lidybel
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lidybel on Mar 11, 10 4:34 AM
Error downloading.Running Vista.

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by porambo707 on Mar 11, 10 4:42 AM
Well you have all made me feel better. I'm running on Vista as well and just got done downloading Potion Bar with no issues. I'm really bummed about this. I've been waiting all week for a game to come out that I want to play and now I can't download it.

Aphrala
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Aphrala on Mar 11, 10 4:45 AM
same here porambo

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Mar 11, 10 4:50 AM
I'm so sorry that so many fishies are having trouble with this game. It downloaded fine for me, I have Windows XP. I just finished playing it and it is an awesome game! It has twelve chapters and it took me about four hours to complete. I played the bonus game too and that was fun. I consider it worth the price and I can't wait to start all over again!!

nan431
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by nan431 on Mar 11, 10 4:53 AM
I too can't download the game, glad to see others having the same problem, thought computer had crashed again. nan431

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 11, 10 4:57 AM
I can`t also download this game. I will try it another day.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 4:57 AM
thistle809 wrote: I wonder if we have utterly overwhelmed the server; since this is a fairly large download (takes a little more time) and so many of us are trying to get it at the same time. I have never had a problem downloading anything else from BFG and nothing has changed in my computer, but I keep getting "Error downloading" when I try to get this game. I'm sure tech support will have an answer for us very soon (BFG is the best for tech support.); we just have to be a bit patient. (That is not easy, because this looks like a fantastic game!)

thats not it. dolphin dice, a game from a few days ago that was,nt a real popular game did exactly the same thing

cf_30
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by cf_30 on Mar 11, 10 5:15 AM
I am running windows 7 and have the 'error downloading' message. So disappointing as I did the beta test for this one (with no problems) and have been waiting for it to come out.

I had a problem downloading the Delaware St John game a few days ago, but I think did something to fix it pretty quickly because it worked fine a day or two later without me changing anything on my computer, so I am sure if there is a problem it won't take long to be fixed. If not I will contact CS who have always been really helpful in the past.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 11, 10 5:29 AM
: ...Me too !!!!......

Marvin2009
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Marvin2009 on Mar 11, 10 5:34 AM
I am also having problems. Mine won't even start to download before i get the error message.

f1racing
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by f1racing on Mar 11, 10 5:52 AM
When I try to download, I get a "error in downloading" message. I have over 100 games and never received this message. Also, all the innerds of my computer are new and up to date, so I don't think it's the video card or anything. I'm running Windows XP Pro

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 5:53:27 AM PST

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Mar 11, 10 5:53 AM
Another one who can't download this game :-(

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Mar 11, 10 5:55 AM
f1racing wrote:When I try to download, I get a "error in downloading" message. I have over 100 games and never received this message. Also, all the innerds of my computer are new and up to date, so I don't think it's the video card or anything. I'm running Windows XP Pro

Ditto here too. Very disappointing. Will try again later and see if BF have done anything about it.

shaboo58
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by shaboo58 on Mar 11, 10 6:02 AM
do we need to contact CS or are they aware of this problem.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 6:08 AM
i pmed them

seaisle08
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by seaisle08 on Mar 11, 10 6:16 AM
comes up download error, have never, ever, had a problem before

Cherieaa
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Cherieaa on Mar 11, 10 6:18 AM
The game downloaded fine for me, even in good time considering the size and the possible overload on servers. I can play the game but it is sooooooooo slow and sluggish there is no practical way I can continue with it. Will see about updating some drivers and shutting down etc. I suspect the answers to our questions will come along soon. Its still quite early for the bugs to be solved.

[Post New]by 1963jennag on Mar 11, 10 6:21 AM
I am having the same problem everyone else is. I have done everything that they suggested and still nothing. Obviously BFG is aware of the situation so hopefully they will come up with a solution soon as i am a big fan of this type of game and have been waiting for a new one to come out. Anyone come up with any new solution ideas????

[Post New]by krissii on Mar 11, 10 6:22 AM
I managed to download the trial first with no problems. I tried the game and it was working no problems. My probles started when i tried to purchase the game and it came up that the game didnt exist!! Still cant get the whole game and really gutted as it looks brilliant. Anyone else having the same problem? xxx

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Mar 11, 10 6:24 AM
I sent them an email just in case.

Go to: