JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by JoyWales on Mar 11, 10 12:57 AM
Downloaded fine for me - windows xp. good game, will buy regular version, just wanted to have a quick look at ce version.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 11, 10 1:03 AM
Miracles never cease. It downloaded and plays fine. Alas, Eden's Quest did not. I don't know why some do and some don't, and not for the same people.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 1:21 AM
amj0963 wrote:i am also getting a download error, this happened the other day with the dolphin dice, i waited a day and it downloaded fine. i really wanted to try this game out, but this is ridiculous and it isn't my computer, it won't download on dad's xp, mom's computer, my laptop or desktop and each has a different virus protection so it isn't that either.

me too dolphin dice and this game, xp

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Mar 11, 10 1:50 AM
Just finished demo hour - where did the time go???

Brilliant. Not sure I'll be able to wait for the regular edition....

Not sure about the length though - I seem to be on chapter 3. The graphics at the start seemed to indicate 7 'days' and I haven't appeared to pass from day one...hmm. Of course the was to find out is the length is to glance through the strategy guide, but I'd hate to buy the full version, only to discover that there are only 5 chapters in total........hmmm.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 11, 10 2:01 AM
It didn't download for me either WindowsXP here. This is frustrating. I had problems downloading the TGTs over the weekend. Wrote to CS and got this reply:

I think the problem might have to do with your Firewall stopping the activation. To fix this issue, what we will need to do is add the game manager (and related applications) to your Firewall and Anti-Virus software's safe list (usually referred to as "white listing") to resolve these problems. The game manager is located in your Program Files:

C:\Program Files\bfgclient

The 3 applications that need to be "white listed":

* bfgclient.exe
* bfgprocess.exe
* bfggameservices.exe

My Installation Failed: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/164

Problem Downloading & Activating Games http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/536

If you have trouble with this step, you will need to contact the maker of your anti-virus software directly for further directions. All software programs are different so we want to make sure you are able to complete this step correctly with their help.
.......................................................................................................................

I wonder if I should try that.

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 2:04:05 AM PST

juliebr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by juliebr on Mar 11, 10 2:11 AM
I am so sorry for those who cannot get this to download. I am also on chapter 3 with 11 minutes left on the trial. Really enjoying, but if you don't like games that move back and forth between scenes, you won't. I also love fairy tales so this dragged me in instantly. Not sure if I will buy or wait for the $6.99 version. I am totally spoiled when it comes to cost of games. Also have not needed to use any hints to wondering if I would feel I put the extra $14 dollars into it for not much.
Anyhow, I hope you all get your problems with downloading worked out, because this is a good game.

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Mar 11, 10 2:53 AM
have tried it on both my computers one with windows XP and one with vista - in both cases it immediately goes to error downloading as soon as the game manager starts up. Hopefully CS or techies will find a fix I was so looking forward to this game - can't complain too loudly only 3 games in three years have failed to download.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Mar 11, 10 2:53 AM
amj0963 wrote:vista here.

Same here, downloading error

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 11, 10 3:03 AM
Hmmmmm Poison Bar is loading just fine for me too!! So it has to be the game and not our computers.

haggishead
Shark
Shark
13,780 Posts

[Post New]by haggishead on Mar 11, 10 3:28 AM
sorry for all you fishies who can't d/l. I've got Windows Vista and played demo and have now bought. No problems so far, keeping finger crossed.

[Post New]by lilac11 on Mar 11, 10 3:42 AM
This game won't download for me...I'm running vista,tried downloading another game and that worked perfectly. This looks my type of game!! Please sort it out BF!!

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Mar 11, 10 3:44 AM
I really like the game. However, I refuse to spend $19.95 for a game. I will have to wait several weeks to get the cheaper version. These games are not worth $19.95.

[Post New]by Metaphoria on Mar 11, 10 4:25 AM
Cannot download.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 11, 10 4:31 AM
"Error downloading". POS

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Mar 11, 10 5:37 AM
I use XP and can't download either.
I have tried to shot down firewall and antivirus and it did not work.
Hope BF work on the problem because that game look like I would like it.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Mar 11, 10 5:52 AM
I briefly had a problem w/downloading, got the "check connection" type of message. Went ahead and did other stuff. I figured the server was just busy.

Tried later, it d/loaded and installed easily.

This is a great game!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 6:03 AM
i have been trying all morning since like 5 am.....living vicariously thru pepper

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 6:06 AM
since i am going to buy anyway i am tempted to go ahead and buy and see if its just the demo that is the problem. opinions, i know cs will fix so not worried about losing money

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 11, 10 7:12 AM
I've read that so many people have problems downloading. For me, no problem. Running XP SP3 on iMac.
Feel bad for those who can't download.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Mar 11, 10 7:22 AM
Running Vista Home Premium ...Can not download either, never had this problem brfore. Guess I was not ment to play this game at this time. Will try again in a day or so.

Go to: