DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Re:The Treasures of Mystery Island

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Oct 11, 08 4:09 PM
scotcat wrote:
Poodlebear, I'm jealous!! Wish I had as many games to still play as you do.

I still have 23 unfinished games to play! I haven't even finished Cate West yet.

I'm just so busy right now with all these kittens & cats, I don't have a lot of time. Once they are all placed in pet homes, I will be in HO Heaven. Plus, I keep playing Fishdom & 4 Elements over & over again. I'm addicted to them!

Wow!!!!!! I'd be obsessed with finishing them all. (I'm anal that way! ) I absolutely loved Cate West, so maybe I should play that one again. Haven't played Fishdom and just got through 4 elements. Also thinking about Saqqarah or however you spell it.

Do you rescue the cats or breed them? I have a housefull here so I understand how needy they can be sometimes. You get so used to them doing their own thing and all of a sudden they all need attention at the same time. I make them take numbers then!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 11, 08 5:38 PM
This to me is an awesome game. Tried the demo and then bought. Alaware puts out excellent games and I always had excellent customer service there. I bought ME from them when it first came out, and there were glitches in that game and they sent me a fixed version of it and I didn't even ask. I always by their games either at full price or BFG Game Club. Thanks

Sassy

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 11, 08 5:39 PM
DoobieBear wrote:Poodlebear, I'm jealous!! Wish I had as many games to still play as you do.

That's because she spent so much time trying to figure out picman's clues !

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Oct 12, 08 10:43 AM
Sure sounds like a game I want to try ~ where did you say you downloaded it as a demo????

Gee

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Oct 12, 08 11:06 AM
Just finished the demo. looks pretty good, graphics are nice.i like putting the objects together,sound quality good . will probbaly buy this one too.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 12, 08 11:57 AM
Played about 1/2 hour of the demo ... will save rest for later tonight. This one would be a nice addition for the Octoberfest!! Don't think it's as well done as Mortimer Beckett or Magic Encyclopedia but it was a fun demo.

tix48
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by tix48 on Oct 12, 08 1:10 PM
I liked the game a lot also! I am pretty picky when it comes to HO but this one is good and will buy it when BF gets it and I'm sure they will and I bet we wont have to wait that long either

sandipuppy
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by sandipuppy on Oct 12, 08 2:19 PM
Well, I bit the bullett so to speak and down loaded the trial...

I love it!! Can't wait for BFG to get this one, no way am I paying 20 big ones...I love having to look for the things and then use them in the right places...

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Oct 12, 08 2:22 PM
Thanks for the tip. I am going to download now. Need something to take up some of my time

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 12, 08 6:37 PM
GeeBee wrote:Sure sounds like a game I want to try ~ where did you say you downloaded it as a demo????

Gee
it's at alawar

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Oct 12, 08 7:13 PM
Thanks, prpl, for the info! The game sounds like fun....

Gee

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 12, 08 8:02 PM
GeeBee wrote:Thanks, prpl, for the info! The game sounds like fun....

Gee
It is- I hope BFG gets it soon

babseymaz
Flounder
Flounder
2,179 Posts

[Post New]by babseymaz on Oct 12, 08 8:50 PM
scotcat wrote:Funny how everyone seems to have problems with iWin except me and I won't download ANYTHING from Alawar. I've never had good luck with that site. I'll wait till iWin or BF gets it in.

Maybe that's a good thing scotcat, I looked of Alawar on yahoo's website and in big red letters in told me that it wasn't a safe site. Playfirst has it also.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 12, 08 10:22 PM
It is odd, isn't it, that while some have issues with one site, others don't. Maybe our browser or individual software is part of the issue. Oh well, we just have to go with what works for us individually.

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Oct 12, 08 11:02 PM
coco1953 wrote:I want it!!! I want it!!! Just finished the demo. I hope BF gets this game as I don't like to buy from any other sites.

same here!

emma2449
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by emma2449 on Oct 19, 08 9:37 AM
i have tried to download this from alawar onto my computer and my lap top.
the computer instals okay but then when i come to play it a message comes up saying problems and switches off
the lap top just wont let me down load at all
any help out there for a frustrated HO gamer.
the computer is Vista and the laptop windows xp
other wise might not be able to down load when it comes onto bigfish:0)

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 19, 08 9:59 AM
emma2449 wrote:i have tried to download this from alawar onto my computer and my lap top.
the computer instals okay but then when i come to play it a message comes up saying problems and switches off
the lap top just wont let me down load at all
any help out there for a frustrated HO gamer.
the computer is Vista and the laptop windows xp
other wise might not be able to down load when it comes onto bigfish:0)
Hi Emma- I played the demo with Vista and no issues. Until Big Fish gets this one, you will have to check with Alawar.

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Oct 19, 08 10:03 AM
scotcat wrote:Funny how everyone seems to have problems with iWin except me and I won't download ANYTHING from Alawar. I've never had good luck with that site. I'll wait till iWin or BF gets it in.

Hey scotcat--I guess I'm in the minority with you. I don't seem to have any problems with iWin either. Though I tend to buy most of my games here at bfg, they do have alot of good specials on their steals and deals.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

The Treasures of Mystery Island

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 19, 08 10:53 AM
angelwingz7 wrote:
prpldva wrote:New HO at Alawar- downloading now

prpldva, is this available on Mac?
I just looked at the site, but I did not see anything saying they had a Mac version.= Sorry.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

The Treasures of Mystery Island

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 19, 08 11:18 AM
angelwingz7 wrote:
prpldva wrote:
angelwingz7 wrote:
prpldva wrote:New HO at Alawar- downloading now

prpldva, is this available on Mac?
I just looked at the site, but I did not see anything saying they had a Mac version.= Sorry.

Ok, ty prpldva
You're welcome. I don't understand why the developers don't create a mac version at the same time. With the shortage of games for you guys, I'm sure they would get pounced on.

Go to: