el_gato
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by el_gato on Mar 19, 10 5:26 AM
Thanks for all the reviews. Can't wait to download I really hope I enjoy it.

Maybe not. Seems like alot of you are having glitches I think I will wait a few days and keep reading updates here. It looks like most don't like it though.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 5:56:32 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 19, 10 6:01 AM
Truly mixed feelings here. For the most part, it has amazing graphics; when a scene is blurry, it is for a desired effect. (The Cheshire Cat is a bit outlandish and menacing.) The update to the original story is quite imaginative, and the music is good. There is no timer, hints are unlimited (and recharge quickly), and there are no penalties for incorrect clicks. Dialogue is fairly minimal, and you can click through it at your own pace. A nice feature is that when you are looking for objects to use for an interactive scenario, it indicates which items can be found in your present location; and as you change locations, the objects to be found there will be indicated. Now for the less-than-stellar qualities: there is a definite lack of imagination and creativity in the area of mini-games: how many times do the developers expect players to find "arrange the gears" or "find the differences" puzzles exciting?! At the end of the demo; I was well into Chapter Six, putting me about halfway. I won't be buying this; at least for now.

P. S. If you are someone with a sensitivity to flashing lights, you might want to take a pass on this. There are scenes where lightning flashes frequently and rather brightly.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 12:14:59 PM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Mar 19, 10 6:13 AM
Total disappointment and much too short.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 19, 10 6:18 AM
I like and enjoyed the demo however I agree with thistle809 about the mini-games. Too many rearrange the gears and find the differences. I always skip the gears mini-puzzles. I find them annoying

There are 7 Chapters. I made it half-way through Chapter 4 before my hour demo was up. Because it is a short game, I'll buy when it's a DD.

MistyDale
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MistyDale on Mar 19, 10 6:28 AM
I noticed that several people have had issues with the cellar. Once I clicked on the glowing area in the cellar where the feet appeared it added a list of lantern parts to my bar at the bottom. Once I found those and used the lantern where the hand appeared, I had to click on the glowing area in the center of the cellar again and heard the girl under the floor. Then I had to find a crowbar to lift the boards.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 19, 10 6:28 AM
Faylyn wrote:I like and enjoyed the demo however I agree with thistle809 about the mini-games. Too many rearrange the gears and find the differences. I always skip the gears mini-puzzles. I find them annoying

There are 7 Chapters. I made it half-way through Chapter 4 before my hour demo was up. Because it is a short game, I'll buy when it's a DD.

If you check the walkthrough, you will find that it has twelve chapters: the walkthrough is only complete through Chapter Seven, at the moment.

MistyDale
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MistyDale on Mar 19, 10 6:40 AM
Also wanted to clarify on the length. The game is actually 12 chapters long. Big Fish only has the first few covered in there walk through because they wanted to get the game out quickly. They are still working to finish the rest. Also some chapters are longer than others. Hope this helps some people on deciding if it is worth the time and credit.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Mar 19, 10 6:46 AM
I could only stand to play 15 minutes of the trial. The constant flashing of lightning aggravated my vertigo. I turned the music off before I even began to play-it set my teeth on edge. The cursor was sluggish and the artwork, while beautiful, was far too busy. I had trouble finding the options, menu, play buttons through all the frou frou. Like many previous posters, I wanted to like this game as it showed promise. However, I'm going to pass and give a

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Mar 19, 10 6:50 AM
I'm with some of the others on this one: mixed feelings. I made it to level 8 on my hour demo. I didn't whiz through it or skip mini games, just straight play and I didn't encounter anything that held me up. As someone else said, I was excited about this game with the Alice in Wonderland release at the theatres and all but to me this game fell short of satisfaction for me. There is alot of moving back and forth the hint system does recharge quickly but it is non-specific sometimes, not really 'highlighting' what you need. The music is nothing short of hypnotic. It is really really bad. The graphics are for the most part beautifully done and the characters are fitting for the 'mood' of this game. I left my hour demo feeling I guess the word is depressed......that is the feel I took from this game.

All this being said, the fact that I made it through level 8 and there are only 12 chapters I have been told makes this a pretty short game for me. I don't care what's on the other side of that door..so to speak..and have no desire to progress. What a huge disappointment.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 19, 10 6:56 AM
MistyDale wrote:I noticed that several people have had issues with the cellar. Once I clicked on the glowing area in the cellar where the feet appeared it added a list of lantern parts to my bar at the bottom.

Yeah, about that....the "feet" do not appear. Ever. I can barely make out a hole in the floor with a bunch of gears stashed in it, but it's not clickable. I "found" the crowbar, lantern, oil, matches etc. before I even tried the cellar (not that I was able to collect them or anything).

Too bad, I was gonna buy but won't.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 19, 10 7:15 AM
I thought I had glitches, then realised I just wasn't looking hard enough at what I was supposed to be doing!
I finished the game with no technical issues at all, which makes a change as I quite often do have problems with custom cursors etc.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for all the reviews. Can't wait to download I really hope I enjoy it.

Maybe not. Seems like alot of you are having glitches I think I will wait a few days and keep reading updates here. It looks like most don't like it though.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 19, 10 7:20 AM
You may have a glitch, but things aren't 'clickable' until you've completed some other tasks. The gear thing only comes in to play after you've completed the other tasks first. If you need help I found the hint system very good. If you're in the wrong place you'll see little feet showing you where to go, saving you having to wait for it to recharge.
It took me 3 hours to complete with only the cog games and most of the dialogue skipped.

I noticed that several people have had issues with the cellar. Once I clicked on the glowing area in the cellar where the feet appeared it added a list of lantern parts to my bar at the bottom.

Yeah, about that....the "feet" do not appear. Ever. I can barely make out a hole in the floor with a bunch of gears stashed in it, but it's not clickable. I "found" the crowbar, lantern, oil, matches etc. before I even tried the cellar (not that I was able to collect them or anything).

Too bad, I was gonna buy but won't.

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Mar 19, 10 7:20 AM
I was looking forward to this game but it's a disappointment. I thought it was very boring. Plus, ANY game that has "find the difference" puzzles is a big NO for me. I hate them and feel its a true lack of creativity and imagination. Also I hate when a games hint system shows you a great big circle of where you "might" find the item. Sorry, but this game just doesn't measure up to the great games we prefer.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 19, 10 7:32 AM
The "glitch" is obviously a video card/driver issue, one that I can't upgrade, and I'm certainly not going to buy a new video card to play maybe 2 games out of a million that have higher performance issues.

Once again, the rabbit feet or footprints being referred to in other posts do not show up for me, and I think for some other people here as well. If those feet don't appear, end of game. I wish developers would stop trying to push Windows 9 technology on the public as if it's chic or something. Most people still have older PCs with XP and DX9c on them.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Mar 19, 10 7:36 AM
I had one technical issue with loading and played it anyway. The game is beautiful! It reminds me of "Drawn". It is a little clunky, with finding things and manuvering around but I worked it out. I got as far as the first gear puzzle when my time ran out. I'm slow! LOL I might not buy right now but I would say it is a buy because it is fun.
Nana

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Mar 19, 10 7:39 AM
Is the default for this game "Welcome Rachael" ?

That kind of freaked me out. It's bad enough when they have MY name in there but who's Rachael?

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Mar 19, 10 7:41 AM
Diana_Mc wrote:Is the default for this game "Welcome Rachael" ?

That kind of freaked me out. It's bad enough when they have MY name in there but who's Rachael?

LOL I deleted Rachael...I thought I got a used copy...LOL

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Mar 19, 10 7:46 AM
I made it through 16 minutes of the demo and then quit. That flashing lightning and the fuzzy graphics gave me a headache. I really wanted to buy this one, but it's a no go here. The music doesn't matter to me because the first thing I do is turn it off. Maybe it gets better, but I'm not willing to wade through to see.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 19, 10 8:10 AM
I got as far as getting the door put back together and heating the fire key but I can't get that key to go into the top lock and the game won't let me do anything else until I do. Plus, like others have said, this game could have been great but it hasn't got any good puzzles and the thunder really does start to annoy me after a time. I won't be buying this game.

kimbacat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kimbacat on Mar 19, 10 8:21 AM
I finished chapter 7 in the demo time. ****'s were pretty easy even with bad graphics and puzzles were too basic. on the slider puzzle, I had a heck of a time getting one of the tiles to stay put, kept moving even after I clicked it into place. the gear puzzles were annoying because you had to be exact to pick them up and they didn't really mesh correctly. even when I created a new profile, I was still "rachael". so, a no-go for me.

Go to: