p7284
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

The Cellar - no task to be found

[Post New]by p7284 on Mar 20, 10 1:06 PM
JessF wrote:While I found the fuzzy graphics on the 'find the difference' game I was enjoying this till I got to the cellar.

No matter where I click, I get no response. I've tried hints, read the walkthrough and clicked just about everywhere. Others are having this problem so I thought I'd start a thread in hopes BFG will read it.

I'd contact CS but a) it is the weekend and b) I'll be told it's my system and I need to upgrade.
My choice when faced with issues like this is just not to buy unless it gets fixed.

A shame - I would have bought this.

p7284
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:The Cellar - no task to be found

[Post New]by p7284 on Mar 20, 10 1:08 PM
I really want to play this game but I too cannot get anywhere with the cellar. I have clicked all over the screen and it just won't open. I will Uninstall this game and re-install with the hopes that it will work. If not please do something about it

Reset
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Reset on Mar 20, 10 1:16 PM
I too am having this problem and agree that not all these people would have to update/upgrade their systems. Also the game would not play at all if you needed a new video card not just in some places. Guess they didn't check for the bugs before they released it to the public.

[Post New]by jsears on Mar 20, 10 2:03 PM
This game is not worth the effort. No task to be found in the cellar. I uninstalled it to free up the space. Too many other games out there that work.

GillyAlice
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by GillyAlice on Mar 20, 10 7:45 PM
I'm not glad that others are having the same problems as I am . However I am relieved that I am not alone in this . With an older pc and money too tight for upgrades, why should we have to suffer for our obsessions. Are the game programmers living in a different universe to the rest of us? One were there are never recessions and job losses? Oh well , we can only hope they come into the real world once in a while

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 20, 10 7:48 PM
I have a pretty outdated computer, but I had no problem in the cellar.

I entered the cellar and clicked to continue on, to be told it was too dark. I had to go back and find pieces of the lamp.

Once done, I could proceed to see the cellar planks. When I clicked, it said I needed something to pry them up, then I could go back and get the pry bar.

I am running XP. I wonder if that makes a difference.

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Mar 20, 10 9:42 PM
I am running XP and am having the same problem .. clicked all over the screen not just the top and no task .. since you have to trigger the task before you can pick up items ... you are stuck ..

klby
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by klby on Mar 20, 10 11:20 PM
I also had the problem in the cellar. too bad , I saw the film and loved it. the game isn't working. I would have bought this one.

[Post New]by last4ever on Mar 20, 10 11:41 PM
ditto

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by jscrafts on Mar 21, 10 12:37 AM
I too am having a problem with the cellar. If can't be everyone's computer with outdated drivers. I just had a new video card with updated drivers put into mine because mine gave out on me the other day. And since I have had to put my membership on hold due to being short on funds, I guess I'm out of luck in getting support help. Does seem like it would be fun game but I'm still going to keep my credit

LinaJules
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LinaJules on Mar 21, 10 11:55 AM
I had the same problem. All of my cards are up to date as well. It's interesting how some have no problems and others do. I am also running XP as well. I double checked my firewalls etc. One thing I didn't do was download with my antivirus off. I then will turn it back on after download is done. I will try that and let you know if that worked or not.

LinaJules
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LinaJules on Mar 21, 10 12:52 PM
LinaJules wrote:I had the same problem. All of my cards are up to date as well. It's interesting how some have no problems and others do. I am also running XP as well. I double checked my firewalls etc. One thing I didn't do was download with my antivirus off. I then will turn it back on after download is done. I will try that and let you know if that worked or not.

Well, downloaded game again with antivirus off and firewall off as well, still made no difference. Have no clue what the problem would be but I do know it isn't on my end. Everything is up to date on my system. Too bad, it is something with the game; again interesting that some have no problem and others do.

[Post New]by Parudice on Mar 21, 10 1:48 PM
Having the same problem- shame cause I would have probably bought this one. I hope they get it fixed soon.

[Post New]by BrokenWolf518 on Mar 21, 10 2:47 PM
I have to say that I am so disappointed again. My problem is the same as everyone else's. The cellar. It's not my PC. It's the game. There is nothing I can do down there except click til the cows come home and nothing happens. I buy games that I like as I'm sure many of you do also. I was considering buying this one. No way. Too bad because I was really enjoying it. Our membership costs enough to ensure that we should be able to try a game before purchasing. Bummer

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 21, 10 3:13 PM
Have any of you contacted or a moderator with a link to this thread? Perhaps the mods can help escalate the problem.

And jscrafts, you don't have to have an active membership to get customer service help - it's just that you don't get the live chat CS. E-mailing them works beautifully, and they work hard for all customers of , regardless of whether or not they're on the paying membership

[Post New]by GottaBeMe2 on Mar 21, 10 5:45 PM
I was one of the beta testers for Merscom on this game. I told them the game was fuzzy, the screens were dark, and parts of the game didn't work. So, I'm not surprised that the final product is this mess!! Don't buy this game. Merscom should be ashamed for putting this crap out!! I also could find no tasks and could not click on the lamp or the crowbar or anything.

LinaJules
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LinaJules on Mar 21, 10 10:25 PM
genkicoll wrote:Have any of you contacted or a moderator with a link to this thread? Perhaps the mods can help escalate the problem.

And jscrafts, you don't have to have an active membership to get customer service help - it's just that you don't get the live chat CS. E-mailing them works beautifully, and they work hard for all customers of , regardless of whether or not they're on the paying membership

Someone already did and you can see the response that individual got; it is on the first page of comments. Suggested to upgrade Direct X and a few other things. So, I know my system is up to date and there really shouldn't be any problem. I don't have any other problems with any of the other games on here or elsewhere. What is interesting is that the problem is in the same spot..."the cellar".

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Mar 22, 10 7:05 AM
They are working on a solution for the problem in the cellar. Hopefully a fix will be available soon.

Thanks,

Margie B

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Mar 22, 10 12:33 PM
Sort of glad to see I'm not alone on this issue. The more the merrier.

Hope they smooth it out soon. The game looks really interesting.

[Post New]by simba692 on Mar 22, 10 7:19 PM
I had the same problem so I updated my computer to the latest stuff, but that didnt work. So then I restarted my computer but that didnt make a difference. Then, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it... still nothing. I tried creating another profile and it still didn't give me a task. So I just think its a glitch in the game and I am definately not gonna get this until it is fixed. Usually I wouldn't try all this stuff to get a game to work but I was really interested in this one. Its a shame because I don't want it anymore.

Go to: