laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Re:Post any Happyville: Quest for Utopia technical issues here only

[Post New]by laeddie on Mar 31, 10 9:22 AM
When I play the game it freezes for about 10 seconds and then play resumes. This happens periodically and frankly becomes annoying. All my windows 7 systems are current so I have unistalled this game until a fix is completed.I mean Windows XP

Edited on 03/31/2010 at 1:15:03 PM PST

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Mar 31, 10 11:07 PM
I have been playing the demo for 45 mins and haven't gotten any errors but I am up to 50 people, a municipality, but no matter what level I get to, the plane and banner always say HAMLET.

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on Apr 1, 10 1:54 PM
I also have the same error message so what will happen? will BFG come up with something to help us out or can we have our mony back?

[Post New]by AJs_Sister on Apr 1, 10 7:44 PM
Today is April first and I'm getting sprite messages too. connection?

[Post New]by Jeannieg43 on Apr 2, 10 11:47 AM
I keep checking these boards too see if they have Happyville fixed yet.
I see that they have not. I sent in a email with the Dr. Felix report attached on the 30th. I got a complimentary coupon code for a free game for my patience but, I'd really rather have the game fixed so I can play it.
I did try that suggestion that someone gave for playing in zoom in rather than zoom out, and that seems to work for awhile anyway. I just really want them to fix it so I can continue playing without all the drama.

[Post New]by tankgirlb on Apr 2, 10 8:34 PM
I got the sprite, a Hamlet, and some oddly LARGE trees before it crashed on me too. PLEASE FIX!

[Post New]by wiclassact on Apr 4, 10 9:51 PM
The same error code (Manager is out of sprites) is occurring for me too. In the beginning, it popped up occasionally, but it is now happening each time I play. This always results in the game crashing. Makes it all pretty frustrating. I know my computer has the most up-to-date version of direct-x, etc.

The game also hangs intermittently for 10-20 seconds at a time. Not as frustrating as the constant crashing, but still an annoyance.

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on Apr 5, 10 7:38 AM
Where can I Complain about Happyville not working I want my mony back for that game?

[Post New]by mermaidkitty on Apr 6, 10 1:10 PM
This is so cute, but I'm disappointed. You can't do a pretty layout. I spent a lot of time trying to organize my city nicely but you only get a certain amount of space.

I will have to start over because there is no one to win the game now and I've been wasting a lot of time knocking down and cramming buildings together. Which is very disappointing.

Are there any plans to make the playing area bigger? That way even after you completed all the tasks you could keep playing and make a city that suited your taste. That would expand the game beyond the normal.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Apr 6, 10 3:37 PM
Still no fix?! I submitted a Dr Felix report a while ago and have gotten no reply - no refund - no fix - no nothing. I'm not happy about my experience here.

Edited on 04/06/2010 at 3:37:53 PM PST

[Post New]by pebbles_10 on Apr 8, 10 3:02 PM
I to am having trouble with this game, I also updated the game and still getting the error message. this is not the only game I get this message from either, apart from that the game would be a great game to get. thanks bf I think its time for you to listen to what is happening here

[Post New]by bexley9 on Apr 16, 10 4:43 AM
Downloaded the trial, liked it, bought it. Played fine all of last night - closed and re-opened a number of times for different reasons.

Come to play today and my loading screen freezes every time, so I can't play.

Wishing I'd not bothered to buy it now.

First game I've bought from here, and I'm not entirely sure who to speak to to get it sorted.

[Post New]by dyermaker on Nov 24, 10 3:49 PM
I wanted to try this game, so I downloaded the trial. When I open up the game, it tells me to put my name in, so I do and I press "Okay" or whatever it is. But then it says "Sorry, you need a profile to continue" and it never goes any further.

drgnstrm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drgnstrm on May 4, 11 1:12 PM
I tried it seems like a fun game but it wont run in full screen mode a little annoying playing in a tiny screen, it just says can not find compatible screen resolution, nothing worked so I think I will wait to purchase it until improvements are made.

[Post New]by scottyang1323 on Jul 3, 12 10:47 PM
Its says coudent find a working resolution how do i fix this?

Go to: