bought this game and finished it.I didn't have any problems with it.
I didnt either. I feel really bad for those players that are having so many issues. It really is a fun game. It must be very frustrating.

[Post New]by ItsMe01 on Oct 15, 08 8:02 AM
I have downloaded the new version & I am still stuck in the market place, can't use the tools I have which are correct & it won't let me leave that section of the market place. Sure do like this game, but this is getting to be a pain after many tries & downloads & name changes. Hope they fix all the bugs soon.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 8:05 AM
ItsMe01 wrote:I have downloaded the new version & I am still stuck in the market place, can't use the tools I have which are correct & it won't let me leave that section of the market place. Sure do like this game, but this is getting to be a pain after many tries & downloads & name changes. Hope they fix all the bugs soon.
If you are in the 2nd area of the market place- there are two exits- One to leave the market and the other to go back to the first marketpalce area. One is at the top of the screen and the other is at the bottom.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Oct 15, 08 9:53 AM
Hello again everyone. I would just like to take a moment to clarify something concerning the new build of the game. We've just learned, that, in order for the fix that the new build addresses with the Kyoto, Japan level, you will in fact have to start a new player profile upon starting the game after installing the new build.

I'm sorry for the notice earlier that said you would not need to do so, as it turns out you will. So, if there are still those of you experiencing problems with the new build in the Kyoto, Japan level, try creating a new profile after having installed the new build. If after that you are still experiencing problems I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here. Again, I'm sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

Edited on 10/15/2008 at 9:59:19 AM PST

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by laurah65 on Oct 15, 08 2:53 PM
I just finish the game I do not think I need the rebuild game. I finish after starting it over 5 times but on the fifth try I finish it. I will start a replay on the rebuild and see if it plays better. This game is really fun and it is not all that short to me but shorter than some of them. Thanks BFG. when are you going to have a sequel to this game?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 4:03 PM
laurah65 wrote:I just finish the game I do not think I need the rebuild game. I finish after starting it over 5 times but on the fifth try I finish it. I will start a replay on the rebuild and see if it plays better. This game is really fun and it is not all that short to me but shorter than some of them. Thanks BFG. when are you going to have a sequel to this game?
I thought I didnt need the rebuild either after i was able to play it through few times. Now its going crazy! Solving puzzles for me etc.

[Post New]by puzzlefiend on Oct 16, 08 2:05 AM
I too have been having problems. The demo played without a hitch, but as soon as I bought the game it wouldn't even start coming up with an error message 'File Resources sfs has corrupted header' . I contacted BFG, who gave me instructions to download as I am a Vista user and advising me of the new build that was available for download.

I followed the instructions to the letter, but it made no difference and I am still getting the same error message, which is a great shame because I loved the game when I played the demo.

In all fairness to BFG support, they have offered me a free game, which is great, but I am so frustrated that I can't play this particular one.

Go to: