Re:Comment and Reviews for Time Riddles: The Mansion zzzZZZzzz

[Post New]by hellejjmix on Mar 6, 10 7:50 AM
First hour (18% of game) fine! A good combination of hidden object, riddles and match-3. I bought the game only to find out that it's VERY repetitive ... you are searching the same 12? scenes for almost the same objects 8-10 times - maybe more - I stopped counting - zzzZZZzzz...

kimflight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Comment and Reviews for Time Riddles: The Mansion

[Post New]by kimflight on Mar 6, 10 9:17 AM
I bought the game because it was fun finding the jewels and solving the riddles and the objects were findable. And then, the game just repeated the same scenes over and over and over and over and over... Well, you get the point. Once the jewels were found and the riddles done, it was just a plain HOG with all the same objects .

The Match 3 were all the same colors and it was hard to see the moves and hard to move them. You had to click on one then click where you wanted to move it. It got very monotonous as well.

The story line was terribly depressing and the English was so bad that it made very little sense. Sorry I bought it.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Mar 6, 10 3:38 PM
Don't know why exactly but I am just not fond of this game. Maybe just too many things to do? Gimicky.

The art work was fine. I guess they make the wrong clicks very forgiving since you have to investigate to find all the gems. The list of things to find does change if you start over so perhaps there is re-play value.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Mar 6, 10 3:47 PM
It started out to be a fun game, that is after I had to come in with another name. But then it got sooo boring. The same scenes and the same objects. I thought for a while there I was in a loop and was never going to get out again. And turning those scenes around was pretty lame. One pet peve though is I don't like match 3. I never buy them and I don't like playing them. So having to play to get my hints was clearly not my thing but I did it anyways. If I had paid a higher price for this, then I would want my money back.

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Mar 6, 10 3:50 PM
A little too much on the blurry side for my liking. Wanted to like it, but alas, it's definitely not a keeper for me.

Linda1210
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Linda1210 on Mar 6, 10 3:55 PM
Shoot me now! This was probably the most annoying and frustrating game I have ever played. There appears to be 75 hidden object scenes to go through and at the end of each one you get "awards" for playing the game exactly how the developers want you too. You have to click every single object in the order listed. You cannot mis-click anything. And you have to click various objects NOT listed sometimes several times in order to get jewels or other objects (I guess). Also, there are so many mis-labeled items sometimes you just have to guess if that is the item they meant for you to find. Good luck with that and still managing to get your no mis-click award. If you are like me and it will drive you crazy to see that you only managed to achieve your goal xxx out of 75 times then pass on this game. It is the only game I have EVER deleted before I even finished the hour demo.

Comment and Reviews for Time Riddles: The Mansion

[Post New]by mygrndkidsvip on Mar 6, 10 4:00 PM
Purchased this game and it has way to many bugs in it. To many glitches. Closed out reloaded and still doesn't work right.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Mar 6, 10 4:02 PM
Boring.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 6, 10 6:03 PM
I played this for 20 mins and stopped. I found the scenes tedious and often blurry. There was no story line and not much to do. If you like a standard hidden object with no interaction, then you may like this game. But if like me, you like something a bit more interactive with interesting characters and game play (like Azada) then skip it.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Mar 6, 10 10:31 PM
This game has alot of good elements and some not so good. It's an easy going, relaxing game, no thought required. The graphics were pretty clear. The riddles a nice touch, but simple and silly. I enjoyed the little puzzles within the scene. The big turn-offs for me were the instructions difficult to understand due to poor English, wrongly described objects, for example...a ping pong paddle is not a racket and a bomb is not dynamite. Not sure if a glitch or I just never figured it out, I thought solving riddles or finding all the gems would give more hints, but it didnt. I never did figure out how to get more hints. Might buy on a DD.

snailysue
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by snailysue on Mar 7, 10 7:30 AM
SublimeOne wrote:I liked this game but the problems in it with language really bothered me.

It's clear that english isn't the first language of whoever created this game. There are spelling errors everywhere but more importantly, objects are mis-labelled and the riddles are made harder by the mangled language.

I got a few of the riddles right by just guessing. And the answers just didn't make sense with the way the riddles were worded.

I love that you have to do things in order to get all the jewels. Push buttons, ring bells, line things up, open things, all sorts of stuff that makes the game more interesting.

But every time I start to enjoy myself, I get smacked in the head with butchered english.

For that alone, I'll probably have to give it a pass. That sort of thing drives me crazy. But if you can get past the torturous language, then this is actually an interesting game with lots to offer.

Sorry to just quote you verbatim but you summed up my thoughts perfectly! I have actually bought the game but to be honest I hadn't bothered to read the diary until then!

An interesting game, and different to most!

[Post New]by joliffe on Mar 7, 10 7:45 AM
Not Good! Partway into the second round it stopped giving me jewels to find. I tried a new start and drat, same thing. I had already bought it--rats. I liked the format, too bad it doesn't work with Windows 7

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 8, 10 10:03 PM
Could be my frame of mind tonight, but I found this game boring. I enjoyed the challenge of finding the items in order, finding the jewels and the little puzzles within each scene. I thought the riddles were easy and obvious. The music got annoying so could easily play with sound off. I didn't care for the match three puzzles. Generally I like match 3 games, but just didn't find this all that interesting. I'm not sure how the 'misclicks' where counted, but no matter how many times I clicked, i still got points for no misclicks. I agree with others that the language was flawed, but then again I'm not one to complain since I don't speak or write other languages. I'm to chapter 4 and I have 12 minutes left of demo time, so I'm going to sit on this one for a bit before I decide to buy or not.

Cheers!

M_E_M_O_M
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by M_E_M_O_M on Mar 9, 10 7:35 AM
The first hour was fine, so I bought this. Very sorry I did. I'm not going to finish it because I'm fed up with the lousy English and finding the same objects in the same scenes over and over again.

This was a total rip-off!!!!

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Mar 9, 10 8:31 PM
I liked the demo...so bought the game. Surprised to learn that each scene was repeated over and over and over. There was not much of a challenge. The story line had nothing to do with the playing. The thing that got me the most was the horrible spelling...that needs to be corrected. Also after one finishes each set of games, then they play matching 3 items that are alike. Fun the first time, but not after that. Needed different puzzles each time.
Grading it on a scale of 1-10, I would give it a -1 Sorry, but I wasted my money big time. The people who buy from Big Fish want quality...not a quanity of games. I will be sure to read the comments and reviews by others before I purchase a game again. This game has been deleted!!

Edited on 03/09/2010 at 8:37:08 PM PST

lazella
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lazella on Mar 10, 10 1:19 AM
Can't you guys at least get the English correct, spelling correct etc. this is terrible. I am so upset with the games that have so many mistakes in them that I am wondering who designs these games? Can't someone proof read??????

pdotz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by pdotz on Mar 12, 10 2:37 PM
After buying this game, it began to have errors and freeze up. Now I find that the fame just keeps repeating the same lists of hidden objects OVER AND OVER - AGAIN AND AGAIN - BORING BORING BORING - I love the Mystery Case files and Big City Adventures - some variety not just 39 levels of REPEATS after REPEATS.
Really sorry I bought this one, even though the graphics were pretty - for they are not Pretty the 39th time around.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 14, 10 12:01 AM
I found this game boring. The use of the English language annoyed the **** out of me...I didn't even finish the demo.

[Post New]by MalteseBaby on Mar 15, 10 2:54 PM
I think something may have not translated well tech. wise with the update. I played almost all of the game, then downloaded the new build as it was highlighted on my Game Manager.

After that, I was in my own version of "Groundhog Day". I was, like the other posters above me have said, doing the same rooms over and over, but without the gems to find, or the riddles to solve. I memorized where most of the hidden objects were in every room after a while.

I really believe something went terribly wrong with the rebuild as none of the early reviews of the game indicated this horribly repetitive gameplay. I feel sure they would have if it had been present in the game.

BOTTOM LINE:: I enjoyed the game as it was meant to be played. After it was " reconfigured" due to a glitch or something, it was total MISERY to play and BF needs to take another look at how the programming is configured for this game. Something is way off.
As it is playable currently, not even one More like a BIG

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Mar 16, 10 2:37 PM
I can't finish it ....I'm too bored! Too much repeating of same scenes and the story line is not cohesive.

Go to: