Re:Welcome to Hidden Mysteries: The Fateful Voyage - Titanic forum

[Post New]by joannab on Dec 26, 10 10:35 AM
Okay, I usually don't leave reviews but I can't help this one.
I've played a LOT of HOG/adventure games and this one was probably my least favorite, ever. It's actually not a bad game, and mostly well done, but just not for me.

I got really annoyed at the main character's snotty, self-congratulatory tone when she (I) solved a puzzle that made no sense whatsoever. She also snaps at you whenever you don't apply the correct object to the correct place, etc. which you have to do a lot because the puzzles are sometimes totally random objects and objectives with no clues. I spent half my time looking on the walk through, which I hardly ever do in playing games --not because the puzzles are hard, but because they don't make any sense.
She also spends the entire time the ship is sinking running inane errands for other people, and her husband is a total jerk. Then at the end, the bonus level is the captain's (who is a ghost, I guess?) depressing opinions of how things should have/could have been. Not my favorite game. Why can't there be more Dire Groves and RtR types out there?

[Post New]by rwcoates1 on Jan 26, 11 2:34 PM
This game is the biggest buggiest piece of crap I ever bought from these guys. I had the same problem with the lip stick took forever to finally get the eagle to grab it. Now I can't drop the egg in the basket, and who the hell came up with this woman's voice? She is really annoying. I'm taking this game off of my computer.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jun 4, 11 7:24 AM
Thanks for some of those great tips just purchased the game with your help.Happy Gaming

[Post New]by grannieshirl on Jun 4, 11 1:09 PM
Hello,

I am having a problem with the shuffle board. I have tried and tried to get the Stewart. All I get is "I almost stepped on it". I tried skipping the game but nothing happens. Please help me get beyond this part.

[Post New]by Spearmint05 on Jun 5, 11 1:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I am totally baffled by what has happened since I downloaded Hidden Mysteries Titanic Fateful Voyage and another game called Mirror Mixup. After downloading both games Mirror Mixup worked fine and was able to play MM from the game manager but wasn't able to with Hidden Mysteries Titanic. A box kept coming up for HMT saying there was an access violation ----------program terminated. I tried it through the start menu but no luck. I uninstalled both games and reinstalled (after finding out I couldn't just reinstall one, it had to be both at the same time since they were ordered together), but the access violation box still kept coming up. I finally went through the start menu to HMT and right clicked on it and then clicked on open file location and then clicked on Titanic in the list with the little red flag next to it and it opened! So I was opening the game by going the long way around and now today out of curiosity I clicked on HMT in the start up menu and it worked. So I tried the game manager, too. It worked. Now its opening the game for me like nothing was ever wrong. First it doesn't open, now it does. .......??????????? And why when you order two games if one doesn't work why can't you only reinstall THE ONE that doesn't work instead of having to reinstall both that you ordered? Thanks for any help.
Edit: I'm using Vista.
Edit #2: Now it's not working again. I just tried it not too long ago and it opened for me. What is going on!!

Edited on 06/05/2011 at 1:23:13 PM PST

Dendale
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Dendale on Jun 5, 11 6:23 PM
Grannieshirl: You need to use a puck made of ice. It has something to do with your glass of water and the cold storage room.

Dendale
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Dendale on Jun 5, 11 9:33 PM
This game has a lot of fun stuff about it. But it gets awfully silly at the end. The ship is sinking, right? Hundreds of lives, including your own, are in danger. So what to do? Oh, you have to stop and arrange 5 bottles of wine you happen to find; you have to prepare a drink for your already drunk jerk of a husband (go ahead and sink with the ship, you idiot, you want to say) and you have to stop and help a doctor apply a bandage to a little boy's burned leg, as if that's more important than saving his life. hehe. But if you, like me, like to find hidden objects and solve puzzles (though sometimes irrelevant to the story) it's an amusing venture, worth the 2.99 I paid, anyway.

[Post New]by heavensake on Jul 18, 11 12:27 PM
I havea tried and tried to get into the coat room, but cannot find the code. Also, tried to feed pigeons but to no avail. Went from room to room and all I get in the hint is "nothing to do here." Can't get past first class room. Did library, etc, but no cando. Stupid game.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 3, 12 4:39 PM
Bgh4rjh wrote:I didn't have problems with the cig crate but when I got to the eagle, the hint showed the lipstick but the eagle wouldn't grab it or whatever he is supposed to do. Also, with the nest, the hint shows the egg but then nothing happens when I try to place the egg. Am I forgetting to do something?

At first I had a problem with the eagle taking the lipstick but then realized that it'd only take it with its right talon and then it has to be placed on the nest twig BEFORE you can place the egg inside the nest.

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 3, 12 4:41 PM
Bgh4rjh wrote:I didn't have problems with the cig crate but when I got to the eagle, the hint showed the lipstick but the eagle wouldn't grab it or whatever he is supposed to do. Also, with the nest, the hint shows the egg but then nothing happens when I try to place the egg. Am I forgetting to do something?

At first I had a problem with the eagle taking the lipstick but then realized that it'd only take it with its right talon and then the eagle has to be placed on the nest twig BEFORE you can place the egg inside the nest

MEnr56

Edited on 04/03/2012 at 4:42:03 PM PST

[Post New]by carrieann70 on May 15, 12 12:08 PM
I'm through everything , stuck in the kitchen, problem with dumbwaiter, no up , no down, pot of potatoes...unable to go any further then up the stairs to the kitchen and down the stairs to go no where...help please get me out of here....thanks...

[Post New]by jawt57 on Oct 9, 12 3:31 PM
I can't even get on the ship ... can't get the crank handle to work ... getting frustrated... want another game ... can i trade this game for another one?????

[Post New]by jawt57 on Oct 9, 12 3:34 PM
please answer question... can i trade this game for another one .... it is just a pain and i just wanted a fun game to play...

Go to: