silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Good bye Tracy Hello White Wolf!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 18, 16 10:31 AM
I think there are a couple of things going on here.

The "I helped section" lists all the players you helped that have not sent the "Thank you". It only shows 5 at a time. But if someone you have helped that is not on the list will appear as soon as they send the thank you. Then the list will revert back until another sends a thank you.

Now due to a previous post it is feasible that the players don't realize (for whatever reason) that they need to click the machine after receiving help in order to activate (and in turn send the Thank you). So they end up leaving the machine to run without the reduced time. They don't realize that you need to leave the island and return in order to see that they actually have been helped, click to activate it, send the thank you.

Then there are those players (new to the game) that get to the point of requesting help, request the help, then abandon the game leaving the helper with a name in their lists they can't get rid of.

I think that if the developers could just alter the lists to show the "most recently helped first" would be more helpful. In other words instead of the list showing the first 5 helped that it would show the last 5 helped instead. I've had a player named "Sad Sack" on my list since the day I started playing this game and I'm now at level 70.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Sep 18, 16 10:59 AM
So, do you think the "I Helped" section shows the first 5 people you helped that haven't sent thanks? Yes, that would make sense.

silver_hawk wrote:I think that if the developers could just alter the lists to show the "most recently helped first" would be more helpful. In other words instead of the list showing the first 5 helped that it would show the last 5 helped instead.

Completely agree.

Why we would care who we haven't had a thanks from is beyond me. I'm not sitting here thinking, "Grrrr, X owes me 15 XP", plus we can't do anything about it, anyway. The last 5 people would be much better.

The "Helped Me" section is a bit odd too. I'm sure it doesn't show the 5 last people to help me, in the order they did.

Edited on 09/18/2016 at 11:05:17 AM PST

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Sep 19, 16 8:40 PM
The odd thing is when I visit White wolf's island the screen is centered on a cursed person (the one who would be de-cursed next), but it isn't possible to ask for help with a cursed person until they have been given mana and have started their de-cursing dance.

Then I remembered another bug, the one where the game doesn't save on exit. My guess is that White wolf did give that cursed person mana, then asked for help to speed the de-cursing, and then left the game before it auto-saved. The request for help had already been sent to the help notification program that tells other players when someone needs help. However, since White wolf's game was last saved before the cursed person in the game received mana, there is no way for anyone to give help, and so the help notification program is never told that help has been given.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 19, 16 9:09 PM
Interesting theory. Certainly Possible. It does make sense.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Sep 19, 16 10:06 PM
Makes perfect sense, HatesTimers.
I'm trying to remember if we had this issue prior to the saving bug.
I think we did, but I'm not entirely sure.

dancehawk
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by dancehawk on Sep 20, 16 11:49 AM
Yep we had tracy now it is white wolf over and over through out the day..lol

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 20, 16 12:11 PM
dancehawk wrote:Yep we had tracy now it is white wolf over and over through out the day..lol

I now have Running Cat

Grams4Ta
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by Grams4Ta on Sep 24, 16 10:38 AM
So, because I was somewhat bored as all my machines are going, my marketplace is full and I can't build until my magnificent bricks are ready...I went Island hopping and watched what happened with my "People I helped" section, and this is what happened.
The first time, I was able to help 3 people. They immediately showed up.
Two of them must have still been playing, as their little thank you scrolls showed up right away. When I clicked on the scrolls, one of the players disappeared right away, being replaced by a player I know hasn't played in awhile, as they've been on the same level for two weeks.
It is now rotating the names of 7 different players. I went to those islands and sure enough...you can see my player icon where I helped them. At least one of these is a daily player, who hasn't been on since I helped them, so I'm waiting to see what happens once I get their scroll.

medusa2468
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by medusa2468 on Sep 24, 16 12:46 PM
Disagree with Selendera, etc.

It was made clear by numerous folks that NO ONE was being picked on, and they were all talking about the ID that kept giving false requests for help - and the ID changing, etc.

Because it was ALREADY clear it wasn't a real person, no one was being picked on. So telling us to not pick on people was not relevant. I was trying to find out if I was misunderstanding something or if it was just that I disagreed, because perhaps I just didn't get it. But it appears I did not miss anything.

Being told to not pick on folks when that is what is happening - fine. Being told to not pick on folks when no one is being picked on - doesn't make sense - and it's relevant. And perhaps it's just me, but I don't like being told to stop doing something I'm not even guilty of doing. But whatever. I found out what I needed to know, I wasn't misunderstanding, so I'm done here. (And I DO appreciate the feedback from some of you even though I feel you're wrong on the why, in case I had misunderstood.)

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Sep 25, 16 1:51 AM
Generally, I 'm in favour of wilderness conservation but ... absolutely nothing can help White Wolf!

Go to: