BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Welcome to Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 29, 10 1:59 PM
jdelbove wrote:I have been to every area of the game 3x but can't find any more hidden objects to give me any more tools.

Click on the Inspect button on the bottom left of your screen. That shows you the only areas that are currently active, meaning the only place you should look for new objects.

If that fails, check the walkthrough. The link is in one of the top stickied posts on this forum.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose forum

[Post New]by jdelbove on Mar 30, 10 8:37 AM
Hi and thanks so much for your quick response. As for the inspect button & the walk throughn neither one seems to be helpful because I don't have the items they say to use & I can't find them, no matter where I go back to look. Sooo,,I just seem to be at an impasse in this game, nor can I go any further in this game.

I cannot find a tool to open up the owl, I cannot find a tool to cut through the brambles and all I have left in my inventory is the Doll & the Potion coin. I have been to every area of the game 3x but can't find any more hidden objects to give me any more tools. I also cannot find anything to remove the brick in the wishing well either. (should I just kill myself NOW?)

I also have problems with game loading and appearing in my games manager. More often than not, I have to restart my computer for it to work.

Any help in continuing this game would really be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again......JoAnne

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 30, 10 9:11 AM
Place the doll in the puppet theater, then go into the other room and place the potion coin on the door. It will open a new area for you.

[Post New]by Bettz11 on Apr 2, 10 9:09 PM
Faylyn wrote:I loved the demo and am on my way to buy this game now! Thank you ! If anyone has a screen resolution setting they can suggest, please let me know. You can post dimensions here or send me a message. My screen is missing about 1/4 inch each side which means I have to use a hint to locate some objects. Other than that everything is perfect

When my game does that, I open options, uncheck full screen and then recheck full screen. After that the game is full screen hope it works for you.

Bettz11

[Post New]by jnwhitener on Apr 3, 10 4:57 AM
This really wasn't the greatest game I've played. It's only took me a little over an hour to beat it on regular mode and a little longer on hard mode. Wished it was longer. Not sure if it was worth the seven dollars.

[Post New]by nzhappyfish on Apr 3, 10 6:12 PM
Hi,
Could someone tell me what the screen resolution is for Curse of Briar Rose? I keep getting a split screen even though I've tried a number of settings.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Apr 3, 10 6:28 PM
Hi nzhappyfish, welcome to the forum! The resolution for this is 1024 x 768.

[Post New]by riesen6 on Apr 4, 10 4:48 AM
I am being led to the area right near the graves. There is a black rose which I got and there is a white rose. I have nowhere to go from here. What is the next step.

[Post New]by skyflyer2 on Apr 4, 10 9:44 AM
Love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's fun, not too difficult and I'm really enjoying it. Keep up the great work BF

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 4, 10 11:22 PM
riesen6 wrote:I am being led to the area right near the graves. There is a black rose which I got and there is a white rose. I have nowhere to go from here. What is the next step.

What do you have in your inventory?

[Post New]by vamperilla on Apr 8, 10 9:08 PM
Got a star disk, white rose disk, and hammer. I saw where it said to complete chapter. Which was cemetary. Use the key to unlock elevator. (looked something like that) and now nothing has happened. If anyone can help please do so. It keeps showing the cemetary on to go to another chapter. Done that but it hasn't gone away. Really need help. Been everywhere and nothing is different.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 9, 10 2:26 AM
Before you go through that gate, you have to have the black rose and the white rose. The black rose is in the stables (in the iron room), the white rose comes from the game where you place the disks. If you need more than two disks to complete that game, you need to look around for more. The game only accepts the disk that it's asking for, via the riddle when you click on the center box.

Check the walkthrough if you're unsure of what you need to do next.

[Post New]by vamperilla on Apr 9, 10 2:19 PM
Thanks. Got the black rose already put it where it belongs. But can't find anymore disks. I have the star and white rose disks. Can't find anything different. I don't have the walkthrough. Didn't buy it.

shadowind
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shadowind on May 6, 10 9:04 AM
ok i completed the hard game i didnt get a map think i should have? i have opened secret room and found stone frog now i am at a loss as what to do next any suggestions?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 6, 10 5:05 PM
Nothing happens after you open the door other than that you can look at the concept drawings on the wall. The map and the pigeon are probably for the sequel.

shadowind
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shadowind on May 6, 10 11:57 PM
tnx BinLa r u sure? cos when u look in inventuries it shows 3 ppl in cemetary and some other changes princess is supposed to give a map and carrier pigeons have something to do with finding the living frog prince? shadow

Edited on 05/07/2010 at 12:07:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Tootsietwo on Jun 1, 10 9:03 PM
I am stuck. I have the rose potion and one white rose in my posession but I can't find the key to go down in the doorway by the Kings tomb. I don't know if my program is locked up or if I just cant' find it. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose forum

[Post New]by twoo59 on Jul 9, 10 7:25 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
stuck at the well can
t get door open

Ramlynne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Ramlynne on Feb 26, 11 12:56 PM
This was just an okay game for me. I know it's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions! I am not a fan of gathering pieces. I do like HOG's better. I think the story line was good and I played in the hard mode and didn't have to look at the strategy guide at all, which for me, means too easy. I found that the layout of the game didn't flow that well. You have to keep checking the map to see where you were and where you needed to go. It was an okay game - not worth being a CE game. I think that BFG are putting too many games out there with CE for more money and about a year ago, they would have been just regular games. Okay, enough rant for today. I am off to play the next game, Serpent of Isis, which I can buy with one of my credits, thank God.

I hope other people enjoy Dark Parables. I have to say it is a different game and diversity is a good thing.

[Post New]by dawnmac295 on Aug 29, 11 8:36 AM
I cant find key at the graveyard been through areas to many times now can anyone help

Go to: