Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for 'The Fateful Voyage - Titanic'

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Mar 29, 10 8:15 AM
I've got this game already and totally love it...

A big thumbs up from me...

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Mar 29, 10 8:18 AM
joyce2121 wrote:
Didn't Spring Fever end yesterday?

Not right away it didn't. I also managed to pick this one up with the sale coupon code.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 29, 10 8:25 AM
I agree with most of the negative comments about this game. It's a no go for me. Sorry.

[Post New]by HLMyers on Mar 29, 10 8:49 AM
I bought this game for the DS a few months ago for $10. Played it, beat it in about 90 minutes, thought it was WAY to short and not very difficult. Let my Mom have it, thinking she would enjoy it a bit more, as she is not a heavy duty "gamer"-she's 67. She beat the game in record time and called me to ask if she had done something wrong, because it was over so soon!!??!! I kinda thought that was funny. So, disappointed over all.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 29, 10 8:59 AM
Faylyn wrote:I agree with most of the negative comments about this game. It's a no go for me. Sorry.

Me too!!!

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Mar 29, 10 9:25 AM
Fantastic game, hidden object, puzzles, plenty of interaction! Good length as well, really enjoyed this game. More like this please.

Angie

BoboKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by BoboKat on Mar 29, 10 10:07 AM
Played full hour of demo and didn't get very far. Nice graphics and wasn't too diffucult to find things in **** parts, but I thought there was way too much yakking! The premise was good but not good enough for me to buy. When I couldn't figure out what to do next the hint really wasn't much help. I paid attention to characters for clues, but still all in all it was kind of vague. I got annoyed with our main female character getting annoyed with me! lol.
I'll wait for something better (soon I hope).
BoboKat

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 29, 10 10:55 AM
wow, very mixed reviews on this one. I look forward to trying the demo when I get home from work.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Mar 29, 10 10:58 AM
Not for me.

Sound - The constant talking and the background noice (music, talking, etc) was almost an instant turn off. But I kept playing hoping it would get better.

Movement Between Scenes & Interaction -- I love moving from one scene to the next in a game and interactive opportunities is always a plus, BUT in this game, neither made sense. Yes you get a map to tell you where you are, but so what? Where the heck do you go? There seemed to be little reason to the game plan.

Hidden Objectives -- When you could find the hot spots to play the hidden objectives scenes, the objects were fairly easy to find HOWEVER, it would be nice if they objects were appropriate for the time period.

Hints and Timing -- No timing so you have all the time in the world to play, if you don't become frustrated and quick the game. The hints are of the recharging type. They recharge quickly.

This game does not get my approval. -- Poor storyline, poor instructions and lack of gameplan direction.

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Mar 29, 10 11:27 AM
Played it months ago and thought it lame then so I have to agree with Poodlebear and other fishies on their comments..

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 29, 10 11:51 AM
What a pickle... I like the length of the game but I too find it frustrating. I agree with Poodlebear - peace sign in 1910? And no one else has mentioned how long it takes the game to fade out and in to the next scene. Is that just happening on my computer - Windows 7? It's very annoying. I like the ambiance, the graphics and music are ok. The best part is the voice overs which I think are really very good. On the other hand I doubt a young lad would have told an elegant lady to get stuffed in the early 1900's. And dropping a crate of cigarettes goes unnoticed? What planet are they on?

I still have 30 minutes left in the demo. I'll carry on to the end of the demo and see if i change my mind to buy this game. At this point I'm on the fence.

????

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Mar 29, 10 11:54 AM
Poodlebear has it down pat! I would like to add that I absolutely love adventure/IHOG's so this was an extreme disappointment for me.

basiakosia
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by basiakosia on Mar 29, 10 12:03 PM
I bought this for my DS and really didn't like it. DL the demo thinking it might be better on the PC. No such luck. This has to be one of the worst games I've played.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Mar 29, 10 12:39 PM
Very annoying game lasted 25mins of demo.Too much yakking! Really turns you off.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 29, 10 12:42 PM
Ok ...I loved it !!! I couldn't stop playing the demo..in fact almost never finish a demo with out stopping in the middle ..I bought it ..not a lot of bells & whistles can't open or close doors ,,But I like the simplicity ..I think it adds to the game ..so ...different boats for different folks ,,,It floats my boat .......

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on Mar 29, 10 12:54 PM
OLDBAY wrote:...different boats for different folks ,,,It floats my boat .......

.. and my boat hit the iceberg about 20-odd minutes in and sank, never to rise again. :-)
I agree with Poodlebear, especially regarding the irrational junkpiles and ridiculous "tasks". I can't speak to the plot from my short time playing but what I saw of it struck me as silly. I don't often have this instant or strong a reaction to a game but I really couldn't stand playing more than half the demo before bailing .. ;-)

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 29, 10 1:10 PM
You know the old saying be careful what you wish for? I really wanted this game as I enjoyed the other Hidden Mysteries...but this one seems like a step backward, and is frustratingly annoying...click on an item in inventory to use and you get the voice over again and again until somehow it actually clicks. I bought it anyway...but it sure won't go in my faves.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Mar 29, 10 1:40 PM
This game ran great on Windows 7, but, that said, this is one of the most irritating games I've ever played in my life! The voice of the main female character was worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. "That's not it's intended use." No worries, I won't be 'using' this game - ever! The tasks were silly, at best, stupid being the word I really want to use. Hidden objects way too easy to find and finding trading cards in cigarettes really took the cake, lol.

[Post New]by crescentallat on Mar 29, 10 1:43 PM
I expected improvements after Buckingham Palace but instead found regressions. Fifteen minutes of the demo was enough to know that this game would not be fun!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 29, 10 1:51 PM
I love the Hidden Mysteries series and this game is also great! Great mix of adventure and hog game. Also good graphic. I have bought it today with the -30 % discount (still working today!).

Edited on 03/29/2010 at 1:51:55 PM PST

Go to: