Re:Continuing to test reported difficulty with Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by bigand on Mar 29, 10 11:27 AM
Hi

I downloaded the trial this morning (UK time) and cannot get past the cellar. The task that should come up on clicking the lit area, will not do so. Very frustrating but I have now deleted the game - just as I was thinking that this may be an interesting game!

Shame - but there you go!

Edited on 03/29/2010 at 11:27:55 AM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 29, 10 1:48 PM
I am having the same problem with the sundial as others. I picked up one piece in the garden before I got to the sundial. It went into my inventory and will not merge with the rest of the pieces. Is there anything we can do to get these pieces to merge so we can continue with the game without starting over?

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 29, 10 10:28 PM
i got past the sundial but i am trying to make a solvent and i cannot get the last bean i click on it and even the walkthrough shows i have the right one but it will not let me click it. and i am almost done with the game

[Post New]by snowman8360 on Mar 30, 10 4:57 AM
Ok, so the game testers say so. but I also bought this game and also can't get past the friggin cellar. my video card drivers are up to date and so is flash player. so, we can't ALL be wrong, Bigfish! the problems ARE there and if you cant recreate or find a solution, then issue us who purchased a refund game credit so we can play a game that works. this is NOT the first time I have had issues with some of your games, and I am an experienced gamer and above average computer user. obviously, the problem lies in the software, regardless.

[Post New]by sharddm on Mar 30, 10 7:12 AM
I got through the game...but my problem is that even on full screen I don't get full screen and the "find objects list" is cut off and I have to use the hint to find the things that don't show up on the screen.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Continuing to test reported difficulty with Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 30, 10 8:18 AM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Everyone,

We wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the continuing difficulty that a number of you are having with this game. We have read all your comments, and are trying to reproduce the issues that are being reported in these forum threads. So far we are having little luck – but we are not giving up!

Prior to launch of this game, it was run through our testing lab – this lab has multiple computers (30+), running different operating systems and video cards and different processing speeds. The game was found to play well on each of these many machines – in every case we played past the cellar scene. So the problem being reported is providing us a challenge.

Since we started seeing these threads in the forums we have again tested the game many, many times – and always been able to progress past the cellar…

Although from reading the forums one may assume the issues to be widespread, there are many thousands of other fishies who have played this game to completion and enjoyed their experiences in Wonderland. That said, we continue to try to reproduce the progression breaks that many of you are seeing, and we hope to be able to report success shortly.

I have two more to go on Advice From A Caterpillar chapter,but I was wondering "where is the cellar" because I don't remember even seeing a cellar?

[Post New]by chibby33 on Mar 31, 10 6:27 AM
Running the 60 min trial version and can't get past the cellar either. I've clicked everywhere on the screen and...nothing. Not good.

[Post New]by spongemommie005 on Mar 31, 10 1:34 PM
I too have purchased this game and i can't get the key in the front door ...ARGH!!!!
i am still devoted to playing! it seems like fun and from what i have read of those who can play it is ..
This is probably the 2nd game i have had problems with..
I have done everything suggested and still Nothing....

[Post New]by crimsoncat on Apr 1, 10 4:45 PM
Hi,
I can't pick up the last caster bean for the solvent. It is on the bookshelf. I have tried everything I can think of to pick it up. Please advise.

[Post New]by hilovey on Apr 1, 10 6:10 PM
Hi...has a solution been found on how to get pass the issue at the sundial where I have pieces collected in inventory and won't join with the others?

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Apr 2, 10 12:21 AM
I'm also stuck at the sundial.......anyone found an solution yet ?.........

[Post New]by patflute2 on Apr 2, 10 9:24 PM
I also deleted the game when I tried to get into the cellar. The footsteps only allow me to go back into the living room - I do think I found the crow bar in there (if that is where it is supposed to be) however, I can't click on it. When I go to the cellar, I see the blue light, and click on it, but absolutely nothing happens. I exited the game, returned a little later, and same thing. Since this was only the demo version, I decided to delete it. If I am able to download in the future, possibly BF will have fixed this issue as well as any other issues that seem to have been occurring,via all the threads on this game. It looks like loads of fun, but I refuse to even attempt to purchase when I can't play it any further than the door to the cellar.

On behalf of BF, I did have an issue awhile back with a game and they thoroughly helped me with that issue. Their tech support seems very professional and very willing to assist. When I wasn't able to address their suggestions right away due to some personal issues, they stated to take my time - unlike some other web sites tech support that states if you don't respond in 24 hours your issue is assumed resolved. So, I hope that the tech issues with this game will be addressed in the same timely and professional way that BF has helped me in the past. If not, then this will be a game I won't be purchasing, but will have to find another wonderful game to play.

[Post New]by carolcurrier2001 on Apr 5, 10 5:43 AM
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/5/2010, 13:34:12
Machine name: XXXXXXX
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC
System Model: 00000000000000000000000
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) 2600+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1216MB RAM
Page File: 525MB used, 2375MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP
Manufacturer: VIA/S3G
Chip type: VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_7205&SUBSYS_D0021631&REV_01
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: LG L1750G
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: vtdisp.dll

This machine gets nothing in the cellar. USe a virtual PC system and you might be able to re-create the problem.

[Post New]by lolakinnee on Apr 6, 10 9:19 AM
Cant find the piece of net that looks like a crutch. Saw where it should be but it is not there. Clicked everywhere and cant see it. Frustrated. I have a new computer Navidia card and windows xp

[Post New]by DeepRanger on Apr 6, 10 9:20 PM
Have updated the video drivers, Flash, and ActiveX. Still can't get the key into the front door...

DeepRanger

brook11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by brook11 on Apr 7, 10 7:40 PM
I can't get the game to load anymore. It was locking up my computer requiring a hard boot. I tried again today and got an access violation. I posted in another thread and didn't get any response. Hopefully someone has a fix or I'd like a refund.

How do you request a refund of a malfunctioning game?

[Post New]by pinchme2 on Apr 8, 10 8:14 PM
Okay I don't understand computer stuff, I load and play- When I tried to play Alice this is what I got and I don't understand-" Could not find any compatible Direct3D drive available" and ERROR: Access violation at 0xw491c02 (tried to read from 0x0000000), program terminated.
Okay spouse upgrade computer to window 7 could this be my problem?

[Post New]by Tinker2012 on Apr 9, 10 10:08 PM
lolakinnee wrote:Cant find the piece of net that looks like a crutch. Saw where it should be but it is not there. Clicked everywhere and cant see it. Frustrated. I have a new computer Navidia card and windows xp

Yea, yea I'm stuck right there too, the shaped piece is no there ,point. I spend 3 days click all around the screen from top to bottom ,right and left,inch by inch I'm getting insane,nothing is in there and can't go forward, stuck in there .

[Post New]by pixie_unicorn on Apr 10, 10 1:42 PM
Yet another person who can not get past the cellar here , I have sent a zip file to Big Fish Technical Support and am still waiting for them to get back to me regarding this issue, however I had a problem with one of their games before and I sent a zip file report to them about that game but they said it was my computer at fault, how convienient for them , I know my computer repair chap would never cheat me and he insist's that I have one of the best video cards and updated computer's going, so sorry Big Fish I still place this issue with Alice In Wonderland firmly in your lap and think it is about time that you sorted out all of the gliches that us poor Big Fish suporters are suffering.
Please don't pass the buck on this one and say my computer is not up to date or my DirectX needs updating because I know they don't need dong, just sort out the problem with this game or remove it from your sales list.
I am now seriously considering joining [removed by moderator] games to see if they do a better job, sorry to sound so harsh about this but it is getting really annoying now and this is from someone who has purchased many, many games from you in the past.
I used to think you the Best people to purchase games from but I truly am having a big re-think now , it will be such a shame to leave but if needs must then .

Edited on 05/08/2011 at 11:47:51 AM PST

[Post New]by fiferjanis on Apr 11, 10 7:51 PM
sharddm wrote:I got through the game...but my problem is that even on full screen I don't get full screen and the "find objects list" is cut off and I have to use the hint to find the things that don't show up on the screen.

Fullscreen view had it off-centered to the left for me as well. I used the window view, which seemed ok... however I saved right at the part with Alice asleep in bed, and came back to the game, but don't seem to be able to do anything except wander from room to room now. There's nothing in the objective box, either. Hint points to Alice, but clicking on her, putting the shrinking cake on her, etc. doesn't do anything.

Go to: