norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

Re:Money, money, MONEY!

[Post New]by norry6 on Sep 20, 16 11:24 AM
Desertdruid wrote:
norry6 wrote:
I also took one of my second games to level 23 where I could craft Ancestors Spirits to gift my main game daily. That really helped.

Norry, that is brilliant! I wish I'd known to do that back when I was at that level.

Sometimes I wish I could start over, just so I could do it differently & take advantage of opportunities like that. I've learned so much the hard way.

I can't take all the credit. The game was opened specifically to help the Consortium and a friend explained about picking somewhere to stop and not completing the quest.

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Sep 20, 16 4:11 PM
Desertdruid wrote:
norry6 wrote:
I also took one of my second games to level 23 where I could craft Ancestors Spirits to gift my main game daily. That really helped.

Norry, that is brilliant! I wish I'd known to do that back when I was at that level.

Sometimes I wish I could start over, just so I could do it differently & take advantage of opportunities like that. I've learned so much the hard way.

I did get the opportunity to start over when I lost my computer and my first game. It was the best thing that ever happened as I have played the new game so differently because of what I knew.

The old game struggled for money, diamonds, stamps, everything. In the new game I have over a million coins, 800+ diamonds and plenty of stamps.

The difference was doing the rounds. Every single time, you have to do all the HOS. Never just go in and play the HOS required for a quest. Do them all. Collect those morphing flowers - three in each room. Don't be in a hurry, and take a break from quests occasionally to put back the money you have spent. This is the way to build up a healthy Castle bank balance.

[Post New]by lilredhood on Sep 20, 16 7:45 PM
I can agree with all of the above. I started playing the game on android then stopped at level 38 when the game stopped there and went to playing on pc to continue with the game. now that the game is all the way caught up with where the pc game is I am back to playing on my tablet again. I play each round of hos each time I play the game to get my coins up and do the quests that I can. when I get to a point where I need to get up a bunch I money to get ahead I take a break and don't do any quests until I reach a certain amount then start the quests again. so far it has worked to keep me ahead and I don't feel like I am constantly broke. I don't have the luxury of having more than one game on there so I am having to plow through without the help of feeder games.

it does help now that pets will give you the items that you need for making items. when I have the food to feed them I use that option to get ahead. it helps when you need to open a new area and don't have the gold readily available to open it up. you can get the item from feeding your pet and bypass having to open the area until you have the cash to open the area.
lrh out

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 20, 16 9:40 PM
This is my strategy. I hope it helps you.

Periodically, you will get a quest to craft something that sells for 1,000 or more coin than it cost you to make. When I get these quests, I stop advancing the game, and I just make the item, sell, make, sell etc. until I get enough coin or I'm running too low on the stamps needed to craft them. The items I do this on are the following:

Artifact of Infinity
Bemusing Potion (only if I'm desperate as the profit is low)
Celestial Hunter (be careful of using unique stamps)
Chastening Powder
Horn of Ancestry
Mechanical Heart (my favorite)
Monster of the Dawn
Sign of Ferocity

Ancestor's Spirit is one I save should I totally run out of coin. It doesn't cost anything to craft and the drop items are common. But it also uses unique stamps which I won't let drop below 100. At one time I had run out of them even though I had never used them to craft for profit. Thanks to some very kind friends, I was able to save up.

On the challenge before this one, I was about level 24 when the Mechanical Heart came up as a quest. I quit leveling & just continued to make & sell it. I did that for about 2 weeks, ending up with over 400,000 coin. Lucky for me, it came up again at level 42 when I had almost depleted all my coin. Which is where I am at now. But this time I am better prepared as I had put up the green stamp, then the white stamp on my wish list to build up a stock so I had plenty to enable me to craft to my heart's content. I was at about 42,000 coin, can so far I am now at 306,000 in just less than a week.

I think it's important to stop leveling when these items come up. As I'm crafting them, I'm continuing to make the hos rounds. But I tell you, it's certainly more profitable to stop at these key items to build up coin than it is to stop because you have no coin & now must only do hos to get the thousands of coin needed.

Best of luck to you,

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 20, 16 11:22 PM
The two points to watch before crafting these items for profit: the more important one is the level of your unique stamps. If it drops below say 10 then the supply will almost dry up.
The other is your use of diamonds. You can get through them very quickly if you do not have all the items required to craft.
For example when crafting the Mechanical Heart you need a Hyena's Chain which does not drop from the HOS very often. But is costs 16 diamonds to get one. Ten Mechanical Hearts = 160 diamonds!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 21, 16 7:36 AM
The Hyena's Chain comes from the Harp in Blossoms, so it takes both a Polestar & a Seed of Life, both of which can get rare as hen's teeth. And if you do manage to get them, there's a strong chance the Harp won't give you the Chain! So the Heart can be quite difficult to craft if you do NOT have an open quest requiring it.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 21, 16 10:40 AM
I agree the components for mechanical heart can be a bugger to get from the zz's. That's why I wait until it is a quest item, and then the drops become 100%. So when I get those items I listed for quest, that's when I stop to buy/sell to build up my coin. I just find trying to get hos/zz items to craft for profit too frustrating & time consuming without it being a quest. For me, it's better to stop leveling when I have a quest item that sells for a good amount. That being said, I never let unique stamps drop below 100. They're required too frequently & drop to poorly to take the risk in running out.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 21, 16 10:56 AM
That's a great plan, I wish I'd thought to do that eons ago! Oh well, live & learn (hopefully!)

For me, brown stamps didn't really start dropping until I had over 200 of them - maybe you should raise your threshold?

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 21, 16 11:03 AM
Good idea to increase it because it sure is a pain getting them. Thanks for the tip.

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Sep 21, 16 12:01 PM
In addition to what has been said here, I crafted items (some redeem for more than others) and would sell only one or sell an egg of a pet I had already crafted. Again I only sold one inventory item to move thorough an expensive spot. There is no need to buy gold, the game will provide everything except patience. Enjoy the journey.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 21, 16 12:33 PM
gtminer wrote:Good idea to increase it because it sure is a pain getting them. Thanks for the tip.

Oops!
As other members of the Forum know quite well, my math is not of the "top drawer".
I have erred by a factor of ten!! for "10 Unique stamps" - please read "100 Unique stamps"!!
I have tried several times to get my stamp levels to more than one thousand - no problem with the other three, but the unique stamps always elude me!

riddler01
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by riddler01 on Sep 21, 16 12:54 PM
Slow and patient is really the only way, not easy, but worth it! After waiting out the last update for millions of years, like every body else, I just went round and round, doing hos, and other events, I collected over $750,000.00, 400+ diamonds, literally hundreds of each stamp, etc. When the update came, I jumped on it like everybody else, and got to level 74, being a little more careful, and little wiser than before the update. Since then I have been doing the same and now have about $650,000.00, over 525 diamonds, hundreds of stamps again, and so on, I guess I will still do this until and if we get the next update, hopefully within the next 100 years

Riddler

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 21, 16 1:21 PM
So true Riddler. Often times it isn't the end of the journey that's exciting, but the journey it's self. I was sadden for all the max level players to have such a short expansion. It seems like most reached 74 within days. Perhaps that's why the dev's put in coin & shards in hos, to prevent obtaining, or at least making it harder, to collect a large inventory. If I ever hit max level, maybe that would be a good time to start a second game, assuming my hand still works.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 21, 16 2:08 PM
One other way to make money -- I sell my excess inventory. Some players aren't comfortable doing this, but I don't think I'll ever need more than 70 of any one item, and if I do, I will be getting more by doing HOS along the way. So I periodically sort my bag by number of an item owned, and sell anything over 70 of each item. I also sell my blue stamps -- for some reason, I always have way more of those than I do even the plain ones! I sell everything over 1,200 or 1,250 of the blue ones.

I have yet to run short on blood ruby necklaces and vampire hands and so forth by doing this. It would probably be safe to take it down to 60, but it's nice having a little reserve to sell in case I get desperate at some point.

Also, I'm going to see whether there's any reason to hang onto last year's seasonal stuff once the fall event begins -- I have something like 700 pumpkins, plus assorted candles and bat wings and a ton of Christmas stuff from last year. I've been using some of it to send gifts to people who didn't finish or missed out on the event, but no one has asked me for a pumpkin for a long time!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 21, 16 2:24 PM
Once in a blue moon I'll sell down inventory, but generally I save it for when I get hit with a big expenditure to cover.

For instance, I just got to the Dark Tower last week, so I stopped with the quests & just worked on earning the 61,000 coins I suddenly need to spend. I sold down my inventory items I had more than 120 of, like Squirrel Tails. Vampire Palms & Bloodred Ruby Necklaces & especially Harpy Feathers annoy me, so I sell them any time I've got more than 5.

I also have saved a lot of Halloween & Christmas items, but I do have friends asking for them, so I won't sell any of those until I know we're all done with them.

The other thing I can sell when I need to is stamps. I know I don't need over 3000 plain stamps or 2000 blue. It's just so tedious selling so many is all.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 21, 16 4:45 PM
Yes! And if you sell a bunch at once, that little animation showing the coins appearing and the stamps disappearing runs FOREVER.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Sep 28, 16 10:32 AM
Desertdruid wrote:
norry6 wrote:

Yeah, it is brilliant! I just don't have that kind of playing time; single income, self-employed here.

Go to: