ptoretti
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ptoretti on Nov 5, 16 11:36 AM
I also can't get the SG screen shots to enlarge. I will try this suggestion.

ptoretti
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ptoretti on Nov 5, 16 11:39 AM
I'm on a PC, not a MAC, but twice I had had the screen freeze on me. Cursor still moves around but I can't select anything, nor exit the game, even using CTL+ESC. I have to power off. Running Windows 10 on a HP laptop.

ETA: CTL+ESC now seems to work to take me to the desk top, where I can close the game from the task bar, then start it up again. Many locks seem to occur after finishing some action in a pop up window. I'd really like a refund here, esp at a CE price.

Edited on 11/05/2016 at 9:52:43 PM PST

Eileen266
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Eileen266 on Nov 5, 16 11:51 AM
Like everyone else, the game keeps crashing. Very frustrating. Mac 1.12.1

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Nov 5, 16 12:03 PM
Mac 10.12.1 - I am about 2/3 through the game and it has crashed about 8 times. It seems that all the crashes have happened during a cut scene. When I restart, I am back a few steps from where I was.

lordofys
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lordofys on Nov 5, 16 3:45 PM
Like the other Mac users, the game crashed repeatedly. The last time, I was in what I assume was the final scene. When I restarted, instead of starting just a little back from where the crash recurred, I got the message that I had successfully completed the main game. I really don't know if I missed any last tasks or not. Also, when I got to the little cabin protected by the lances tied together, the scissors I had obtained from a previous HOS were no longer in my inventory. I went back to where that HOS was, but it was no longer available. I had to restart the game all over under a new profile. It was a really nice game. But it would have been a lot more fun without the glitches.

dancote
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dancote on Nov 6, 16 7:38 AM
Can't get the hacksaw after I complete the mosaic puzzle in the stairway of the tower. I can see it but can't select it. Needless to say, all progress is halted.
WIN 10 64 bit is up to date as are all drivers.

[Post New]by DarkSnowWhite on Nov 6, 16 9:55 AM
I am mac user- Have Sierra version 10.12.1 game keeps repeatedly crashing since I downloaded it.. Extremely frustrating.

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

keeps crashing

[Post New]by ruthkr on Nov 6, 16 12:31 PM
I am also getting constant crashes on MAC 10.11.6. I will ask for a refund and uninstall. I am remembering the same issues with other Vendel games. BFG should not be selling Mac approved games that don't work, it's just frustrating.

[Post New]by plays2much on Nov 7, 16 8:54 PM
Crashing for me too (Mac). I'm enjoying the game when I can play it but very disappointing that Big Fish allows the quality issues to get by them. Should test before releasing! I also paid for this game and now I'm wishing I hadn't.

momoftoad
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by momoftoad on Nov 7, 16 10:29 PM
Played the minigame to get the hacksaw, but can't pick up the hacksaw. So sad - I can't progress and farther in the game!

[Post New]by DarkSnowWhite on Nov 8, 16 5:36 AM
Mac Player

System Sierra version 10.12.1

This game is SOOOOOO glitchy! Really frustrating I have installed and reinstalled. Updated Adobe as per the norm and everything is all up to add etc.

Why does this keep happening? Big Fish please stop promoting new games and getting people to purchase them when there are soooooo many faults and tech issues.

It is an ongoing trend when purchasing games and regardless of whether on offer or a BOGOF deal etc it still is very poor service.

Can you not move with the times/ Especially for us iMac users , we always seem to get the tech issue and glitches and freezes...

Not Cool Big Fish! Not Cool

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 8, 16 12:47 PM
Hello Everybody,

First of all, thank you so much for your patience while waiting on a reply and also for taking the time to report these issues here. I am going to do my best to try to help out and will also provide how to reach out to our Support Team, just in case more help is necessary.

If you are playing on a Mac and are seeing the game crash, the following page can help with troubleshooting that issue:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If you are running Windows and are seeing the game crash, the following page has steps to try to troubleshoot that issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For players that see issues with their inventory disappearing, players that see the hint button not working, or if the above steps do not seem to work, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report any issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM any of our active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

dancote
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dancote on Nov 8, 16 1:18 PM
dancote wrote:Can't get the hacksaw after I complete the mosaic puzzle in the stairway of the tower. I can see it but can't select it. Needless to say, all progress is halted.
WIN 10 64 bit is up to date as are all drivers.

Re-started the game as a new user and it played all the way through. [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 11/10/2016 at 12:12:02 PM PST

jaf21
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by jaf21 on Nov 9, 16 11:15 AM
Yes this game crashes often on Mac 10.11.6. I'm dealing with that. In the dungeon, there the hint completely won't work. I've gone to easy setup, and it doesn't do anything. Your walk through shows getting the mask and cheese, but it doesn't happen after solving a HOP. A big problem

[Post New]by hedgie601 on Nov 10, 16 9:02 AM
I can't get the hacksaw either. I am completely stuck -- unable to do anything else without the hacksaw. I am using up to date Windows 10 with a Nvidia graphics card and driver.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Nov 10, 16 12:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in here to provide help for these issues being discussed here.

jaf21, I'm sorry to hear that the game has been crashing and that the hint button isn't working. What I encourage in this situation is to try the steps in the following help article. These help make sure the game has the resources it needs to run correctly, and can help if a game function isn't functioning properly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

hedgie601, I understand that you're seeing trouble collecting the Hacksaw in the game. It looks like dancote was able to get around this by starting the game as a new user. This can often help when progression in a game is blocked in some way, and if you're interested I would suggest giving it a try.

If anyone is seeing a persisting technical issue the Moderation Team recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always willing to help and have tools that are needed to investigate issues like this.

I also wanted to post a quick reminder of the Forum Rules to keep in mind. Specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

We ask that users please refrain from including profanity, such as inappropriate acronyms, in their posts. This way we can help make sure that the forums stay respectful and comfortable for everyone who wants to participate.

Thank you all for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 11/10/2016 at 12:27:52 PM PST

[Post New]by BlackGarnet on Nov 11, 16 5:53 PM
On a Dell laptop, running Windows 10. Going from the trial to purchase (well it seemed like a good move), It failed to complete the download (at 99%), had to uninstall/ reinstall the game manager, downloaded the game again, and now it won't play. I can hear the click, I see the little spin, but then nothing opens.

[Post New]by dbchun on Nov 11, 16 6:47 PM
Skip does not work. Running Windows 10.

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Nov 12, 16 8:13 AM
I have a Mac. I can't begin to count the number of times I've been booted out of the game. I am on my 3rd restart as a new user.

I give up. I will never buy another game from this developer unless this one is fixed. I'm not going to "troubleshoot" Hasn't worked before so I so no reason why it should now.

Dr Felix has not solved any of my issues before. I may do it to get a credit for another game.

Really, really disappointed.

[Post New]by Inslia on Nov 13, 16 5:50 AM
Having issues with game play. When ever a popup window appears in game after interacting with the window the game pointer goes transparent and wont let me interact with anything else the only way to to get out is ctrl-alt-del. Mostly this has worked and on reentering the game I can continue from that point but I have reached a window which doesn't hold the interaction (after reloading) and once it's done the arrow goes transparent and none active. This has been happening on both Win 7 and Win 10 as I upgraded in the last 24hrs and was playing the game whilst waiting on stuff. I have also reinstalled and still no good. At this point I am now unable progress with the game as I need to interact with the window and have completed all other tasks in the area.

Go to: