bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for The Enchanted Kingdom: Elisa's Adventure

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 24, 10 3:55 PM
krissywillow wrote:Vonnie, please never hold back on giving neutral or negative reviews!!! Even if everyone else likes a game, it's SO HELPFUL to hear from everyone including those who don't.

I agree with krissywillow! It's even helpful for us here on the Big Fish Games side of things to see a variety of opinions being posted about a game. Hearing your feedback, both positive and negative, is very helpful.

Keep those reviews coming folks!

-bfgZambezi

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 24, 10 4:23 PM
One day someone will find the exact formula for the perfect game that pleases everyone! Until then, it's a bit of a lottery. Games that promise such a lot turn out to be quite boring, and then along comes one like this, very simple, which has got so many of us hooked!

Just right for relaxing, with lots of variety. I'm hoping the games get a bit harder as you go along, but I'm quite happy to play along at this level too.

Well done to the developers and for giving us lots of fun!

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Mar 24, 10 4:37 PM
Howatch wrote:As far as the lack of instructions goes, if you click on "help" on the main menu it will give you all the information you need.

Well, yes, but then you'd ruin all the fun!

I was wondering about what was going on - kept going back & forth between a couple of match 3 games. I'd forgotten bout the building part. And I also ran out of time.

As Poodlebear mentioned, after the earlier match 3 this week, anything would have been good. But I do like it and see a lot of game play - and replay - in it. And it's by Alawar. I think I've liked every game of theirs that I've found.

If one of the Big Fishies is listening, telling who the developers are in the description would be so cool. Their are some developers that could put out a game & I'd buy it without even trying it - they do that good on their games.

So swimming off to buy another game - as if I really needed it!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 24, 10 5:51 PM
Played most of the demo.

Cute game. BUT. I won't be buying this. I can't see myself going back and playing it...not enough draw for me.

I'm just not a huge fan of match 3s and it was sort of making me dizzy.

If you like this game, with the cartoony graphics and lots of tasks, try 3 Days Zoo Mystery. IMO a better game. (it does not have M3, but it has more hiddn object).

This is just my opinion.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Mar 24, 10 6:58 PM
I just finished the trial version of Elisa's Adventure and intend to purchase this entertaining game as soon as I post this reply. Though my favorite games are of the **** genre, I would be lost without my favorites in the match 3 category when I simply want to zone out, relax and enjoy. IMO there just aren't that many well produced, and amusing to me, match 3 games and when a good one comes along, like Enchanted Kingdom, I grab it!

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Mar 24, 10 7:01 PM
LOL, sorry about the asterisks. I forgot about the abbreviation problems for hidden object!

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Mar 24, 10 7:03 PM
I'm really enjoying this little game. I usually play HOGs, but enjoy Match 3 games from time to time, and this hybrid hits the spot!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 24, 10 7:41 PM
Every once in a while a dev seems to want to toss out a game w/ a severe identity crisis! It's primarily a match-3, but you keep collecting money & bldg materials like in Cradle of Persia tho so far I didn't actually build a thing (water flowed so apparently I made the dam), & there are superEZ HOs scenes tossed in. Graphix were meh, I kept wanting to hand Elisa a bottle of Visine for all that ingenuous blinking she did LOL Little effort at storyline development or period flavor....too many silly unrelated details to be believable at all & Elisa just toddled along in a docile manner w/ whatever the old guys wanted her to do w/o doing anything but blinking....& the dialogue balloons seemed to keep stuttering. The teeny little girl appeared to just wander aimlessly on the useless map that didn't need to be there b/c you had to click Play to advance, not a location. The 2 different types of matching got old quickly b/c even the shapes of the puzzles never changed.

Compared to the Egyptian one, a masterpiece LOL On its own merits, not so much.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 24, 10 9:48 PM
This is not one of my favourite games but it is quite enjoyable.

One of the main things I liked about this game was all of the different things to do. Sometimes games can get a little stale when you have to do the same things over and over.

There is a lot of speech within the game which can get annoying if you are not into the story and just want to play, but they do provide a skip option.

I found the lack of instructions a little annoying but not enough to stop playing, after the first few objectives I had worked out what was needed to complete the levels.

A pleasant game but it still feels like there is something missing, just not sure what.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Mar 25, 10 12:01 AM
Just finished the demo. I will definitely buy this game with this month's full punch-card. This game gives so much variety. I agree with some comments that there should have been more instructions on how to play the match 3. I know how to play a normal M 3, but with this game you have to get the logs, coins etc. Most of the dialog I skipped.

Jeanne M.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 25, 10 8:00 AM
To Vonnie: EXACTLY!!!!!! Everyone has their own opinion on every game. Some people may have liked it while others didn't. So What... You are allowed your own comment, don't feel as if you can't say how you feel. Though some people may not appreciate you view, as I have seen on other forums. As for me, I did like it, though I haven't been able to play the game to much tonight. However, there may be other games we both like. Just ENJOY your favorite games and don't worry about anyone else. Unless there are games we both like then make sure you give us some good tips and we will do the same, at least I will. Happy Gaming!!!!!

Edited on 03/25/2010 at 8:03:56 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 25, 10 8:19 AM
Demo-ed this game for 50 minutes.

Beautiful ambiance, liked the story and music, but the match 3 boards bored me to tears. And that's what most of the gameplay is. The boards are small, tedious, and repetitious. I own tons of match-3 games - swap match 3's are my favorite genre - but this won't be one of them - at least not based on the demo.

The storytelling segments were also painfully slow, even though I liked the story itself ok.

And I enjoyed the hidden object parts - no complaints at all about those parts. Good hints, beautiful rooms, objects to find are reasonably easy/hard. Love the beautiful flower arrangements in some of the rooms.

**Update**

After reading this forum more, it seems I was stuck in a loop.

I downloaded this game from another game site to demo it again, and thankfully did find other M3 board layouts after building the sawmill.

What I learned from the forums that helped me is that the bottom center icon takes you to where you can build buildings, produce things, and buy things eventually. The scroll icon shows what your objectives are in order to move forward in the game.

The second hour of M3 play, the boards were still pretty tedious, but at least there's powerups to use. I'm slow to use powerups generally, so at the end of 2 hours, I had over 20 pickaxes that I hadn't used. So maybe it's my own fault they seemed tedious .

This game will now go into my "might buy" list.

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 7:01:52 AM PST

[Post New]by aqrswitch on Mar 25, 10 8:46 AM
I really like this game but I can't figure out how to build the well in Singing Sands. Anybody got any ideas?

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Mar 25, 10 12:52 PM
I was disappointed at how the demo was going - I seemed to be stuck in a loop of gathering rocks and logs - but thought I'd come here and get some insight before I gave up. Glad I did! I was really enjoying the game until I got into that loop, but now I see I need to do something different to progress in the game.

My favorite aspect is that the hidden object parts require you to find multiples of a few objects. LOVE that. So much more enjoyable and convenient than flicking back and forth between the scene and a list of 25 different objects to find (or trying to memorize a few so I don't have to keep looking back at the list).

I'm off to buy!

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Mar 25, 10 1:40 PM
Oh, Alawar's made some real stinkers although they also made some games I like.

Elisa irritated me too and I have no clue why.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 25, 10 4:29 PM
It's funny how things work... I wasn't even going to download this trial first off. Then I finally downloaded and thought I don't want to play it. Then out of boredom I started the demo and what a pleasant surprise! I can't stand how Elisa looks but other than that it's an ok game. Lots of different things to do and move through so no time to get bored with one type of game play. The graphics are good in places, no so good in other places. So, as strange as it may seem, I've added this to my list of games to buy, just for the variation and fun of playing.

lunahielo
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by lunahielo on Mar 25, 10 4:44 PM
It won't download correctly for me..I have Windows 7..
Any ideas??? I really want to try this one...

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 25, 10 7:30 PM
Ask Customer Service to help, they have helped me many times in the past. Greg in Seattle is awesome, I had games in the past he mentioned for me to get Dr. Felix and Tropicabana works fine and a few more. I am not sure why it's not working for Windows 7. You can always get in touch with Customer Service, GOOD LUCK!!! And as always, HAPPY GAMING!!!!

Tarma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Tarma on Mar 27, 10 5:20 PM
Have to agree with most - found the mixture of genre's in this game very entertaining. It's on my "to buy" list.

By the by - for those of you who found the mixture of match 3 and **** enjoyable, may I suggest you try the 2 Jewel Quest Mysteries: Curse of the Emerald Tear and Trail of the Midnight Heart. Oh - and if you prefer a mixture of ball shooters and **** there is Luxor Adventures. All three can be found in the pond.

Happy gaming all

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Mar 29, 10 3:26 AM
I agree with every thing Poodlebear already said, so I will just add... to me it was SUPER easy and I too felt lack of instruction, but I did find my way around by clicking on buildings and trying things. The story cut ins you have to double click on would have been better if single click. It's good if youre looking for a fun, no challenge at all game.

Go to: