Game Reviews

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Game Reviews

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 14, 10 4:36 AM
Okay, after having played an hour after buying I'm only up to Chapter 12 (just starting) and there's actually 24! (there's a slider from the main menu that shows you all the chapters, and, I assume would let you replay any) So definitely a 3+ hour game for me! So with that, an a *very* amusing ride so far, I have no qualms at all giving this full Poodlebear Approval!

Gotta love those nutty Nevosoftians!

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Mar 14, 10 4:40 AM
i love this game it like christmasvilla and the magic acadamy games they are good i like how you have to find things this is abuy for me and also a good replay like the others hollywood secrets was like this and played that a lot just put in a diffrent name and you get diffrent **** to find you all besstan

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Mar 14, 10 4:46 AM
I really needed a new game today, after a very troublesome last 10 days with my BF account - and if I could have made a wish for a new game it would have been a new Nancy Drew or a new Nevosoft game to cheer me.
Purchased without trial and agree with the positive comments on the game aleady made

-gove

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Mar 14, 10 5:01 AM
First of all, I have to say thank you to everyone for their reviews! I looked at the screenshots and they looked terrible, but then I read all of the great reviews, which convinced me to try the game. I'm glad I did!

Like everyone has said, I really like that it's funny and sort of spooky at the same time. It's fun poking around all of the corners looking for the right objects. The characters are interesting and amusing. The puzzles, so far, have been fun. I like that there's a little bit of Treasure Seekers style gameplay thrown in.

I quite like this game, which surprised me. It's not amazing but it's fun and very entertaining!

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Mar 14, 10 5:05 AM
This one I pass on only saves at begining of chapters if you excit in middle of chapter you will have to do it over again puzzles I have found so far are to gainey

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 14, 10 5:31 AM
Well, I downloaded this game on my laptop and it crashed right at the start. Uninstalled, re-downloaded and the same happened. To see whether it was worth contacting CS I dowloaded it on DH's new desktop and WOW! I'd forgotten what it was like to play with a big, good-quality monitor!

So, I'll be buying this and he'll just have to work on his laptop for a couple of days!

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Mar 14, 10 5:55 AM
I can't remember when I've laughed while playing a game. A butler who rolls his eyes, straightens his bow ties with a certain elan, lets you fend for himself while he checks his e-mail-
a ghost dog who gets locked in the bathroom (can't he walk through walls??)
The plot thickens!!
I also like the fact you can click to your hearts content without your cursor going bananas-woo-hoo!

Edited on 03/14/2010 at 5:56:24 AM PST

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Mar 14, 10 6:09 AM
Like it so far and I've been "hungry" for a good interactive HOG that kept me interested.

Only downer is won't play full screen for me and I've tweaked everything I normally tweak to get full screen game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 14, 10 6:15 AM
Well I'm not into vampires or Draculas and sick of dark mysteries, so I passed right by the TGT game. Then I came here and it was the comments about whimzy, and fun stuff that won me over to try the demo. Bought it. I like it the way I loved Mishap: Accidental Haunting which I was about to replay for light entertainment. I like the British accents and dry humor too.

Now, for length, never that important to me, if 3 hours for you guys, figure 5 or 6 for me. I spent 40 min on 2 chapters and had to quit, these clickabillies are hard on my tendonitis in my wrist. Took a break and finished third chapter with 3 min left. Normally I avoid these that invite random clicks on every pixel searching for things, just tiresome. This game seems worth the pain but means just a few chapters and rest the old hand. First chapter took me longer as I didn't notice the arrow to look in another room til I gave up and took a hint. Once I got the hang of it I'm moving along faster. I don't mind opening drawers and moving things but not too much of it.

All in all, if as many chapters as earlier stated this should last me a couple nights. Was pleased I could do the minis so far, and didn't need many hints. I just wondered, how long does the average movie last in a theater? Been years since I went to one. But I figure any game over 2 hours or so is like a movie, like this with the video animations and dialogue, so for $6.99, make my own popcorn, pour a Coke and enjoy. Which is what I am doing, especially because I was getting worried there would be nothing I'd want to spend my free coupons from Feb on this month. So far, just this one and a DD.

Great game, great graphics on my Vista laptop 15.5 widescreen. Even like the music which is usually muted. btw I also loaded it on my pc with XP,and got an error, the one asking if you are on the internet duh, try again later. May be the traffic with server, waited awhile and it was in History to install. Seemed to run ok a few minutes to test but took forever to close, black screen then get game mg and desktop back. PC has just 512 RAM, min req for this game which is pushing it. No problems on the Vista laptop. So does take a lot of resources to run.

Thanks for the reviews, glad some of us are having FUN!

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Mar 14, 10 6:37 AM
IT'S A NEVOSOFT?!?!?! For me that is an automatic buy! I don't even have to demo it (also if it is Poodlebear & Puzzledone approved I automatically buy anyways).

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 14, 10 6:52 AM
One nice touch about this game is that the exterior of the building is closely modeled after the Carson mansion in California. Just Google for images for the Carson mansion and you'll see what I mean. I've admired the architecture of that building for over a decade now.

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Mar 14, 10 7:11 AM
I love this game. It made me laugh several times. Did anyone else think the main character kinda looked like Keanu Reeves? lol.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Mar 14, 10 7:21 AM
I beta'd this game and enjoyed it immensely! It's different (Nevosoft is so creative), quirky, and there's a great sense of humor along with varied game play.

Sold!

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Mar 14, 10 7:23 AM
Great review, puzzledone.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Mar 14, 10 7:38 AM
I have to agree, it is a pretty good game and a breath of fresh air from the hum drum same ole same old **** games. Storyline is interesting enough to keep you entertained throughout. Had a few problems with graphics in chapter 2 but I'm pretty sure it is my video card. Happy Sunday and happy gaming fellow fishies.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Mar 14, 10 7:40 AM
they starred out my reply..should have been hidden object (****)..don't know why

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Mar 14, 10 7:44 AM
KK, use HOG instead of just the first 2 initials. The system interprets those two letters as referring to someone who makes their living selling various types of personal entertainment, shall we say.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Mar 14, 10 8:01 AM
kamenye wrote:I love this game. It made me laugh several times. Did anyone else think the main character kinda looked like Keanu Reeves? lol.

Did you do the match puzzle to reveal pic?? I thought it looked like Johnny Depp from Sweeny Todd!"

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 14, 10 8:02 AM
Thanks, but everyone above my post said it all for me. I just bring up the rear with the other slowpokes trudging along and not get scared away

Had to take another break, no pain, just got the giggles (that's worth the fare for me). That one with 2 portraits of the old guys, both totally bizarre and task says find things unusual in these pictures!!! OMG the whole picture is unusual, both of them LMAO. (detective speak: Did you notice anything unusual??) Oh don't mind me, it just struck me so funny. Then I'm clicking at every inch of both portraits thinking you mean find the differences? and nothing is happening. Finally I look up at the top and there are shapes of things to look for, oh gee, thank you for the tip. Not much hand holding in this one, that should please the experts

(Sweeny Todd and Opera Curse will just have to wait til I get back, may be never, I'm having fun, hate work.)

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 14, 10 9:20 AM
Finally got my new computer, and just in time! This would never have played on my oldie. Poodlebear and puzzledone love it and I have NEVER gone wrong with their advise. Thanks also to amj and mintjulelip and the other fishies for their comments. Won't even wait for a credit, off to buy today.

Go to: