Re:Post any It's all about masks technical issues here only

[Post New]by holmstroki on Mar 16, 10 10:45 AM
I have purchased the game and I am enjoying it. However i am in a room and its asking for a broom and I use the hint and it shows me where, but I cant pick it up PLEASE HELP I would like to countinue playing!!!

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Mar 16, 10 2:40 PM
Thanks so much, Masanders. Your advice re placing masks worked and I finished the game!

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Mar 16, 10 9:30 PM
holmstroki wrote:I have purchased the game and I am enjoying it. However i am in a room and its asking for a broom and I use the hint and it shows me where, but I cant pick it up PLEASE HELP I would like to countinue playing!!!

I kept clicking on the handle and couldn't pick it up until I clicked on the bottom part of the broom.

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by athene72 on Mar 18, 10 10:04 AM
Same here, crashed on the ship level when I went to open box, also using windows xp with new system and high end graphics and drivers

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Mar 18, 10 12:40 PM
I have Windows 7 and this game will not install at all. The Windows 7 Compatibility Manager can't fix it either. No game for me. It's kind of sad because I bought a new system so that more of the games would run for me. This is the only one that won't run on Windows 7. It sounds like this game is too cantankerous and maybe you should have withheld the release until more of the bugs were fixed.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 18, 10 9:07 PM
I had tried to place the mask as you said and it just didn't work. However, I just went back in and tried again and this time it continued on, so I was able to finish the game after all. Wasn't the best game I have ever played, but the story line was interesting.

blm50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by blm50 on Mar 19, 10 2:54 PM
I cannot get through the fish dice game without it freezing. I downloaded the updated game and it still freezes. Makes me sorry I purchased this game!!!

findlaybears
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by findlaybears on Mar 19, 10 10:46 PM
I didn't have any issues or problems with this game until after I installed an update for it today (which I now regret installing). Now, the game won't even start. All I get is an error message that says:

Error: Unsupported videocard.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game but nothing works. All my drivers are updated. I have Windows Vista.

Did anyone else have this problem?

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cateyes51 on Mar 20, 10 6:25 AM
I downloaded the update and like findlaybears I also have gotten... error: unsupported videocard... was working just fine before the update. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and the same problem. Anyone have an answer since I was really enjoying playing the game.

msdrake
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by msdrake on Mar 20, 10 10:21 AM
Ok just ran the update but it is still frozen when I try to pass out the masks. Do I have to start it all over (the game) again?

[Post New]by TexasRed79109 on Mar 20, 10 2:18 PM
The second time I tried to go through the game, the hints were disabled. I even tried making a new profile and still no hints. How can I reactivate the hints?

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Mar 20, 10 4:47 PM
I haven't had a chance to play the demo til today. Brought up my game manager, says an update is available so downloaded the update. Once the download was completed, says my trial was over ..

[Post New]by DrPatB on Mar 21, 10 6:15 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I had tried to place the mask as you said and it just didn't work. However, I just went back in and tried again and this time it continued on, so I was able to finish the game after all. Wasn't the best game I have ever played, but the story line was interesting.

[Post New]by DrPatB on Mar 21, 10 6:17 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I had tried to place the mask as you said and it just didn't work. However, I just went back in and tried again and this time it continued on, so I was able to finish the game after all. Wasn't the best game I have ever played, but the story line was interesting.

How did you place the mask's?I can'tgetrid ofthe dialogue box.

solara
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by solara on Mar 21, 10 11:08 AM
I downloaded game fine, but when I tried to play I get a message "unsupported videocard". I have windows 7. Glad I didn't buy before trying to play first.

duchesse67
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by duchesse67 on Mar 22, 10 1:47 AM
Masanders wrote:

I have good news!!! I went back into the game and it went to the (frozen) part where Mr. Cunning is supposed to hand out the masks. If you have Mr. Cunning highlighted in yellow, give him the correct mask. The game will proceed from suspect to suspect while he explains what happened during his investigation. The game is NOT frozen; it is waiting for you to take the correct step.

I was able to complete the game. (I feel rather foolish that I didn't figure it out before now, but I guess it's better late than never.) I hope this helps anyone who thinks their game is frozen at the "handing out the masks" point.

Thank you very much for your good news. I reported this as "glitch" by big fish, but is my own misunderstanding from that part of the game. I was able to finish the game!!!
Sorry Big Fish,

[Post New]by anne17821 on Mar 22, 10 8:13 AM
I was having the same problems as everyone else where a conversation box would pop up and it would be empty. I had to exit the game, come back in and play the same part again. Yesterday I downloaded the update and now I get an "Error: unsupported videocard". I am using Windows XP. I definitely will not purchase this game.

kadnk
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kadnk on Mar 22, 10 10:14 AM
I get the error Unsupported videocard

does anybody have a fix for that yet? or at least what video card am I supposed to have?

sammygram
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by sammygram on Mar 22, 10 11:14 AM
i also had trouble getting in said something abt video card never saw this b4

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 22, 10 11:33 AM
I had the issue with my mouse, that stuck to the box on the table, when this happened, I still had 50 minutes left on my trial version of the game, so I just used my escape botton, to get out of the game, and waited for an update from BF.

When BF sent the update, I downloaded it, and than didn't have any more issues, the game ran fine, and it still gave me the 50 minutes, I had left on the trial version.
I played the game all the way through, and am now finished, with no bugs/glitches found, so the update did correct any previous issues, I had.
I am running WindowsXP, and my DirectX is up to date, if this helps anyone still having issues.
Happy gaming everyone !!

Go to: