Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by luv_my_bagel on Sep 21, 16 11:04 AM
I also have Windows 10 and am getting the access error when trying to start the game, but I have NO idea which folder or exe file I'm supposed to Run as Administrator as there are two folders, bfgbartb and bfgclient with several exe files. However, I have played MANY games just fine with Windows 10 so I'm rather skeptical about having to do this in the first place.

I will wait for an update before going in and changing settings on the computer that may cause an issue somewhere else.

BTW, I was able to play the beta version without any issues, so I'm thinking it's something to do with the game file.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by sambleben on Sep 22, 16 6:22 AM
Well i have just played the demmo with no problems.Then i bought the game , and
now i get access violation.

NOT COOL.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jannjones1 on Sep 22, 16 7:35 AM
I FOUND A SIMPLE WAY ON MY COMPUTER TO FIX ACCESS VIOLATION
WINDOWS 10

I tried following instructions to fix access violations......got no where.

This worked for me:

Right click on Queen's Quest 2 game icon on your desktop (the shortcut icon)

Little box will open. Click on properties

Another box will open with tabs across top.......click on Security Tab

Click on Administrators

Couldn't believe it worked!!

Edited on 09/22/2016 at 7:36:14 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 23, 16 8:36 AM
The only problem I had with this game is when fighting the General. The attack button disappeared and I could not win the game with only the block and shield bump action buttons. The skip button got me around the problem, but frustrating.
Using WIN 10

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Sep 23, 16 3:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been experiencing these technical issues in the game. When people are coming across problems like these we encourage taking a look at our help articles. I've gone ahead and included links to a couple below that can be useful for the different issues being discussed here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Windows 10

Additionally, the following help article has some specific information for resolving access violations:

Access Violation

If anyone experiences a tech issue that isn't responding to troubleshooting, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools needed to gather data on and report issues to the right team, and they're always happy to help provide in-depth support.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

bearnpie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bearnpie on Sep 24, 16 5:55 AM
jannjones1 wrote:I FOUND A SIMPLE WAY ON MY COMPUTER TO FIX ACCESS VIOLATION
WINDOWS 10

I tried following instructions to fix access violations......got no where.

This worked for me:

Right click on Queen's Quest 2 game icon on your desktop (the shortcut icon)

Little box will open. Click on properties

Another box will open with tabs across top.......click on Security Tab

Click on Administrators

Couldn't believe it worked!!

bearnpie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bearnpie on Sep 24, 16 5:57 AM
Jannjones1 you are my hero! Windows 10, laptop, after upgrade was having same access violation problem as others. Tried your fix and it worked beautifully. Thanks!

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Sep 26, 16 3:28 PM
minesita wrote:I'm having problems in the bonus chapter, almost at the end (at Ivy's house). I can't use the map and the hint is doing nothing.

I installed the game again with not luck.

Using W7 Premium, in One-in- all computer.

Same problem here ! Windows 10 laptop ! Got all the way through the game then went to bonus and cant get out of the house !

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Sep 27, 16 9:43 AM
elboranch wrote:
minesita wrote:I'm having problems in the bonus chapter, almost at the end (at Ivy's house). I can't use the map and the hint is doing nothing.

I installed the game again with not luck.

Using W7 Premium, in One-in- all computer.

Same problem here ! Windows 10 laptop ! Got all the way through the game then went to bonus and cant get out of the house !

Got the update, installed it ,and still cant get out of the house !?!?!?

sonvjj
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sonvjj on Sep 27, 16 11:36 AM
I installed the update and goy violation error 0x04940D50. I have windows 10 and the game will not even open. I own the game and played some of it, but now I can't even open it. sonvjj

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Sep 27, 16 5:50 PM
Well I installed the update and still couldnt get out of Ivy's house ! Then I turned off the computer , turned it back on and now I get the error violation warning ?? Come on Big Fish Whats up ???

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 28, 16 2:03 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for continuing to report technical issues found in this game here. We certainly want you to be able to enjoy the rest of your game and I can see that after installing the update, some players are still unable to progress. I apologize this is still happening. The first thing I want to do is try to resolve access violation errors that players are seeing, as this will be a good first step to trying to resolve the reported issue with the gear and Ivy's house in the Bonus chapter.

For Access Violation errors, the first thing we recommend is troubleshooting steps from our Help Pages found here:

Access Violation

It may also help, if after installing the update you cannot continue in the Bonus Chapter, to run the game as an Administrator. You can learn more about how to do that here:

Run Game as Administrator

If you have tried the above steps but those steps and the update didn't resolve the block in the Bonus chapter, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can look deeper into this issue, can provide extra troubleshooting beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 09/28/2016 at 2:04:16 PM PST

[Post New]by furrycreature on Sep 28, 16 10:23 PM
Game update just finished loading and now game won't run. Mac Mini OS 10.11.6 El capitan. The game worked prior to the game update.

jwock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jwock on Sep 30, 16 1:35 AM
Looks like a bug. I'm on OS Cap 11 El Capitan and i'm stuck in a loop. When I'm get to the door with magic, if I try to move back out it automatically brings up the potion cube, If I click out of the potion cube it automatically takes me back to the magic door. if I move back out of the magic door it automatically brings up the potion cube...and so on and so forth. There is no way for me to progress

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Sep 30, 16 8:18 AM
From the 37 minutes of play time, approximately 20 of those minutes were spent in a black screen just waiting for the new location to open. The longest time in the black screen was nearly 5 min. and that was just exiting. The shortest time was 2:13.

The other issue is that at the lily pad I received the berries. However, they were never placed in my inventory, so I can't even do the potion.

I'm running the latest version of Win10 on my laptop.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 1, 16 2:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to offer help for the technical issues people have been coming across in the game. For these issues I encourage taking a look at the steps in the help articles I've included below. They contain information specific for Mac computers and computers running Windows 10 respectively:

Mac Game Troubleshooting
Windows 10

When issues persist after trying the steps in our help articles, we strongly recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. The forums unfortunately don't support the tools needed to provide further troubleshooting. However, our Reps are able to offer customized assistance and are happy to help.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by bfgquestion on Oct 7, 16 3:46 PM
I get stuck on the second chapter. I can't open the lake location to get the pouch and to fill the bowl with water. I have re-installed the game, but that didn't solve the problem. Thanks for your reply.

Go to: