OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 2, 16 2:14 PM
I have tried BF uninstall, Win10 uninstall, and Wise Program Remover uninstall. EVERY time I reinstall the game goes back to where it is stuck, in part 3 where Adam is supposed to negotiate a maze in 10 steps.

I can only assume that the fault is with the memory in the BF game stub. How do I fix it?

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Oct 2, 16 3:14 PM
The hint button stopped working at about 30 minutes...I contacted tech support and sent a Dr. Felix report...They are so busy they sent me a free game coupon instead of reading my problem...not going to be OK with that!! So, I'll send another email to them...hopefully they fix this for me...I encourage everyone that has a hint button problem...run a Dr. Felix report and send it to them... if enough people contact them then they will realize this is a big problem...PLEASE...PLEASE>>>PLEASE

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Oct 3, 16 3:14 AM
Windows 10 - same problem with hint/skip button. Stopped working in the sarcophagus puzzle. Cant figure out the puzzle, so stuck. Tried playing under a different profile, but same thing happened again in the puzzle.

[Post New]by chuckandebi on Oct 3, 16 11:07 AM
Near the end of the game, in Ben's 1950's room. The seek and find game on the wall will not allow me to pick up the final piece of the puzzle to put on the top of the box in the scene. I have tried everything I know how to do. I will be beyond disappointed if I have to restart this whole game again so close to the end! has anyone else had this issue?

sinclair77
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sinclair77 on Oct 3, 16 11:09 AM
The hint button is not working.

[Post New]by andmic on Oct 3, 16 11:29 AM
Would the company who made this game correct their hint button - not working and depend on it otherwise I will not buy game!

njholden
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by njholden on Oct 3, 16 12:55 PM
Using windows 10, hint button worked thru most of the game but stopped working half way thru Ben's house. Will try to reinstall, but really hate to start the game over again.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Oct 3, 16 3:09 PM
I am stuck in a sarcophagus mini game in Ben's house - SKIP key does not work - I can not figure it out - checked guide. I HATE these mini games !!!

Edited on 10/03/2016 at 3:11:29 PM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Oct 4, 16 1:01 AM
Worked most of the way through, but the path through a maze you have to choose for Adam in the last chapter? Yeah, that doesn't work. You can press the arrow buttons, but those don't do any good. You can't skip the puzzle, either. I already tried. This means that the game cannot be finished. Ever. There is no way around this block.

This is also the second BFG game that has died on me in two days.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

If your games aren't going to work, why should I continue to be one of your customers? You think I have money to waste on games that don't work?

[Post New]by OAKTREES on Oct 4, 16 12:21 PM
Having the same problem.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 4, 16 1:23 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to report what issues you are seeing with this game. We certainly want you to be able to continue enjoying your purchased game, so I'd like to provide some preliminary troubleshooting that could assist and also how to receive more assistance from our Support Team should those steps not help.

Generally, when technical issues appear, we request taking a look through our Help Pages to see if those steps can quickly resolve the issue. I found a few pages that might assist with some of the crashing and freezing issues being seen with this game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you find that you are having trouble with specific puzzles not interacting properly or completing as expected, the following page could assist:

Run Game as Administrator

For other issues such as the hint button not working properly, or if the steps above don't seem to help out, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report if you haven't already. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

If you receive or have received a response from us that doesn't seem to help or lists steps that you've already tried, this may be an automated response sent out to help out everyone who has written in with technical issues so that we can more quickly respond to everyone who has written in. Please find this message and reply directly to it to escalate your request. This will make sure that you do not lose your place in our queue and receive direct, personalized assistance from our Support Team.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this helps out,

bfgIlinalta

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Oct 4, 16 2:16 PM
Completed the sarcophagus puzzle with great difficulty, as guide was misleading, but then nothing happened. Skip button not working. Was unable to pick up the wolf as illustrated in the guide.

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Oct 5, 16 3:39 AM

Edited on 10/05/2016 at 10:05:30 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Oct 5, 16 9:33 AM
A solution for the skip/hint problem - change difficulty option. It worked for me. I was playing on the casual mode, but after restarting the game under a different profile, changed to normal mode.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 5, 16 10:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what they are experiencing in this particular thread. We have passed along the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams for investigation. Thank you Scottie12 for mentioning what you have experienced with your game. It is greatly appreciated.

It is highly recommended that if players are having issues with the hint button, to refer to the help articles in bfgIlinalta's post above. If the issues persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to further assist based on your computer's configurations.

If players are having issue with game progress not saving, please refer specifically to the following help article:

Run Game as Administrator

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

By keeping posts family friendly and respectful, this will help keep the forums accessible to everyone who would like to participate. We greatly appreciate player's patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 10/05/2016 at 10:14:47 AM PST

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Oct 5, 16 2:17 PM

Edited on 10/18/2016 at 9:51:36 AM PST

rudi3403
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by rudi3403 on Oct 6, 16 11:30 AM
I also had the same problem as many others, hint button stopped (Windows10)
I had to start again under another profile. It has been working since.

[Post New]by ketmaacem09 on Oct 8, 16 9:32 AM
NOT happy, bought the c/e game, skip button doesnt work, hint button also.Re downloaded game three times, Im using windows 7, If not fixed or reinstate money, going else where, though Ive had a great time and with big fish.and been with them for years but if there are people haveing trouble, why keep you letting people buy, Im a pensioner, dont have money to throw away.

Edited on 10/08/2016 at 9:33:18 AM PST

[Post New]by ykminers on Oct 8, 16 2:59 PM
I have windows 7 and the hint button was working and then the skip button stopped working and then the hint button wouldn't work either.... I play the games to have fun and not to get frustrated... Won't be buying anymore Fear for Sale games...

[Post New]by meandmine061 on Oct 10, 16 6:11 PM
I have the same issue with not being able to pick up and place the last piece of the puzzle in Ben's room in 1950. I've tried going out and back in. I don't want to have to start the game all over again. Help anyone? I have an HP running windows 10.

Go to: