scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

Re:Post any Vampireville technical issues here only

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 15, 10 5:47 AM
BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

Scarlet is NOT amused when games mess w/ her pc!

The game played OK tho parts were slow loading. When trial ended, it simultaneously crashed Game Mgr (nothing but a blank white square), Windows Sidebar (blank white rectangle), & Windows Aero (half taskbar was Aero scheme, half Vista default, jittering at each other, I think default won). Got the BSD stating Windows is shutting down b/c of danger to your computer.

Don't even tell me I need to adjust my Vista settings merely to demo a game....how old of an OS is this already? I'm tired of running Dr Felix for tech issues only to have CS tell me there's nothing wrong w/ my pc & therefore whatcha gonna do. How about get better devs?

[Post New]by FrogSalad on Mar 15, 10 8:19 AM
HOGaddiction wrote:Minor Glitch....still playable

Chapter 13 - Big white block where tools should be when drying lab results had to work around it using the hints or collect all items before trying to dry lab results

Does anyone else have this problem

Yes, except I am unable to advance past this point whereas you said you're still able to play.

[Post New]by sweeswee2003 on Mar 15, 10 9:29 AM
Tussa1968 wrote:I am also having difficulty at chapter 15 cannot pick up the umbrella or the reel of film. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I love the game but get frustrated when things like this occur. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm also unable to proceed past this point. I've tried to replay the chapter several times, but as soon as it gets to the umbrella and reel of film, it's a no go zone.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 15, 10 10:59 AM
Tussa1968 wrote:I am also having difficulty at chapter 15 cannot pick up the umbrella or the reel of film. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I love the game but get frustrated when things like this occur. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello Tussa.

I've been having the same problem. clicked all over the umbrella and all that happened was that some objects which were TOTALLY hidden under it appeared and were removed from the list. These three items were the DOLL, KNIFE and TWEEZERS. So far no-one has suggested a solution, but I haven't gotten to the end of the posts yet. If I find out anything I'll get back to you. Good luck.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 15, 10 11:12 AM
Hey Folks,

It looks like some users are experiencing some graphics issues with this game. The error that occurs when the game appears to have an expired trial, or when the game shows that it's already running, could be an issue with an outdated graphics driver or DirectX. If you haven't already checked for updates, I'd highly suggest checking out the following help article and downloading any updates that are available while we look into this issue further.

Help My Games Run Correctly

If you're still experiencing an error or if this doesn't help, please don't hesitate to send an email to tech support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Mar 15, 10 4:29 PM
I am on Chapter 9, have found the matches and am trying to light the
three candles. Nothing I seem to do with the matches lights the candles.
There is a box behind the area but the matches will not light the candles to see them.
Looked at the walkthrough and that is the only box left? Help! I would like to
move on....

Catzen
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Catzen on Mar 15, 10 4:43 PM
I loaded the game, but when I try to start it, it immediately minimizes to the tray and won't come back up.

[Post New]by vickigatts11467 on Mar 15, 10 5:03 PM
The game loads and goes through the opening dialogue then locks up at the first hidden object scene. I've upgraded everything and no luck, any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer.

[Post New]by sweeswee2003 on Mar 15, 10 5:43 PM
Still no joy with removing the remaining items from the cardboard box, anyone else past this?

armorsarge
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by armorsarge on Mar 15, 10 8:39 PM
I got down to the basement, put the torch together- tells me I need a match to light the torch. I click on box of matches and nothing happens. Hint keeps going to the box of matches. I'm stuck in the basement. I'm afraid to buy this game with all the problems others are having.

[Post New]by Mandy150371 on Mar 16, 10 6:47 AM
I've got the same Chapter 15 problem emptying the box... I have the new Direct X ect so that cant be it... Hope there's an update soon so we can continue the game.

[Post New]by MikeDesert on Mar 16, 10 10:25 AM
Catzen wrote:I loaded the game, but when I try to start it, it immediately minimizes to the tray and won't come back up.

This is my problem too. It seems to be OK windowed, but trying to play it full screen it just minimizes to the tray. If I try to open it, the screen goes black for a sec, then it minimizes again.

Running Windows 7 64-bit. Asus notebook, integrated video, 3 gigs memory. Newish computer.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 16, 10 11:17 AM
troia45 wrote:I am on Chapter 9, have found the matches and am trying to light the
three candles. Nothing I seem to do with the matches lights the candles.
There is a box behind the area but the matches will not light the candles to see them.
Looked at the walkthrough and that is the only box left? Help! I would like to
move on....

Have you lit the match by "striking" the matchbox.

I had the same problem, but evenually "struck" the match. You may have to "remove" a match from the match box. (Why it took me so long to figure it out I don't know.)

smartsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by smartsue on Mar 16, 10 3:32 PM
I can't remove the umbrella or the film reel from the box in chapter 15. I've started over three times and have tried removing in different sequence but get stuck at the same place. When I hit Hint, the umbrella moves but still can't click to remove.

[Post New]by sanchinsheryl on Mar 16, 10 7:30 PM
My cursor would not select anything either. I had the same issue and I also noted the game loaded fine. Everything is fine until I get to the first task, putting the map back together. My cursor is unable to select anything. I used the hint just to make sure I was selecting the right item. I clicked all over to see if perhaps my screen resolution was off. Nothing. I even reloaded it to make sure it didn't have any issues with the download.

Tussa1968
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Tussa1968 on Mar 17, 10 5:28 AM
Helmaron wrote:

Hello Tussa.

I've been having the same problem. clicked all over the umbrella and all that happened was that some objects which were TOTALLY hidden under it appeared and were removed from the list. These three items were the DOLL, KNIFE and TWEEZERS. So far no-one has suggested a solution, but I haven't gotten to the end of the posts yet. If I find out anything I'll get back to you. Good luck.

[Post New]by gyzmolady on Mar 17, 10 5:41 AM
Tussa1968 wrote:
Helmaron wrote:

Hello Tussa.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 17, 10 11:00 AM
Marti0747 wrote:Chapter 4: I found all the pieces to the pully and hint says to check for changes in first room. The curtains will not open. the pully lowers rope when weight is added, but nothing happens. Please help!

Add the weight to the pulley. When yougo back throught to the first gallery the rope should be sparkling. click it to pull it.

(I thin there is now a walk through available on Big Fish.

sissylu419
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sissylu419 on Mar 17, 10 12:18 PM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

Scarlet is NOT amused when games mess w/ her pc!

The game played OK tho parts were slow loading. When trial ended, it simultaneously crashed Game Mgr (nothing but a blank white square), Windows Sidebar (blank white rectangle), & Windows Aero (half taskbar was Aero scheme, half Vista default, jittering at each other, I think default won). Got the BSD stating Windows is shutting down b/c of danger to your computer.

Don't even tell me I need to adjust my Vista settings merely to demo a game....how old of an OS is this already? I'm tired of running Dr Felix for tech issues only to have CS tell me there's nothing wrong w/ my pc & therefore whatcha gonna do. How about get better devs?

I am also getting the Blue Screen of Death. Already have the most current update of drivers and directx. Working with tech support, Dr. Felix, etc. and so far nothing is working. This looks like a game I would enjoy, and I hope this problem can be fixed! I've never had anything like this happen before. I think the developer needs to do a fix?

Edited on 03/17/2010 at 12:21:26 PM PST

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Mar 17, 10 2:02 PM
MikeDesert wrote:
Catzen wrote:I loaded the game, but when I try to start it, it immediately minimizes to the tray and won't come back up.

This is my problem too. It seems to be OK windowed, but trying to play it full screen it just minimizes to the tray. If I try to open it, the screen goes black for a sec, then it minimizes again.

Running Windows 7 64-bit. Asus notebook, integrated video, 3 gigs memory. Newish computer.

I had the same problem with a lot of games after upgrading to Windows 7 so I checked BFG Troubleshooting and found the following:

"While using Windows 7, my game frequently crashes or freezes. How do I fix this?

The Aero design is the default appearance setting for Windows 7. To improve the memory performance of your video card so that your game can function properly, you can easily disable Aero on your Windows 7 system and use an alternate appearance setting.

1. From your Windows 7 desktop, right-click your mouse and select Personalize.

2. A window will appear. Scroll down and select one of the Basic and High Contrast Themes.

By using one of the basic settings, you will free up video card memory to be used for your game.

3. Once complete, open and play your game. "

This process worked great!

P.S. You can change your appearance setting back after playing the game but the appearance setting will need to be changed each time you play any game that you have the same problem you mentioned above.

Go to: