wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Weather Lord: Royal Holidays Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Oct 13, 16 3:28 AM
joybelle_1 wrote:Trouble demolishing buildings. Sometimes it works..sometimes not. Always get a surprise when it works! I notice someone else reported this in the gameplay forum too. Any answers?

I am also having trouble demolishing buildings.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Weather Lord: Royal Holidays Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Januarybaby on Oct 13, 16 8:44 AM
wxman77477 wrote:
joybelle_1 wrote:Trouble demolishing buildings. Sometimes it works..sometimes not. Always get a surprise when it works! I notice someone else reported this in the gameplay forum too. Any answers?

I am also having trouble demolishing buildings.

Same here

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 13, 16 10:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to in to help with the technical issues that people have been coming across in the game.

When problems like this come up we encourage taking a look at our help articles. While we'd like to be able to offer customized troubleshooting the forums unfortunately don't support the tools that we'd need to do so. However, similar looking issues may have different causes and solutions, and so we suggest checking out our help articles if you haven't tried the steps there already. This way we can make sure that the problems people are seeing get addressed as quickly as possible.

I've gone ahead and included a few below that can be especially helpful when these kinds of issues come up in a game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If these problems are continuing we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are able to offer customized support, as well as gather data on issues so they can be passed along to the appropriate team.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Phoebe06
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Phoebe06 on Oct 13, 16 7:35 PM
I have an iMac running OS Sierra 10.12. My two main problems are never being able to demolish any buildings, and the game closes 4 times out of 10 when I press 'continue'. I have two other Weather Lord games and never have had any problems. Any chance that you can get pass these problems on to the developer so they can issue a new game. Happily I bought this game with my 2 game credits, but still I could have used them with another game that hopefully would have been more stable.

dc43
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by dc43 on Oct 14, 16 2:51 AM
I bought this game without playing the demo as have the earlier ones in the series.

Played for about an hour then next day showed that I had 30 mins left so only the demo had downloaded.

Went to my game list and activated it.

Wouldn’t play so uninstalled it and downloaded again from ‘purchased’ list and it worked.

Very slow to load between the stages and makes you think it is not going to work.

Haven’t found out yet how to demolish the buildings as the X doesn’t do anything.

Using win 7.

[b]Update: After posting the above, closing game and shutting down computer I have not been able to play it again.

I wonder if it is because I didn't play/finish the demo!!!!!
[/b]

Edited on 10/16/2016 at 8:22:15 AM PST

[Post New]by highqueen41 on Oct 14, 16 4:11 AM
For level 22, in my game I can not install the mine building to accumulate 100 gold.

[Post New]by missmouse7606 on Oct 14, 16 8:30 AM
Running this on OSX10.11.6. Game constantly crashes after level completion. On bonus level six, it crashes during game play and you can't move on to the other levels. I love these games, but restarting after every level is tiresome.

Buggy Mac version -- Artifacts window doesn't load, and game crashes after every level

[Post New]by draegonflye on Oct 14, 16 10:04 AM
4_fun_id wrote:I'm running OS 10.11.6 on an iMac. The game works fine in general, but the artifacts window should open at the beginning of each level and it doesn't. This is okay until level 39 where it is impossible to play the level without using one of the artifacts.

I'm having all the mac issues. The artifacts window never opens, so I can't use any of the artifacts at all. Also the buildings will only demolish sometimes, if I click multiple times on the "x" quickly. The game also crashes at the end of every single level, and the most annoying thing is it didn't begin to crash at the end of every level until I finished the trial and paid for the game. Seriously. I have played 24 levels, 7 during the trial, and then 17 after I paid for the game, and the game has crashed 17 times.

I'm running OS 10.12 at the moment. I just upgraded to Sierra, but I had all the same problems when I was running El Capitan, OS 10.11.6. I've deleted and redownloaded the game, and tried all the other troubleshooting tips, but nothing works. I love Weather Lord, but it's too annoying to restart the game after every single level.

Edited on 10/14/2016 at 10:08:13 AM PST

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Oct 14, 16 11:27 AM
This game started on my secondary (smaller, poorer resolution, no speakers) monitor even though the BFG game module is on my main screen. I don't want to have to change the setup of my computer just to play this one game, so I just dumped it. I think this is only the third game to ever do this. I have a Dell XPS desktop running WIndows 10.

Eileen266
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Eileen266 on Oct 14, 16 11:42 AM
The game keeps crashing, and it will not allow me to select artifacts - there are no circles next to the artifacts to allow me to select them. Also, I cannot demolish buildings.

astral27
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by astral27 on Oct 14, 16 3:25 PM
I also did the Beta test on this game with absolutely no issues, so I bought it but cannot get it to play at all - I just get a flash of a white screen.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled to no avail plus have used the "play now" option, which usually can resolve some issues.

Same PC system using Windows 10 that I trialled it on.

Mopface
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Mopface on Oct 14, 16 5:42 PM
Truly what the hell with this game? Can't even play the demo, stuck at "game player name". Can't even get out of it, I have to force quit.

I have never (well, at least within recent memory - 5+ yrs.) had a problem like this.

Deleted game, restarted, cleared cache, and nothing is working.

[Post New]by nurani2930 on Oct 15, 16 2:17 AM
My game is frozen on the start pages as well. The HELP PAGES are a joke. So why are we posting here when all you do is say go to the help pages. I am going to seek a refund and wait for whatever the problem is to be fixed before I buy it again. Not happy at all.

[Post New]by Mishkit on Oct 16, 16 1:52 PM
Cannot demolish buildings.

Cannot change bonuses - it sticks to the first three selected.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 16, 16 2:28 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report any technical issues being experienced in this game. It looks like there are a few different issues being reported here and I'd like to try to provide some steps to help out with a few of those as well as providing the steps needed to get in touch with our Support Team for further troubleshooting assistance.

If you are using a Mac computer and are seeing the game crash, freeze, or not act appropriately, the following page from our Help Pages may assist:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If you are seeing trouble in Windows 10, the following Windows 10 specific steps may assist:

Windows 10

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you would like further troubleshooting assistance for any reason, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience, and please be sure to reach out to our Support Team if those Help Pages are unable to help as our Reps would be happy to help with the tools they have available outside the forums. Thank you for understanding, and I hope this helps out.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by anakanak3 on Oct 17, 16 10:48 AM
I also have the screen error: Switching to resolution 0x0 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: could not switch resolution (0x0 fs=0 hz=0)

Never had any issues with other Weather Lord Games.

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Oct 17, 16 12:02 PM
I keep getting this message:
"Failed to initialize Direct3D.
Make sure you have at least DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your
graphics card and have not disabled 3D acceleration
in display settings.
InitializeEngineGraphics failed"

with several different games, including this one. Desperately need a fix! Video Drivers already updated!

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Oct 17, 16 9:11 PM
Can't demolish buildings, which is frustrating when you accidentally build the wrong one and have to restart the level

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Oct 18, 16 9:24 AM
I finally figured how to download the game and play it BUT there are seven levels I cannot get gold on because in a certain location on each level you cannot upgrade the buildings or demolish them. I hope the devs are planning on a fix?

mommabak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mommabak on Oct 19, 16 11:07 AM
This problem is not a problem with BF. I have tried to play from other game sites and I get the same thing there, too. I think it is the game itself. Hope this helps.

Go to: