Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

Re:Post any Island: The Lost Medallion technical issues here only

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Mar 28, 10 3:36 PM
"Error: Access violation at 0x0264EFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated."

I get this same message for Eden's Quest. I just updated my video card driver but it still won't work. I wish I were more computer savvy.

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 3:36:56 PM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 28, 10 4:45 PM
Hey Fishies,

We're going to do a bit more investigation on this issue and we need your help. If after checking for driver updates and adjusting AV software or live scans you're still receiving an Access Violation error, we'd like to ask you to please send a Dr. Felix diagnostic report in to Customer Support so we can gather more information on this issue.

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.

2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.

3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.

4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the ‘Next’ button.

5. A .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.

6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

I want to reiterate that if you're uncomfortable with any of the above steps, just shoot an email to Customer Support or hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 4:46:07 PM PST

[Post New]by buttermilk2 on Mar 28, 10 7:27 PM
Why is it that all the good games DO NOT have the option to turn off the custom cursor!!!!!!! It's the only issue I have with these games - the "floating" cursor!!!

PLEASE Big Fish - Make it a requirement of your game developers!!!

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 7:28:08 PM PST

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Mar 28, 10 7:41 PM
What a shame! I was excited to try. This was the first game from Big Fish that would not properly run. I am on Vista and have not had problems with any other game. Well maybe it will get fixed!

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Mar 28, 10 9:50 PM
This is a beautiful game to look at and I'm enjoying it. I have bought it, but the strangest thing happened to me at the start. I had no sound at all, even though on the options, the sound was to the max, then about half way through the first scene, the music got louder and louder and then voila - full sound??!

It was very delayed at the beginning, as others speak about with the hanging cursor etc - but from the second scene on - I haven't had a problem - it's been playing fine.

I just thought I would mention it in case other fishies have the same problem. Seemed to work itself out? Very weird.

Hailstar07
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Hailstar07 on Mar 29, 10 1:55 AM
I am running Vista too, and was just getting a blank screen on trying to play, and would have to CTRL+ALT+Del out, which then said the program was not responding.

I've submitted a Dr Felix report, but then tried it in XP Compatibility mode, which caused an access violation error.

I've tried the other fixes suggested in Help too, so I'm just really hoping CS can sort it out for us, as I stupidly bought the game without demoing *facepalm*. It seems that on the few occasions I lapse and do that, I have technical issues. You'd think I would have learnt by now!

starkops
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by starkops on Mar 29, 10 6:42 AM
I got a black screen too.

Have downloaded and redownloaded several times.

during other attempts, I got the "Error: Access violation at 0x0264EFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated." message.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Mar 29, 10 6:51 AM
I wonder if any one else had this problem. i downloaded the game, but the violation thing came up, so i deleted and downloaded it again. now it says that my trial version is over and i didn't even play it. i never even got the game running. don't know how to fix that. kinda a bummer, as the game looked interesting and i buy alot of games from big fish!!!!

je11ybean
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by je11ybean on Mar 29, 10 1:29 PM
Hailstar07 wrote:I am running Vista too, and was just getting a blank screen on trying to play, and would have to CTRL+ALT+Del out, which then said the program was not responding.

I've submitted a Dr Felix report, but then tried it in XP Compatibility mode, which caused an access violation error.

I've tried the other fixes suggested in Help too, so I'm just really hoping CS can sort it out for us, as I stupidly bought the game without demoing *facepalm*. It seems that on the few occasions I lapse and do that, I have technical issues. You'd think I would have learnt by now!

I also bought the game without demoing as the springfever offer was about to end and now I can't download it. It downloads in slow motion and when it finally installs it won't work. This time it's been downloading most of the afternoon and evening and is still only at 53% whereas most other games download fine. I am also on Vista and all other games have worked fine. Pity!

[Post New]by Jan148 on Mar 29, 10 2:00 PM
I also have Vista, and can not get the game to work. I tried 3x, and am giving up. It was not the game for me, I guess!

jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Time's up

[Post New]by jujus1a on Mar 29, 10 5:22 PM
I downloaded this game and when I went to play it it said that my time was up.
That has got me stumped as I did not even get to push the play button, let alone being able to make any valid comment on the game

[Post New]by nmblair on Mar 29, 10 5:51 PM
I use Vista and have downloaded and played six other games with no problems. This one locks up whenever I ask for a hint as to where the boomerang is located. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still have the same problem. Let me know if there is a solution or if I can get another game to play.

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Mar 29, 10 5:58 PM
I could exit the game by switching off computer.Not happy with that! Needless to say game is deleted

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 29, 10 10:42 PM
solarsarah wrote:I am receiving an "Error Access Violation at 0x0248EFAE" when trying to launch in a Windows Vista environment.

Same here. Last time I had that happen instead of choosing "close program" I clicked "let Windows find solution to problem" & I got the Blue Screen of Death. So I just closed out & uninstalled posthaste. I'm not going to attempt to pl;ay a game that is going to crash my pc.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Mar 31, 10 6:13 AM
well, i am still having problems. next day and 4 redownloads later i still get access violation. So, i thought ok, i'll try a different game and tried titanic. that was a bummer as i still got the same thing. I didn't have this problem 3 days ago. now i'm afraid to try to download anything. very bummed that i still pay for bf with these kinds of issues!!!

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Mar 31, 10 6:45 PM
Also got the access violation error. I haven't had problems with any other game on here, nor many other games that require a lot more from video cards.

Too bad since it sounded like an interesting game. But this makes it a definite no buy for me.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Apr 1, 10 4:59 AM
I have Vista and the game will not start. I get a message that island.exe has stopped working. This issue hasn't happened in quite a while, and I've written to CS.

[Post New]by cjs611 on Apr 1, 10 5:21 AM
I am getting a "Microsoft Windows has stopped working" message after downloading this game as well as Dark Parables and Hidden Mysteries-Titanic. Has anyone else had this problem?

[Post New]by starlightsaffron on Apr 1, 10 7:46 AM
chapter 15. It seems to be stuck! I placed all the vases and filled with water, and I am pretty sure I had just started the light sequence bit with the vases when I had to sign out of the game to go out.

Now when I go back I can't do anything! Clicking on back left vase I get the guy at the top saying 'something used to be standing here' which is what it was saying before the vases were found, completed and placed. All vases are in place!

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppp please! I don't want to have to start again

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Apr 2, 10 2:58 PM
I demo'd this & bought after about 40 mins. Now I cannot launch the game - I get a black screen and a cursor, and when I go to Windows Task Manager it is shown as "not responding"! Any ideas what the dickens might be the problem? The demo worked perfectly, so I am a bit perplexed...

Go to: