Re:Comments and Reviews for Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse

[Post New]by BloodSisters on Mar 20, 10 12:13 PM
nice game but way too short, did half of it in 60 min.

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Mar 20, 10 1:02 PM
Poodlebear, I have already bought 12 games this month and really didn't need to read such a good review of this game. Of course I HAD TO check it out after reading your comments and agree with others. great game. being Gemini; am fighting with myself to resist another purchase till next month. We will see which twin wins.

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Mar 20, 10 1:05 PM
Whoops that is actually 9 games but dark parrables counts for three to me

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Mar 20, 10 2:05 PM
I think this game was reviewed well already. This is ny 2c worth.

Glitches -none
Graphics superb
Story line - kept me interested
Puzzles - relativelly easy, but I enjoyed them

In short...spent a great afternoon.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 20, 10 2:52 PM
Yea! Another adventure game that has real possibilities! The voice overs are really good, but the graphics are mediocre... but most importantly the story is very intriguing. I'm really hooked, and just like Poodlebear, I was genuinely sorry the hour was over. It passed in the blink of an eye I was so engrossed in the game. For this one, I don't know how long it is and don't really care. I would hope for a long game because it is really good, but I just have to know how the story ends any way, short or long. This one is definitely a buy for me.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 20, 10 2:58 PM
Just looked at the walkthrough and I'm not even half way through on the demo. Oh goody, I know what I'm doing this afternoon!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 20, 10 3:23 PM
So far, I can't say I like this game much at all. I've only played just under ten minutes and I'm already stuck and clicking on the hint just takes me to another scene but there isn't any explanation of what to do. There are sparkles in areas but they seem a bit picky. You have to click exactly or else you're taken to another scene. I thought I might like the game when it first started because I thought the voice-overs were pretty good but after that, I lost interest pretty fast. Maybe, I'm doing something wrong but whatever the reason, I won't be buying this one-too frustrating for me!

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Mar 20, 10 3:41 PM
hmmmm, still undecided about whether to spend money on my credit card or wait to use a game credit. I guess Im being very spoiled. I just finished the demo and agree with most of the reviews. Although it is a bit sluggish for me, and basic clisk and point. Some scenes remind me of Escape Rooms games. The "retro graphic" didnt bother me. Actually this game reminded me of Annabel which I particulary enjoyed. However the puzzle here are not so much of a challenge and to be quite honest, got a little bit bored. Didnt use any hint but the Circuit panel, I definitely skipped. I will sleep on it and re-think about it in the morning. Have a good week-end to all. Cheers.

[Post New]by seaturtles on Mar 20, 10 4:06 PM
Oh but yes you do have something to compare it to. It is very much like Annabel
which was an awesome game but way tooooooo short. That is my fear about buying this game. Is it too short????

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 20, 10 4:17 PM
manysaying wrote:Poodlebear, I have already bought 12 games this month and really didn't need to read such a good review of this game. Of course I HAD TO check it out after reading your comments and agree with others. great game. being Gemini; am fighting with myself to resist another purchase till next month. We will see which twin wins.

Gemini here as well and silly girl, the eeeeevil twin always wins. She's soooo much more fun!

Oh, wanted to add a comment to something that others have said and I totally agree with and have been missing - I LOVE the looking in, behind, around of this game! It's like really being in an environment and looking for clues. How realistic (and therefore immersive) is it for everything to be this big ol' jumble of junk like most IHOGs are? I'd MUCH rather click on everything that is logical to click on and be rewarded with something than just stare at a screen until I see it in the pile. Things hidden behind bricks in old stone walls?!? GLEE! That's the old school adventure stuff I've missed, but am to lazy to do any more.

Edited on 03/20/2010 at 4:23:36 PM PST

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 20, 10 4:41 PM
This is a fun adventure game. THe kind where you are NOT running around for hours wondering what to do, but things make logical sense where you would look for things. Easy, but not so easy that it insults your intelligence! LOL! I was holding out for a pure IHOG but this is fun enough as an adventure game to suit my IHOG tastes!

churly72
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by churly72 on Mar 20, 10 5:00 PM
till half way it was a great game, than there was that error..end of the game for me.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 20, 10 5:09 PM
Poodlebear and manysaying, another gemini checking in here. No wonder
I have done so well following Poodlebear's reviews!

No credits in hand, but my "evil twin" wins. Off to buy, can't wait for the
credit.

As to my opinion on the game, just read "yourshannygirl", I couldn't have said it
better.

Joyce

Girldawn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Girldawn on Mar 20, 10 5:21 PM
Thanks to all you fish's for your comments and opinions. I too just finished the demo and was surprised how fast it went. I am totally hooked on Hidden Object, and am really impressed with how the game playing has improved in the last couple of years. My concern was how long it was and if it was worth a game credit. Now I'm thinking yeah! The things I liked: not too much dialog, and moving from room to room to find things and then returning to a certain room to solve a puzzle. What's really cool is my memory's not so sharp so I think I'll be able to play this over and over with the switch from casual to the more difficult play mode and it will be like a brand new
game ha-ha

Thanks again, Dawn

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Mar 20, 10 5:44 PM
I downloaded this game this morning during my lie in, expecting great things from the reviews - and was NOT disappointed! I started on easy and enjoyed getting the tips, sparkles etc to get me into the gameplay. I really found the guided tips bit useful in the first scene, finding the coins etc, and also leading me to the puzzles (which are a BIT too easy for my liking) - I would have been hanging around like a pork pie at a bar mitzvah (one of my dad's favourite sayings) else.

I just managed to get to the guest bedroom of Sir Slimey's mansion when who should pop into bed with me but my beloved 6 year old son - who promptly hogged the laptop and got himself to the next room, through the windows, without my help whilst I got dressed. Hmmm. He is a *bit* slower than me, so ran out the demo time whilst trying to find all the statues. He wanted me to buy the game, and I wanted to wait until my monthly credit comes through on the 28th, so we agreed that he could pay for it with the remainder of his birthday money (a pathetic £5 out of the £55 he had before he spent it all on DS games and Lego). Once activated, he played for another hour or so whilst I nipped out to collect my elder son from drama class - when I returned he seemed to have progressed a bit but was lying on the sofa crying with an alleged headache and nausea, reported hubby. During lunch, though, this miraculously disappeared, especially when offered ice cream for dessert. Hmmmm.

Once he'd gone to bed, I had the chance to check this out again myself. This time I changed my profile to "Mummy" and went in on the hard level, no sparkles available. LOVED it. Loved the hidden bits, the movable bricks, the movable everything, the way nothing sparkled when the mouse went over it so you didn't know to click on it for definite, the randomness of the plot - finding a tranquiliser gun to put the butler out of action... couldn't we just smack him over the head with the same axe we used to cut the plank? ... the endless searching for documents as in every good adventure game or iHog.

Until I got stuck in the library - the only bit I hadn't done before on EASY. Thinking I could go it alone, sans hints and tips, and then finding myself clueless. They say pride comes before a fall, and my hubris managed to get me in a pickle. So I don't know where I'm going, or how I'm going to get there with no hints left... but I know I like this game a lot and so will persevere.

4/5

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 20, 10 6:03 PM
I am amazed. I have to admit that I love the game. The graphics sure did turned me off right away because they are bad, really bad, but everything else makes up for it. Anyway, the story line is pretty interesting, the music is not annoying at all, the search for clues and items is quite entertaining. The characters are believable. Not too much talking, you can even speed up or skip; great! Puzzles are on the easy side but not repetitive. I HATE "find the differences" so I hope there won't be more than one. Actually, the whole game makes sense. I have to admit that I prefer gorgeous graphics and all but if the game is boring and stupid what's the point, right? It's different from what I've been playing for a while, change is good.
I'm buying, giving it 4 out of 5 because of the graphics.

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on Mar 20, 10 6:14 PM
Maybe BF will start giving bonus on top of bonus for people like me (us) lmao who wind up with 12 purchases by the middle of the month. Such a good game. My wifey and I play side by side on our puters and just really enjoy these games.
My best justification is that: Oh well, neither one of us drinks or smokes any more, soooo we're still $$$ ahead
Thanks for the good reviews my friends. I go by 'em. I always look for poodlebear, and of course all of you other good fishies in our pond

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Mar 20, 10 6:51 PM
I really enjoyed the demo and think this is a keeper for me. No, the graphics are not up to standard against RTR, and personally, I am tired of hearing all games being compared to that game. Every game is different, some are good in their own standing, like this one. The storyline is good, the graphics are old school which makes it enjoyable for me, love the option of advanced or easy mode, love the option to keep searching for bonus items. The characters are just that...characters...love em!

If I am sitting here, enjoying a demo, and it ends with me yelling NOOOO (like poodlebear mentioned LOL) then I know it has drawn me in. I do not expect every game out there to be like RTR. I prefer variety. This one was a pleasant surprise...so thank you much

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 20, 10 7:38 PM
I just finished the demo and am on my way to buying this wonderful game! Thank you many

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 20, 10 8:34 PM
After 10 mins of playing the demo, I bougth the game and do not regret that decision. This one of the best IHOG games here, and is on par with Drawn: The Painted Tower.

The storyline, graphics, characters are excellent. I'm playing in casual mode and it's still a little difficult. The mix of mini games is very good, a good mix.

All in all, a very, very good game. 5 out of 5 stars!

Go to: