lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: Crimson Hollow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lolaluv on Aug 31, 16 6:46 AM
Another update: no mouse problems with the Eipix release Dead Reckoning. Finished this game with an external mouse and custom cursor. Mouse issues must be track pad related and something that Elephant is doing but not Eipix. Hope that helps.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: Crimson Hollow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by redscott on Sep 2, 16 11:18 PM
Hello folks...I'm in the Puppet Room Past, trying to create the developer. I initially got the order wrong for the ingredients. Now I can't create the stuff correctly it seems as there's no reset button. I've closed out the game and gone back in, but nothing is working. Can't go further without this working. Any help appreciated, thanks.

[Post New]by SkyeGray on Sep 3, 16 1:12 PM
Velvet625 wrote:I am in the portrait room and suppose to use the oil on the window and no oil. I had it and used it I believe on the lion and then it disappeared. I am guessing I have to start the game over now unless there is some oil somewhere else?

Oil disappeared in my game too. Ugh. I'm asking for a credit for this one.

subcaptain
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by subcaptain on Sep 3, 16 3:08 PM
This is a first for me- the screen goes black except for the foreground things like the hint icon, the inventory box, and the map/menu icon. Has this happened to any body else?

[Post New]by Rubyflash61 on Sep 4, 16 12:41 PM
subcaptain wrote:This is a first for me- the screen goes black except for the foreground things like the hint icon, the inventory box, and the map/menu icon. Has this happened to any body else?

Yes, I just used the map to go to another room and then back again and it was fine.

[Post New]by Rubyflash61 on Sep 4, 16 12:45 PM
The rooms go black from time to time. I can use the map to move around, but it's a pain.

Edited on 09/04/2016 at 1:03:29 PM PST

[Post New]by lisarug721 on Sep 5, 16 8:59 AM
subcaptain wrote:This is a first for me- the screen goes black except for the foreground things like the hint icon, the inventory box, and the map/menu icon. Has this happened to any body else?

I am also having this issue. The screen is black in the "Back Door" room. Don't want to use the map to navigate!

[Post New]by atwojay on Sep 5, 16 10:10 AM
SkyeGray wrote:
Velvet625 wrote:I am in the portrait room and suppose to use the oil on the window and no oil. I had it and used it I believe on the lion and then it disappeared. I am guessing I have to start the game over now unless there is some oil somewhere else?

Oil disappeared in my game too. Ugh. I'm asking for a credit for this one.

Disappearing oil here too. Is there any way to continue? I don't want to play it over again from the beginning.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Sep 9, 16 9:53 AM
I start the game and once the beginning "movie" ends it freezes on a woman opening a door with a dead woman on the other side. After that it does nothing. Never allows you to put in your name, pick options, period. It's just the picture and the music. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times and I have a new computer and proper software.

[Post New]by Darcee5 on Sep 10, 16 3:26 PM
lisarug721 wrote:

I am also having this issue. The screen is black in the "Back Door" room. Don't want to use the map to navigate!

[Post New]by Darcee5 on Sep 10, 16 3:28 PM
I am also having this problem. I use time travel in the "gates" and when I return the screen is black. The cursor is available to let me return to the dungeon but I cannot return to the "gates". I shut down and reloaded the game and it worked fine, I got to the gates, traveled back and the same thing happened when I tried to return.

[Post New]by minxjinx on Sep 16, 16 11:28 AM
I get this message when trying to play the game after install (I reinstalled 4 times) I am running windows 7

Access violation at 0x02F4092E (tried to write to 0x00000000) program terminated.

Edited on 09/16/2016 at 11:29:29 AM PST

[Post New]by animeannie4869 on Sep 23, 16 5:01 PM
I got to the Grim's past screen and couldn't move on as I did not grab a couple of items from the tree trunk. Super frustrating!!!

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Oct 2, 16 10:50 PM
Interesting that no one has mentioned the screen going black except for the active areas. This is something that has been seen by me and many people in every game in this series since about the fifth one. Of course one can keep playing, but it's not very pretty. (It's even percolated into the two Midnight Castle games, the downloadable ones.) However, I have been consistently finding in Windows 7 that if I just back out all the way to the main menu, then, instead of exiting, click "play" to go back in, it is fixed, at least for a while. Long enough to make me feel I have barely been interrupted. If anyone is having that, my fix may also work for you.

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Oct 8, 16 12:11 PM
This is already the second game by Elephant where I have a laggy cursor, after MT Hellswitch. Additionally (in both), it shows the custom and the standard icon at the same time; not always, but mostly.
I play on an iMac with Sierra.

Edited on 10/08/2016 at 12:15:13 PM PST

[Post New]by woolybee on Jan 2, 17 3:28 PM
Windows 10
I got as far as the dungeon of the past, and once the tree grew wavy arms, I am not able to select anything in the scene. I can move around to other rooms and back to the future with out issue. Anyone else have this issue and found a solution?

babs0258
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by babs0258 on Feb 3, 17 12:14 PM
Using Windows 7. Missing piece of door knocker. It is not available to get from anywhere! All pieces taken from fountain. Cannot return to fountain, so I know I got all of them. Please fix!

[Post New]by riches2b on Feb 21, 17 4:57 PM
babs0258 wrote:Using Windows 7. Missing piece of door knocker. It is not available to get from anywhere! All pieces taken from fountain. Cannot return to fountain, so I know I got all of them. Please fix!

ditto, is there a work around? can't go any further!

update: missing piece finally showed up after a few tries.

Edited on 02/23/2017 at 3:42:13 PM PST

Ajae
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Ajae on Jun 8, 17 10:34 PM
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried the update as shown in previous discussions, didn't help. Game just doesn't open. This is not the only game doing this people. I've purchased many, many games and would continue to but not until this is corrected. I'm wasting money buying games I cannot play!

Not good. Please correct this.

[Post New]by melvinaru on Sep 24, 17 5:35 PM
Cannot run game using PC windows 10 getting Error: Access violation how do I fix this I have Directx 12. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and game manager still no joy. Help Please

Go to: