Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

Re:If You're New to Seasonal Events

[Post New]by Astra02 on Oct 15, 16 9:08 AM
One caution with the SE/ FE/ CE: make sure when deleting event friends after the event that it truly was an event friend. I had a long-time, regular friend accidentally delete me when they were purging their list of event friends, because I had th SE after my name. We caught it, thankfully.

The codes may be meant:
-for friends to see that you are playing the event, or
-for potential friends to see that you are open to making seasonal / non-gifting friends,
-or may indicate you are open to being removed when the event is over,

but your existing friends also see the tag.

KayteCat,

Excellent point. I added a line to reflect that.

Another caution about adding additional friends:
More than 95 friends caused my game to be very flakey - it was slooooow, it would freeze & I'd have to close it down, & my friends would disappear.
Sadly, I was forced to delete some of the SE friends I had added just to get it working again. I still feel bad I had to do that.

Desertdruid,

I mention that in the post, but it's at the bottom and easy to miss, so it bears repeating. I've had to delete friends as well for that reason. My game can take about 100 friends, so that's what I usually keep.

Astra

[Post New]by DelytForest on Oct 15, 16 9:37 AM
Thank you Astra02 for this helpful post. This will be the first time that
I'll be able to participate in any Special Event. All the thing you said
in the post, I'll be very mindful of. Thanx again.

DelyForest

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Oct 15, 16 5:22 PM
I have almost 300 friends and had over 300 during the SE event. The only trouble I have, is having to go in and out of my friend's list to get the whole thing to show. I exit out and in 3 times, then I accept my gifts, and finally go back and exit out and in the friend's list till I have them all there.

I play on the Surface Pro tablet (PC) which came with Windows 10. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but except for not being able to get the permission box so I can say yes when there is an update, my game is stable.

Happy gaming,
DeeJay46

Glendasd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Glendasd on Nov 14, 16 7:40 AM
Who is Dreadful Ginger and how do I get it/her/him? So appreciate an answer!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 14, 16 7:48 AM
Glendasd wrote:Who is Dreadful Ginger and how do I get it/her/him? So appreciate an answer!

Dreadful Ginger is one of the candies you get when you complete an HOS....it looks like a gingerbread cookie with a pumpkin head.

If you want to see what one looks like.....click on the kiddos (the Trick or Treaters) at the base of the castle on Castle Vicinity .... all the candies are along the bottom.

Also, you can open your friends page, click on your wish list, and use the search field to search for dreadful ginger.....all you need to type in is either dreadful or ginger and you will see the result.

....and....welcome to the forum Glendasd

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Dec 4, 16 10:12 AM
Nice post, Astra02 !

just adding:

During seasonal events, the morphing objects are worth double coins.

ozziebasia
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by ozziebasia on Dec 4, 16 8:49 PM
Astra02 wrote:
Wonderful synopsis, Astra!
One thing I would like to add - during the Event, the morphing objects drop twice the gold, & drop diamonds more often! Very helpful!

Desertdruid,

I had forgotten that! I'll add it to the post. Thank you!

Astra

WOW WOW WOW BRILLIANT WORK Astra02 Think you can be forgiven for forgetting about the morphing objects VERY IMPRESSIVE INDEED

Barb from Oz

shkspr2012
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by shkspr2012 on Dec 15, 16 6:55 PM
I need directions for gifting friends with pink boxes. I do not know how to go to friend's trees to leave gifts. I am also confused by posts I have seen that say boxes can only be left once per day-like regular gifts and posts that say on day one of the CE they have already left 35 gifts. I have over 800 and would like a shot at collecting Mrs. Claus. Thanks in advance for any help.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Dec 15, 16 7:56 PM
shkspr2012 wrote:I need directions for gifting friends with pink boxes. I do not know how to go to friend's trees to leave gifts. I am also confused by posts I have seen that say boxes can only be left once per day-like regular gifts and posts that say on day one of the CE they have already left 35 gifts. I have over 800 and would like a shot at collecting Mrs. Claus. Thanks in advance for any help.

In your game, click on the bright blue arrow near bottom right corner.
Then, click on the icon for private rooms...looks like a little house.

First room you see is yours.
Bottom middle of your private room is an on/off switch.
(turn it on to look at different parts of your room, purchase and select furniture to display.)

Be sure to have your room set to the Christmas scene for the entire Winter Event.
Move thru your rooms using thing at bottom left that looks like a jewelry box.

Click on your tree to collect gifts (left anonymously thru-out the day).

To find your friends' rooms...click on the pic of John at bottom right of your room.
You can scroll thru all your friends.
To leave a gift (pink box...once per day per friend) , click on their tree and follow prompts.

To leave the private rooms, X-out at top right.

Editing To Add:
you can gift way more pink boxes than you can the regular gifts, but you can still gift "regular" 15 per day...5 each per 8 hours...timing varies by your time zone.

PINK BOX GIFTS: you can gift as many as boxes and friends as you have...for example, if you have 80 friends, you can gift them all...once per day...your choice.
It is totally anonymous...you don't know what is in the box, they don't know who left it.
AND: for every pink box you give, you GET a Santa Medallion...win, win.
AND, this year...you can trade 5 items for a new pink box. (look for the children in front of the airship).

Edited on 12/15/2016 at 8:17:59 PM PST

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Dec 15, 16 8:24 PM
WOW WOW WOW BRILLIANT WORK Astra02 Think you can be forgiven for forgetting about the morphing objects VERY IMPRESSIVE INDEED

Barb from Oz

Nice post, Astra02 !

All,

I just saw that this thread was making the rounds again, and I'm blushing! I just wanted to help. I know that seasonal events can be overwhelming for first-timers!

Astra

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Dec 16, 16 8:32 AM
Nice, Astra.

Let's hope more new players find help easily.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Feb 24, 17 9:38 AM

Missed last spring and just noticed the terrace in the
spring room.
Was it there last year and how many keys will it need?

=v= ?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 24, 17 9:42 AM
pamkatz wrote:
Missed last spring and just noticed the terrace in the
spring room.
Was it there last year and how many keys will it need?

=v= ?

from A.e.grams, NEW strategy guide, page 2...

Spring Room –
Pet cushion - 0 keys to unlock -- one upgrade: fancy pillow for 100 shards
Hanging eggs - 0 keys -- 3 upgrades: small basket (100 shards); basket with red ribbon (500 shards); basket with light blue bow (5000 coins)
Wind vane - 1 key -- one upgrade: Rooster wind vane for 5000 coins
Nest / Lantern - 3 keys -- 3 upgrades: paper lantern (500 shards); wooden nest (3000 coins); egg type nest (1000 shards)
Wicker chair - 5 keys -- 3 upgrades: Mermaid (500 shards); hammock (1500 shards); see saw (10 diamonds)
- 3 keys -- 3 upgrades: wheelbarrow (500 shards); sculpted bush (500 shards); 2 gnomes with bush (10 diamonds)

and yes, it was there last year...

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 24, 17 10:16 AM
The post immediately after the one gohill copied explains the Christmas and Spring rooms a bit more......

Annelliegram wrote:Features of each room include:

Christmas Room – You can click on a friend’s tree and leave them a gift under the tree. They receive some in-game item and you receive a Santa’s medallion as a thank you. The “gifts” are the Gift for a Friend pink boxes you occasionally receive at the completion of an HOS. The gifts are anonymous – the recipient never knows who’s gift gave them what. Also, you can click on your own tree (when presents are under the tree) to retrieve the gifts you received from friends.

Spring Room – There is a terrace off to the mid-right side. You can enter the terrace of a friend to play the HOS in this location. (It costs no keys to enter/open the Terrace.) Some of the items you need for achievements and pets are only available by entering the terrace HOS. You can also enter the terrace in your own Spring room. You can enter each terrace HOS one time during the 24-hour GMT day.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Feb 24, 17 12:35 PM
Annelliegram wrote:The post immediately after the one gohill copied explains the Spring rooms a bit more.

Spring Room –
There is a terrace off to the mid-right side. You can enter the terrace of a friend to play the HOS in this location. (It costs no keys to enter/open the Terrace.) Some of the items you need for achievements and pets are only available by entering the terrace HOS. You can also enter the terrace in your own Spring room. You can enter each terrace HOS one time during the 24-hour GMT day.

Thank you, that answers my question about the terrace, had already figured out the spring room.
Quite a departure, putting a HOS in a private room.
Should we expect one in the xmas room and the first room also this coming year?
And why not Trina's room also?
=v= ?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 24, 17 4:11 PM
pamkatz wrote:

Thank you, that answers my question about the terrace, had already figured out the spring room.
Quite a departure, putting a HOS in a private room.
Should we expect one in the xmas room and the first room also this coming year?<---well, your guess would be as good as anyone else's. Many of the things I was CERTAIN would happen -- didn't. All we can do is just wait and see. My personal preference would be to see some game content developed before private rooms are added or enhanced.
And why not Trina's room also?

Edited on 02/24/2017 at 4:13:09 PM PST

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 6, 17 5:47 PM
All,

Reactivating for the Spring Event, with updates to reflect the new "collectibles" feature.

Astra

ibdapita
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by ibdapita on Apr 9, 17 7:18 PM
How do you get the suns?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 9, 17 7:21 PM
ibdapita wrote:How do you get the suns?

Morphing eggs will sometimes yield suns... also 20 coins, eggs.... they used to also yield flowers but I have not seen a flower reward as of yet....

ds1624
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by ds1624 on Apr 9, 17 7:56 PM
Another tip for you - when you get close to completing your Ladies/Lords/Creatures collection, you can be a little choosy with which orbs you click on. If you are looking for Ladies, they are in the purple orbs, the Lords are in the blue orbs, and the Creatures are in the green orbs. Hope this helps you out.Happy Hunting1

Go to: