angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 18, 16 7:02 AM
The map did stop working briefly; not sure where I was but might have been the dining room. Several scenes went past and still no map; I quit the game and went back in to no avail (this is in the full game, not the demo).

However all of a sudden the map came back! Maybe it was meant to not work for a while? I don't know but it came back and worked perfectly to the end of the game.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Sep 18, 16 8:31 AM
OK.. 2nd post. My map finally started working again. I saved Maggie and put her on the couch - now I have to fight the skeleton guy in Lucien's room. All of a sudden, the screen froze and nothing worked. I had to ctrl/alt/del to get out... tried to go back into game and play and now I cannot even get back in.. all I get is a black screen with the cursor. ???????????
UPDATE: I re-started my computer and was able to finish the game. I did not play the bonus chapter yet.

Edited on 09/19/2016 at 4:15:54 PM PST

[Post New]by IndigoStars on Sep 19, 16 11:44 PM
I had just placed the small axe in the armory when the game froze. I could move the cursor but couldn't click on anything. I used ctl-alt-del to close the game. When I went back in it said my profile had been corrupted and was reset. This meant I had to start again from the beginning! I'm using Windows 10

I also had issues with the map as it stopped working for a while.

Edited on 09/19/2016 at 11:45:35 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 20, 16 11:49 AM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report your technical issues here. The first thing we recommend when encountering technical issues is to take a look through our Help Pages as they are generally the quickest way to resolve tech trouble with one of our games.

If you are on Windows 10 and are seeing trouble with this game, this page may assist with that:

Windows 10

If you are on a Windows PC but are not running Windows 10, this article may help with any crashes or freezing you are experiencing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are seeing an issue with the map, or another issue not helped with the articles above, or if you'd like to receive personalized assistance, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgIlinalta

smce
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by smce on Sep 22, 16 8:25 AM
I am also having trouble with the map. It just stopped working. Initially I also thought it may have been because I was locked in a room but I have moved past that and still no map. Frustrating.

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Sep 27, 16 7:55 PM
can't pick up the skull amulet. It disappears. I can click on a part of the scene and it appears again but will disappear each time I try to pick it up. If I don't pick it up, it moves with me to the next scene.

Hope there is a fix for this one. I really like this game.

Edited on 09/27/2016 at 7:56:42 PM PST

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Sep 28, 16 6:05 AM
Kirland wrote:can't pick up the skull amulet. It disappears. I can click on a part of the scene and it appears again but will disappear each time I try to pick it up. If I don't pick it up, it moves with me to the next scene.

Hope there is a fix for this one. I really like this game.

I picked up the skull amulet but it does not show up in my inventory!! Now I cant go further. HELP!

[Post New]by scamp69 on Oct 10, 16 6:57 AM
I see other people are having the same trouble. I'm about half way through the game and the MAP doesn't work any more. I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE HINT. I want the map to work. OK, Elephant - please fix this or I will have to uninstall.

[Post New]by Peanut1215 on Nov 3, 16 11:57 AM
I had the same problem with the flashlight. If you don't pick it up when you pick up the drill, the game is completely stuck. I cannot go any further. Please try to fix the bug so that you can go back and get the flashlight.

[Post New]by alsandor on Nov 7, 16 1:20 PM
Re; the skull amulet. It disappeared a number of times but I finally decided to stop the game and restart. I found it in my inventory upon my return.

[Post New]by bluemli69 on Nov 16, 16 12:22 PM
scpotamus wrote:If you don't pick up the flashlight after using it and you finish with the chair, you cannot get it anymore and you cannot continue the game. I tried quitting game and going back in...still can't get it. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still cannot get the flashlight. This really needs to be addressed. You cannot proceed with the game if you don't pick it up.

I really like the game, so I hope this will be fixed!

Same

[Post New]by brophyer2 on Dec 15, 16 6:43 AM
I am having the same problem with the flashlight. Is there anything to fix it other than starting the whole game over?

[Post New]by sp1ngl3s on May 18, 17 11:50 AM
I purchased three games on 5/13/17 Haunted Hotel Silent Waters and The Axiom Butcher along with Labyrinth of the World The Devil's Tower. I also purchased today Bonfire Stories the Faceless Gravedigger.
I am unable to open either of the Haunted Hotel games or Bonfire Stories, with the Haunted Hotel I get the following error message Error Access violation at 0x004B938D (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.
Bonfire Stories when I click on it to open I get a black page that does nothing.

I use a PC and Window10
I have tried to go to your help pages but get an error message there saying it is not available.
Please can you help?

[Post New]by sp1ngl3s on May 25, 17 8:24 AM
HI I haven't heard from you regarding my post May 18, I did get an update for the devils tower but it hasn't made any difference when I try to open it I just get a black screen. If you cannot repair the issues I have would you refund me three games and I can download ones that do work. Many thanks Spingles. PC Windows10

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Aug 9, 17 5:28 AM
Tried to replay this game today and now it won't open at all, just get a access violation!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 9, 17 7:38 AM
@scpotamus

Possible fix.
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This series is one that is known to experience this problem so there is a good likelihood that this is the issue you are experiencing.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

Good luck.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Oct 15, 17 9:03 PM
Chapter 4 and I'm in the grave yard. The ghost said something and it froze. I have my task manager stop the game to exit, then restart and I have a message over my profile name. It said "Your profile data became corrupted and was reset OK" Now it's at the beginning again. I noticed my map also stopped working around the dining room.
Windows 10.

[Post New]by Cretian on Oct 20, 17 4:56 AM
I am almost at the end of this game but unfortunately only have two of the three flags required to move the game on. Despite efforts and checking with a game walkthrough there appears to be no way of locating the third flag so I cant finish the game. also noticed I am not playing the collectors edition which was disappointing...my mistake but suspect it would have enhanced the game. windows 10

Go to: