Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by merifey on Sep 16, 16 8:42 PM
I managed to play through the whole game on casual mode, went back to play it in advanced mode, and then the game started getting glitchy. I started having trouble in the Horror Section where I would have a white background pop up on some of the HOGs but I could still finish them. Now I'm at the end of the Adventure section and have the maze where you're suppose to get the guy's head to the center by using the arrows to spin the maze. I can get him there but then nothing happens. I click the puzzle reset button and the guy kind of vibrates but the puzzle doesn't reset. I've exited out of the game as well as restarted my computer and all that does is reset the puzzle but does not fix the problem. I get the guy to the center of the maze and nothing. The next step is uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and hopefully that works but I am hoping that someone had something similar happen and figured out a way to fix it without losing all of their progress in the game.

UPDATE: I tried playing under a different profile as well as uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and had the same issues.

Edited on 09/19/2016 at 7:56:45 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SaskiaVV on Sep 16, 16 10:45 PM
I too am having problems with the tome puzzle in the Adventure section. On first triggering the puzzle, arrows appeared around the man figurine, but couldn't be toggled. I x'd out of the minigame, then opened it again, and this time no arrows appeared around the dude and nothing was clickable. At no point did the game reset/skip buttons appear or become active. I REEEAAALLLY don't want to uninstall and reinstall the game and play all the way through to this point again without knowing if it will even fix the bug...
I'm using Windows 10.

msilva731
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by msilva731 on Sep 18, 16 7:15 AM
Ditto..same problem with the stone tablet puzzle in adventure, first I had the arrows, then they disappeared so now cannot move one..running win10.

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Sep 18, 16 7:32 AM
Problems with stone tablet puzzle. No arrows at all!.Windows 7.

[Post New]by cookie1949 on Sep 18, 16 9:18 AM
I am also having trouble with stone tablet .Are you going to fix anytime soon????

[Post New]by sue63yuma on Sep 19, 16 5:31 AM
I am having the same problem with the tome puzzle in the jungle area as everyone else posting on here. I do not see any posts on how to fix it from Big Fish. Uninstalling does not fix the problem. If there is no "fix" then I would like my money back on this game so I can purchase one that works.

Sestra
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Sestra on Sep 20, 16 5:24 AM
Please add my name to the list of those unable to complete the stone tablet/tome mini game. Bearing in mind the number of us with the same problem, perhaps BF/devs could look to do something about it, other than to blithely suggest we reinstall and play with a different profile, as I do not consider this to be a satisfactory response when I have already invested so much time playing to this point.

I look forward to a response.

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Sep 22, 16 4:50 PM
Just playing the trial I had a glitch in the mansion - the envelope that's supposed to be in the box on the mantel next to the clock is missing. I'm running Windows 10. No buy for me, looks like too many glitches.

[Post New]by elbutters on Sep 25, 16 12:22 PM
I am playing the end of chapter 4 after using the flare gun. i am at the maze where you're suppose to get the guy's head to the center by using the arrows to spin the maze. I can get him there but then nothing happens. I use reset button and the guy kind of vibrates but the puzzle doesn't reset . There is also a problem with the skip button.
I have created different profiles and still can't get thru that scene. Have re installed the darn game and sill can't continue.

Please fix this problem or i want my money back.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 25, 16 1:57 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to provide your experiences here with this game. We certainly want everyone to enjoy their purchased games, and I apologize that this one has been giving some trouble.

Since it sounds like the Help Pages provided earlier were unable to assist or have been tried already, we would like to recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report these findings to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

if you receive an automated message in response to your request for assistance, please be sure to reply directly to it if it doesn't seem to help. We want to get help to you as quickly as possible, and sometimes we send an automated message that helps with most common situations. Thank you for your understanding.

Also, the Forum Moderation Team has been providing the information gathered here to the appropriate teams, but I am going to make sure to provide any recent additions as well as the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams.

Thank you all for your time and patience.

bfgIlinalta

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 29, 16 1:32 PM
Anyone else had problems getting the SKIP to work for puzzles?

I'm om the 3rd puzzle I cannot skip. I'm about to write to CS.

[Post New]by beverly2196 on Oct 2, 16 11:17 AM
swissmisscrys wrote:I am unable to move throughout my inventory. I cannot see all of the items

but if I click "hint" then it appears. PC/Windows 8

same here really a problem and one of my inventoy items are not ther

[Post New]by jlouise_biggs on Oct 2, 16 6:38 PM
The Bonus Game at the end of Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge will not load. It begins the cut scene and then cuts out . Of course I have the collector's edition. What's the story here?

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Oct 3, 16 2:52 AM
jlouise_biggs wrote:The Bonus Game at the end of Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge will not load. It begins the cut scene and then cuts out . Of course I have the collector's edition. What's the story here?

The best hope any of has for a real solution to these problems is to do what bfgllinalta suggested: run a Dr. Felix report after the glitch occurs and attach it to an inquiry to Customer Support. The only way the devs can possibly design an update to correct the problems is if they can examine the data to see what actually happened in each instance.

Let's all support the efforts of Customer Support and the devs.

[Post New]by sweetones2 on Oct 5, 16 4:21 PM
I too am having problems with the tome puzzle in the Adventure section. On first triggering the puzzle, arrows appeared around the man figurine, but couldn't be toggled. I backed out of the minigame, then opened it again, and this time no arrows appeared around the guy and nothing was clickable. It simply says 'nothing to do here' I sure don't want uninstall and reinstall the game and play all the way through to this point again without knowing if it will even fix it...
I'm using Windows 7.

[Post New]by phunnybunnie on Oct 6, 16 5:32 PM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to provide your experiences here with this game. We certainly want everyone to enjoy their purchased games, and I apologize that this one has been giving some trouble.

Since it sounds like the Help Pages provided earlier were unable to assist or have been tried already, we would like to recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. Our Reps can gather data on and report these findings to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

if you receive an automated message in response to your request for assistance, please be sure to reply directly to it if it doesn't seem to help. We want to get help to you as quickly as possible, and sometimes we send an automated message that helps with most common situations. Thank you for your understanding.

Also, the Forum Moderation Team has been providing the information gathered here to the appropriate teams, but I am going to make sure to provide any recent additions as well as the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams.

Thank you all for your time and patience.

bfgIlinalta

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Oct 15, 16 5:31 PM
problem as many others. puzzle in Adventure area. stone man and tomes puzzle.
you get ready to place once you've placed the figure and then it locks up the puzzle. and all area for hints say..nothing more here.....Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
I checked a BLOG walkthrough and it mentioned and Showed COINS in several of the areas that were with other things collected. There were NO COINS in ANY of those areas. I think that could be part of the problem but can't figure out why. Or why this was not fixed before!? Not Happy.live on a very very small fixed income..(ha ha..income. ha ha). BF is a Luxury for me. If there's not a fix soon for this...it will be the last game I get here. and I was so looking forward to the new MCF game..will miss it. It really is such a shame that you cannot actually reach a PERSON to speak to about these problems..you just get replies that generally don't address the issue. poor customer service. and I have just had enough. AND who wants to start this game over (it is not short)? This problem is quite a ways into the game. very sad testing.

Edited on 10/15/2016 at 5:32:35 PM PST

[Post New]by adventurenut on Oct 24, 16 11:50 AM
I have tried to report my problem, and waited several days for a response, but was directed round in circles. Basically, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has helped. The game flickers and the cursor is all over the place. If there is a generic problem, as seemed to be the case several years ago, shall I just wait for a communication when the problem has been fixed, or is there another course of action for me to take? Thank you

[Post New]by kats_42 on Oct 24, 16 11:26 PM
It wont let me play the puzzle with the stone figure and books, it just says nothing to do here ( or anywhere else ). I have tried reinstalling and looked at the guide but everything just tells me i need to play this puzzle to move forward. I have windows 10

[Post New]by waldopepr on Nov 16, 16 10:42 AM
At Chapter 4: Adventure World on the round maze that you have to move the head to the center it does nothing once the head is in the center. Won't let you skip it either. I went all the way through this once and it worked fine. Created a new profile and started again and it stops here.

Go to: