bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Post any Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by bronte311 on Mar 21, 10 7:10 PM
My game crashed at the very end--just after "to be continued". It didn't really make a difference since I was done playing anyway, but it did kind of ruin the satisfying "end of game" feeling! I'm using Windows Vista...

suzyc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by suzyc on Mar 21, 10 8:49 PM
I just ended up with that nasty blue screen too. First I got a message I have never seen before. It said "an exception has occured!" Then in the description, it said something about an "OGRE". Huh?! I don't know for sure, but I am willing to bet that is not a good thing. Does anyone know what is going on with this game? Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Mar 21, 10 10:12 PM
Downloading installing. Like someone mentioned, you download and it just installs installs and nothing happens.

The ONLY way I've figured around this is, stop, delete, restart (which can be a pain). ALSO, I've noticed this happens if I pause the download for any reason. (so I'm thinking problem with BF game manager which I really wish we did NOT have to use to launch games). The reason I say this, I've had this problem soooo many times its not funny.

2, There are parts in the game when the music kinda skips (like a scratched record - if you don't know what a record is, its a black vinyl shiny thing from long ago).

So far, these are the only tech issues I've had.
Using vista, laptop

[Post New]by debbienz2001 on Mar 22, 10 1:17 AM
Running Windows XP - I got as far as the Supercomputor then everything started flashing and the cursor stopped working. Now when I try and reload the game it only loads so far then just hangs.

sissylu419
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sissylu419 on Mar 22, 10 12:45 PM
stanliness wrote:I'm having the same problems - Windows XP, 2 crashes, says I don't have Directx 9.0, but I do. Dismantled my spyware. Still crashed. So did Vampireville. What gives? I love this game - I'm so disappointed!!!

Same problem here....this game and Vampireville. Never had this problem with any other games here! I am disappointed too!!!!!

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Mar 22, 10 2:15 PM
Twice now I've gotten to the point where she reads the letter in the computer and says she has to head to Barcelona next.....the screen comes up then to download the next part and nothing happens. I had to Ctr Alt Del twice now to get out of it.

Edited on 03/22/2010 at 2:15:56 PM PST

Moonbow002
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Moonbow002 on Mar 22, 10 5:17 PM
I have got to the box with the bird on it, but it doesn't load up the mini game nor can I skip the game,reset it, access help, or get to the menu. I have to control alt delet in order to get out of the game.

I've never had any problems with bf games before. Anyone have any ideas?

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 22, 10 6:36 PM
For me it crashed while loading the second chapter (going to the apartment I think) so I stopped the trial and the tried again, however it took me to the dialogue scene at the end of the first chapter.
This was annoying as I had waited for it to load then had to listen to all of the speech stuff again but yet again the second chapter did not load at all.

I give up in the end especially as I only had thirteen minutes left of the trial, it was a real shame for me as I enjoyed what I got to play.

Seems another game that is full of problems, what is going on Big Fish?!

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Mar 23, 10 3:23 PM
Ok. I went to the help pages - reloaded Directx. Went back into the game - and it crashed again at exactly the same place. Wow. So I guess it's time to delete the game.

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Mar 23, 10 4:40 PM
sissylu419 wrote:
stanliness wrote:I'm having the same problems - Windows XP, 2 crashes, says I don't have Directx 9.0, but I do. Dismantled my spyware. Still crashed. So did Vampireville. What gives? I love this game - I'm so disappointed!!!

Same problem here....this game and Vampireville. Never had this problem with any other games here! I am disappointed too!!!!!

Same here - but I have had problems with other games too - just a few...

ndl7753
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ndl7753 on Mar 24, 10 7:25 AM
3 times now I have downloaded the game and can not get past the scene in the apt. were you put the paper(academic journal) under the door and then use the ice pick on the lock. Nothing is working...can I get a game credit back to use on a game that will work? This is so annoying...I don't know how to correct.

[Post New]by LHemmings on Mar 24, 10 8:06 AM
This game is very frustrating, At the very beginning, the ladder would not place. even though I used several hints trying to see exactly how to place it. I am uninstalling before finishing trial.

Edited on 03/24/2010 at 8:09:10 AM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 24, 10 6:17 PM
I had no problem with the demo, but after I purchased it, the game kept crashing my computer. I finally realized that it might be a memory/resource hog, so I closed everything else out and made sure the game and the game manager were the only programs running, and everything worked fine after that.

[Post New]by rooster236 on Mar 24, 10 6:30 PM
my game is running fine i only have one problem, i made it to the super computer and when it wanted the code to open the lab and storage doors the key pad only goes to 9 and no 0 the code is 830 mmmmmmmmm now how do i put a zero in where there is no 0 maby somone knows how id appreciate it
rooster

Edited on 03/24/2010 at 6:32:10 PM PST

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Mar 24, 10 6:38 PM
jramme wrote:I am stuck at the end of the professor's apartment. A message came up asking me if I wanted to leave the level or finish looking for bonus items (dog). I decided to keep looking, but can't find them all and have used all my hints. However, now how do I get out of there and to the next level which I believe is the mansion?

I'm having exactly the same problem. I only had one dog to find so thought it would be worth the extra time to get the extra hints. I can't even escape the flashlight scenes, and have full-circled them a dozen or more times. The only sparkly area left is the upstairs bedroom, and I've searched it dozens of times too. I wish it would at least give me the chance to quit looking and go to the next level.

I've discarded three other Big Fish Games for this kind of problem.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 24, 10 10:41 PM
There's a link to a walkthrough in one of the top posts of this forum. All of the inventory items are circled.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 24, 10 10:43 PM
rooster236 wrote:my game is running fine i only have one problem, i made it to the super computer and when it wanted the code to open the lab and storage doors the key pad only goes to 9 and no 0 the code is 830 mmmmmmmmm now how do i put a zero in where there is no 0 maby somone knows how id appreciate it
rooster

You get one number from the printer, and the other from inside the safe, then add them together to open the first door. Is that what you did to get your total of 830?

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Mar 25, 10 10:22 AM
I LOVED this game! It was a nice change of pace from just regular HOGS. I would like to know of more like this if anyone knows of any similar games. I know this is supposed to have 5 more games in the series, so, looking forward to them for sure!

That being said, I DID have issues with the game after I got to the Oceanarium place. The game worked perfectly for me until I got to the part with the grid and the symbols, THEN it got frustrating!
First off, when I got to the grid symbol part, there was no grid OR symbols. Just the view of the desk area. I couldn't move, couldn't go anywhere. I clicked on everything and nothing would happen. So, I exited out of the game completely and then turned it back on and then the grid with the symbols came up no problem.

However, I think the grid was poorly done as it is confusing because there are 5 rows and not 4. Just disregard the bottom row and pretend it's not there. They really could've made this better such as having the symbols to choose from off to the side seperately apart from the grid. THEN it wouldn't have seemed confusing because I began to think that somehow you had to include the bottom row into the whole mess and knowing what you are supposed to do, it just seemed impossible.
I had to look at walk through to know not to pay attention to last row! Aaaargh!

There were a couple more times after this that I had to hit ctrl +alt+del because the game would freeze up during the other puzzles. I even tried to hit "skip" and nothing happened. The menu button, hint, skip, etc all froze on me and I couldn't proceed. Unfortunately when I came back to the game, it hadn't saved my progress for part of where I was. No biggie, but it was frustrating.

I have Windows XP Service pack 3 in case anyone would like that info. I had a similar problem with a couple other games. Dire Grove might've been one of them.

When the game loads it tells me I have low video memory and would I like to play at a lower graphic or something. I choose yes and it seemed fine like I said, all the way up to the end of the Oceanarium where the grid puzzle is. So, all in all, I LOVED the game despite the glitches at the end. I will probably play again. I played the Advanced version and it wasn't too difficult. I only needed the walkthrough for the grid puzzle, but I didn't even need it really.

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Mar 26, 10 4:05 PM
I get as far as the "loading" screen for Barcelona and then nothing more happens. I cannot even re-boot my computer. I have to cut off the power to get it to shut down. While it's not the best HOG around, I was having fun with it. I'm hoping that the problems get corrected so that I can finish the game.

[Post New]by LEMONGRASS66 on Mar 26, 10 6:33 PM
Having an issue. I get to Barcelona, now it gives me Error Access Violation. This sucks. I don't like paying for games that don't work!

Go to: