p7000
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition

[Post New]by p7000 on Sep 25, 16 8:46 AM
Stuck in the Foyer after having talked with the Moonpriest. Cannot go Forward to enter the Kingsroom.

Great.. Again a buggy CE.

gdyr8
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gdyr8 on Sep 25, 16 1:26 PM
Chapter 6 - In the foyer it will give you a magnifying glass over the male statue but will not pull up what you need. I cannot place the rose in the statue cape. Until this is fixed I cannot move forward. I am using Windows 10

tsj1769
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tsj1769 on Sep 25, 16 4:21 PM
Chapter 2 I cant enter the mini-game it wont let me....I cant go any further in the game...Please help...is there a fix for this ?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 26, 16 3:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report the issues you are experiencing with this particular game here. The Forum Moderation Team certainly wants to help resolve these issues as quickly as possible, and to help with this, I am providing the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams so they can look deeper into these reported issues. Thanks for understanding! If we receive any new information or an update, we'll be sure to announce it to the forums so that all of our players know what has happened.

In the meantime, if you haven't already and are unable to progress in the game due to a missing item, I certainly recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. The Dr. Felix report can help our teams figure out what might be happening more quickly. Also, our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support and troubleshooting beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your understanding, and as a reiteration, the Forum Moderation Team is sending the information in this thread and others that have reported technical issues to the appropriate teams. Thanks for your patience.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by MissPicky on Sep 27, 16 1:00 AM
Sorry, I am having trouble in Chapter 6(?) I have placed the shield on the king's statue, it has opened up what looks like a HO underneath, but I can't play it. I can look at it but can't pick up anything. Unless it is not a HO game?! Not sure what else it could be. I am playing on a PC with Windows 10.
Thanks

[Post New]by KamenRiderZero on Sep 27, 16 8:13 AM
I'm not really sure if there is a fix for something like this but somehow, my ingame profile got deleted. I was playing yesterday and finish the main game and was hoping to continue with the bonus chapter today, but when I went in the game, it ask me to create a new profile.

ulsa143
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ulsa143 on Sep 27, 16 4:48 PM
I am in the first half of bonus game and am stuck on the pillar section placed the combination and nothing happens, checked SG to verify I didn't have to do anything special and what I was doing was correct there is no reset however I completely shut down and reopened the game, tried again with no success game is not freezing up.
after hours of play, to have no ending is very disappointing, not worth playing at all especially paying CE prices for the part I cannot play.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 28, 16 4:18 PM
Just downloaded the fix for this game. It made absolutely no difference. Game took me back to the same spot with the same problem. I still cannot advance, and the only thing the hint system can say is "I guess I better be moving on"

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Editio

[Post New]by annadnl on Sep 30, 16 1:57 AM
i'm stuck in chapter 1. this area is not active / clickable for me:

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/01/2016 at 2:39:48 PM PST

evennow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by evennow on Sep 30, 16 10:18 AM
I made it to Chapter 7, but am stuck on the first puzzle. I cannot get the "knob" I need, or a ball to play the puzzle. Any suggestions? Thank you.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 30, 16 1:03 PM
@evennow
The knob is in the throne in the artefact room.
You get it after placing the completed fire seal in the space there, at which point the throne catches fire and the knob is revealed. You do not require a ball to play the puzzle.

[Post New]by naturelover4 on Oct 1, 16 1:51 AM
I downloaded the update for this game and I'm still stuck at the chapel door!! The stained glass appears but not the keyhole, I've tried clicking everywhere and it still makes no difference.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Editio

[Post New]by sazoria on Oct 1, 16 9:35 AM
@naturelover4
Did you restart the game now that you have the update?
Otherwise sorry it's still glitching for you, that sucks .

Edited on 10/01/2016 at 10:03:38 AM PST

[Post New]by ginger_hogue on Oct 1, 16 10:40 AM
My operating system in windows 10. In chapter 6 in the royal bedchamber, there is a mini-game with a blue marble. I have the marble but cannot open the screen to put it where it goes. The curser changes into the one with the mirror, but nothing happens when I click.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 1, 16 2:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been experiencing these problems in the game. For the issues being described here it may help to try the steps in the help articles I've included below. These can help in a variety of different situations, including when a function in the game isn't working properly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If the issues are continuing we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are happy to help, and have the tools needed to provide in-depth assistance for technical issues.

I also wanted to post a quick reminder of the Forum Rules. Specifically:

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

In order to preserve the security of the forum, we request that people please not post external links. This way we can make sure it stays accessible and comfortable for all of our users.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by MissPicky on Oct 2, 16 12:26 AM
Sorry, I don't understand. Why do you want us to post our technical issues here and then still have to go contact the Technical Support Team? The new update came in minutes after I reported I was stuck on a HO game, so I have to presume it was not going to fix my problem. Are there going to be any more updates or do I now have to use the Technical Support team?

[Post New]by mariateresasatta on Oct 3, 16 2:56 AM
KamenRiderZero wrote:I'm not really sure if there is a fix for something like this but somehow, my ingame profile got deleted. I was playing yesterday and finish the main game and was hoping to continue with the bonus chapter today, but when I went in the game, it ask me to create a new profile.

Same for me. I did the game in a few sessions, and every time it asked me to create a new profile. The collectibles weren't available anymore. And now I can't play the bonus game, it remains closed.

You talked of an update... were is?

I am using Windows 10.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Editi

[Post New]by dog2007 on Oct 7, 16 4:05 PM
I'm at the puzzle where you have to assemble 2 crowns to open the door but the marble isn't showing up.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but not happy about possibly having to skip a puzzle.

Well I tried going through on a different account and got the marble...just zoomed through so will just have to skip it on my first account and hope to still get the achievements....I can play through again for real some time to see if it will work or not but very annoying being in Chapter 4 and having this happen (and having to start over possibly)....will try and solve the puzzle thought o make sure it works...and so I can check if things work just in case....

I hope it's a fluke because I haven't been gathering the parables or collectables....I just skipped everything to get to this same point and check if the marble showed up...

Anyone else having this problem? (never use to have issues with games...the last Dark Tales was the first and now this...but at least it might just be a fluke....I hope)

Ok it was a fluke....I went back into my first account and tried clicking RESET and BOOM there was the marble....weird but if anyone else is stuck try the reset button

Edited on 10/07/2016 at 5:17:05 PM PST

[Post New]by Catherinen on Oct 11, 16 11:25 AM
Cannot get the levers to move after placing the mold, and cannot place the bellows in chapter 7 (I think it is) next to the stone snake, to make the seal needed to advance. I really love this game series... Is there a newer update yet?

[Post New]by BethAnn6 on Oct 15, 16 10:18 AM
I am trying to use the charged sword in the Keeper.s Hall, but it's not working. A video of game play shows the sword shattering into shards and falling onto the pedestal, triggering a mini-game with the guardian statues, but that isn't happening for me. I tried restarting from the beginning with a different profile, but it still doesn't work. I can't get the key, so I can't continue the game. I am using an
HP laptop with Windows 7 and this is the first time that I have had a problem with one of these games.

kK

Go to: