gransam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gransam on Mar 27, 10 7:03 AM
In the pantry - cannot get out of the cupboard screen no matter how long I wait for the cursor to change to a down arrow. Help!

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sirenegold on Mar 27, 10 8:49 AM

I get to the wine, cork all the bottles, replace them in the wine collection, collect and place the shard and then the game stops and boots me out. When I resume, I'm back in the wine cellar and have to find, fill and cork all bottles again. Did this 3 times in row with no movement forward.

Great game but I won't buy until I've heard the glitches are gone.

[Post New]by cherylpetty on Mar 27, 10 10:59 AM
I cant buy the game it keeps telling me "not available yet". Is only the trial verision out?

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Mar 27, 10 11:45 AM
Enjoyed this game. Worth the money and you are not going to please everyone. The sweeping the mirrors wasn't all that bad and didn't take up that much time. For the money finally the the length of the game was worth it! Also, it wasn't that scary. Enjoy!

smartsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by smartsue on Mar 27, 10 12:52 PM
I am playing the trial and so far it's a good game. However, I lost the custom cursor. Luckily I could maneuver my mouse around and by the menu word highlighting, I could change the cursor. It's not as much fun because the regular cursor doesn't change into a brush, for instance.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 27, 10 1:47 PM
Welcome to the pond fishies!

smartsue,
If you go to options and the custom cursor box is checked and you are still unable to see it, you may need to update your DirectX, video card drivers and Flash, as it may be a display issue. Here is a help article with more information. Unable to Play Downloadable Game

cherylpetty,
If you are a Game Club member, you should be able to purchase the Collector's Edition. If you are still having trouble, you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

wllowldy
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by wllowldy on Mar 27, 10 2:34 PM
No prob d/l game but get this when I try to play...
"Sorry, but this product is not compatible with your display. Try using a different display, if you have that option."

Any ideas what I can do? I have Windows 7 and am having issues wth several new games. Getting various errors. This is a new pc and I do not want to screw wth the settings.

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Mar 27, 10 7:13 PM
ember89 wrote:frannycats : Where, pray tell is the walkthrough? I'm stuck in the wine basement with two full bottles of wine and no corks. The "help" button just points me back to the expanded picture of the two full bottles and "Now I can cork them" at the top.

on the game's main menu, click extras to find the walkthrough... you have three options on the left - wallpapers, walkthrough, and your figurine collection...

also, i covered wine in another thread, may want to take a look!

have fun gaming

Thanks! I'll go look for the other thread.

ValorieO
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ValorieO on Mar 27, 10 9:20 PM
I am stuck in the pantry. I was looking for the brush to clean the dirty lightbulb and clicked on the cabinet with the boards over it. Clearly I need a hammer or pliers or something, but since I just got to the level, I have nothing in my inventory yet. The cabinet is full screen (rather than the inset screen all the other puzzles have been) so I can't seem to click out of it. I've exited and re-started the game but no love. I've tried changing the cursor and changing from full-screen to windowed. Any ideas?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 28, 10 3:18 PM
from yliane : a grande aiguille de l'horloge a brusquement disparue, s'agit-il d'un bug du jeu ?

Merci de votre réponse

another case of clock needle disappearance... can anyone help this fishie out??

thanks

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 28, 10 3:21 PM
ValorieO wrote:I am stuck in the pantry. I was looking for the brush to clean the dirty lightbulb and clicked on the cabinet with the boards over it. Clearly I need a hammer or pliers or something, but since I just got to the level, I have nothing in my inventory yet. The cabinet is full screen (rather than the inset screen all the other puzzles have been) so I can't seem to click out of it. I've exited and re-started the game but no love. I've tried changing the cursor and changing from full-screen to windowed. Any ideas?

if you drag your cursor to the bottom of the screen, a magic arrow will appear showing your way to back out of the cabinet close-up... once you are out, and ready to open the cabinet, the pliers are hanging high on the post to the right... but i think you can only get the brush in the hidden object scene... don't remember that as clearly, sorry!

Typo in bonus game

[Post New]by Kayakgirl1 on Mar 29, 10 3:22 AM
I just made it through the game and loved it!

At the beginning of the bonus game, it says "cook the portion". Is that supposed to be "potion"?

post any haunted manor lord of mirrors

[Post New]by teenspuertorican on Mar 29, 10 4:08 AM
Kayakgirl1 wrote:I just made it through the game and loved it!

At the beginning of the bonus game, it says "cook the portion". Is that supposed to be "potion"?

[Post New]by merryd8542 on Mar 29, 10 1:44 PM
grogsplot wrote:Technical issue found for me on the Greenhouse level, just over half way through. I collected the mirror piece and placed it in the mirror, then it took me back to the Greenhouse so that I could 'clean' the other mirror to be transported to the next room, but it doesn't work. It's stuck. Nothing responds.
I'm finding there are a couple of issues I've had with BF games of late, especially with downloading new demos for them only to tell me my trial period had already expired, and I hadn't ever played them!
Can BF please explain the above issues? Things are beginning to become more than a little trying.....

Hi I am having the exact same issue. Stuck on the screenhouse screen and cannot get further because it still thinks I need to place the mirror shard, and I have already done that. It just ruined the game for me.

[Post New]by alphapard on Mar 29, 10 4:32 PM
why cant i light the candles in the living room 2 are lit the rest just wont light

[Post New]by RavensWings on Mar 30, 10 4:40 PM
Just strike more matches for the chandelier.

[Post New]by laramthun on Mar 30, 10 6:30 PM
sirenegold wrote:

I get to the wine, cork all the bottles, replace them in the wine collection, collect and place the shard and then the game stops and boots me out. When I resume, I'm back in the wine cellar and have to find, fill and cork all bottles again. Did this 3 times in row with no movement forward.

Great game but I won't buy until I've heard the glitches are gone.

Having same problem.

flablonde
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by flablonde on Mar 31, 10 12:58 AM
Disappointed terribly having paid $20 for the game. No matter how many times I reinstall, or cautiously try to put the hands on the clock.......they just fall off. And I used the help page, sent an email...............no reply. Not the typical good service I have come to expect from Big Fish.

[Post New]by mruedas on Mar 31, 10 2:28 AM
Having a problem at the armory. Instead of collecting both cartridges first and using them then, I first got the one in the drum, shot, then later got the bear's cartridge and shot. The cabinet didn't open, and now I'm stuck and can't do anything. Any tips? HELP, don't want to start over.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Mar 31, 10 4:00 AM
I played this game several times, and I encountered some intermittent glitches here and there. These glitches would show up in one profile but not in another.

For example, in the Armory (the hunter's room), I was able to pick up two sacks of powder. One was inside the knight's helmet in the close-up window, and the other was also in the knight's helmet, but in the main room view. So in my inventory, I had a big powder and a small powder. Of course, I was only able to use one (the big powder) and the small one stayed in my inventory until the end of the chapter. This only happened in one profile (Profile A) and did not happen in my other 2 profiles.

Another glitch I encountered was in the last chapter, the Sarcophagus. One of the shards I entered led me to the Toy Room, and in that room there was no sparkling area to click on. So I exited back to the Sarcophagus and chose other shards. In those rooms, I had no problem finding the zodiac signs. But when I went to the Toy Room again, it still had no sparkling area. I just kept clicking around blindly until I found the hidden object scene. This only happened in Profile B and not in the others.

The last glitch I encountered stopped me in my tracks completely. I was in the Garage, and I had just finished unscrewing and opening the grate. The shard was there, inside, ready for the taking. However, instead of picking up the shard, I accidentally clicked on the down arrow, and I was taken back to the garage. No problem, I thought, I'll just go under the car again. But I couldn't. Under the car, the compartment was empty, no shard. I couldn't zoom in, and couldn't do anything else in the room, except click around and have my screen shatter. I couldn't progress since the shard was gone, and I hadn't taken it. It just disappeared. This only happened in Profile C and not in the others. I had to abandon this profile, since it was stuck and couldn't go forward to the next chapter.

That last one was a bummer, but it didn't put me off from repeating and enjoying the rest of the game. The graphics were beautiful and the interactivity was very well thought out! Even with the little glitches, I still would recommend this to everyone and I'm glad I bought it!

Go to: