patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition

[Post New]by patnsky on Mar 25, 10 8:16 AM
Played 40 minutes of Haunted and love the graphics. I only got through 2 rooms as I want to save the last 20 minutes for refesher next month. Have bought way to many games this month. Am sure I will enjoy this game, but as others have said, it is not that hard. So I will wait and buy when the regular game comes out for 6.99.

I liked that I had the option to not use the game curser, but actually did use and I found it did not slow the game down at all. Thanks to the developers for that option.

Thanks BF for the variety of games you have provided for us this month.

Edited on 03/25/2010 at 8:20:30 AM PST

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Mar 25, 10 8:55 AM
To buy or not to buy, that is the question.

Edited on 03/25/2010 at 8:55:58 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Mar 25, 10 8:59 AM
THANKS PRP & POODLE

I really love all your helps. Poodle I generally agree with you, so I always look forward to your reviews!

PRP, I always love your help on the walks & the "KNOW HOW" of the games.

I always ck here in Game Forums, before DL.

PEN

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Mar 25, 10 9:03 AM
I as an official ""oldie" like the easiness of the game when it is combined with graphics like these-I loved them. Like others, will I pay for the CE? I also have purchased too many this month and there are others I still want! But thanks for this one. I also appreciate the reviews.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Mar 25, 10 9:48 AM
GoveGirl wrote:
grouchypants wrote:With the CE other then the S.Guide .wallpapers and such .. .Is there extra play?? I think CEs are worth it if there's extra play.

There is supposed to be. It says "Bonus Adventure" in the advertising blurb.
I cannot see anything about that under Extras though. I hope its not just an extra room to play- that would be bad to advertise that as a bonus adventure.

Hi GoveGirl,

The Bonus is not under the extras. There is another door on the left front of the manor that holds the extra play. I just happened on it (cant get in.. haven't bought yet) when I went out of game to check the extras.

HTH

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 25, 10 10:05 AM
I have bought most of the CE's except for one. This one, I will pass and wait for the 6.99 version. It's great but a little on the easy side and for some reason it just doesn't call out to me.
It's always good to have one in the bank for when there is a dry spell. Right now I have a few others to play and the week is not over.
Have a great day everyone.

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Mar 25, 10 10:28 AM
Cyndo123 wrote:
Hi GoveGirl,

The Bonus is not under the extras. There is another door on the left front of the manor that holds the extra play. I just happened on it (cant get in.. haven't bought yet) when I went out of game to check the extras.

HTH

Hi Cyndo
Thanks for pointing that out. Will check it out when finished game and unlocked. Hope there is good stuff there

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 25, 10 10:37 AM
biomix, I agree with you 100%. I too purchased all CEs but one (Treasure Seekers 3). This game is way too easy. I wish we could go from room to room, even outside into other buildings. Find the differences always kills me, I hate it, but everything else is ok. Boy! The graphics are gorgeous. Objects are very easy to find. Puzzles are easily done, tasks are very manageable. Anyway, I'll finish the demo and wait for a couple weeks to buy at regular price. We've been spoiled with amazing IHOGs/Adventures; unfortunately this one is lacking the adventure aspect.

Prissi
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Prissi on Mar 25, 10 12:39 PM
As has been stated already by several others, this game has excellent graphics. However, I find it lacking in several key areas.

First of all, the game is entirely too easy. It seems that the pinnacle was MCF: RTR. Almost every game after that has been dumbed down, and I really am starting to spend my time (and money) on social games rather than casual games.

Second, tasked required to finish a chapter are parceled out one at a time. I can't tell you how much I despise that style of gameplay, and I think it is mainly for this reason that I refuse to buy this game and any similar type of game. It is very frustrating when it is patently obvious what tasks are yet to be completed, yet one is unable to start them unless certain hoops are jumped through first. To all developers, we players are capable of multitasking. However, I fear if multitasking were implemented in more games, game length would be severely shortened, which, to my mind, would mean that the game did not offer much to begin with.

Third, I won't buy any game that forces me to use my mouse in the manner required to dust the mirrors. I have had hand surgery, and that sort of sustained mouse action is just too painful. What's more, I really don't want to do any more housework than I have to do. I keep my house clean, and that's enough.

Lastly, I am at the point where I refuse to buy any more CEs, with the possible exception of the MCF series. These games simply don't offer the added value for me. What I will pay more for is games that have replay value or the possibility of additional modules. The Saqqarah match-3 games is an example of such a game. I have added additional levels to my Beetle Ju games. That's what I will pay extra money for. I don't care for extra art. The integrated guides are pretty worthless for such simple games. If I like the game, I want more of the game, not fluff.

All style and no substance is not a winning formula for a game. Sadly, that's all that seems to be happening with a lot of the recent releases.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 26, 10 7:29 AM
I did buy this game & I have been playing for about 3 hrs off & on ,,I have no will power ,,& so ..I haven't finished it ..but I must jump in & tell you that I wish I had had other games to occupy my time ..cause I really think that they have lost the definition of a CE ..This is a above average game ..But not by any means a top class game...In some ways it is so simple it's stupid ,,(cleaning da mirror ) The chapters are very .. short ..so when your in a chapter ..you can't go anywhere ..I prefer wondering around a little bit more ..if only to enjoy the scenery ..The art was more like a children's story book setting..Which was really nice ..but no bells or whistles ..So if you have the will power ...( )...Save your money ..

TGIF

Edited on 03/26/2010 at 7:30:59 AM PST

[Post New]by Luckygal57 on Mar 26, 10 8:52 AM
I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET PAST THAT STUPID CLOCK. I HAVE HAD IT EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 26, 10 10:21 AM

11: 55

[Post New]by Pitbull_Chick on Mar 26, 10 7:29 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Outstanding game! Great graphics, intriguing and thrilling plot! HOG + Adventure.
Definitely a buy, CE or not...

Totally agree with you, had to come here and share what a FABULOUS hog game this is. I've been dl'ing all sorts of hog games and was so tired of muddy looking graphics and lame endings, etc.

This game has the MOST amazing clear graphics, u can even see little screws and I'm intrigued by the story line, You actually have to think about things and it's not too hard or too easy, just perfect! I was sold after playing for half an hour. Now, if I could only find games like this for $6.99, lol!

Enjoy, you won't be disappointed!

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Mar 26, 10 8:16 PM
Enjoyed the trial game very much...............have my 6 games picked for this month so I may wait until this is put out at $6.99, but I may not have the patients to wait.

Thanks for the 30% discount for regular games this weekend. Appreciate you BF

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 26, 10 8:28 PM
dogmama wrote:I so wanted to like this game. The story is good, the graphics are clear and the sound effects are decent. But it is far too easy and doesn't draw me in at all . I was hoping for something similar to RTR or Dire Grove. It's not even close. Length for me would probably be about 3-4 hours, but I'm very bored with it after 30 minutes, because I don't even have to think while I'm playing it. It would not be a buy for me at $6.99 much less at $19.99.

Me too! Didn't finish the demo.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 26, 10 8:53 PM
GoveGirl wrote:
grouchypants wrote:With the CE other then the S.Guide .wallpapers and such .. .Is there extra play?? I think CEs are worth it if there's extra play.

There is supposed to be. It says "Bonus Adventure" in the advertising blurb.
I cannot see anything about that under Extras though. I hope its not just an extra room to play- that would be bad to advertise that as a bonus adventure.

has anyone else seen the little sparkle on the main menu... it's just a blink of light near one of the windows? i'm wondering if that might be a hidden extra??

[Post New]by bestrivergal on Apr 14, 10 6:10 PM
I wrote to complain about having my cursor disappear after downloading the full game after liking the demo. Needless to say, I can't play it if I can't point and click so money wasted again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't work. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Everyone is right about the dusting of mirrors but was still willing to play. I too liked the MCF series and kept hoping all the others would be similar but have been disappointed so far. I've bought about 14 games this winter and I only really liked the MCF games. Summer is around the corner so will find better things to do. Thank Goodness!

[Post New]by skolkow on Apr 19, 10 7:09 PM
this game is a good game but not worth 20 bucks

[Post New]by mastrangelo on Apr 21, 10 7:12 PM
Anam_Craite wrote:I'm a bit disappointed...

Great graphics, good story and appears to be of good length (I don't think I made it more that 25-30% in the hour). The hints are unlimited and charge pretty quickly. The mini-games can be skipped after a short time and are not timed (at least the ones I made it to in the demo).

My complaint, oddly enough, is that it's far too easy. Mind you, I'm not that great at these types of games and often need to reference walk-throughs for the more challenging IHOGs but I was breezing right through this one. I know I haven't gotten THAT much better! I was hoping the difficulty level would increase as the game progressed but sadly it didn't.

Although I love the spookiness and suspense, I'm going to pass on this one...

[Post New]by Stacylm on May 11, 10 4:47 PM
How do I attach crystals to chandalier in dining room?

Go to: