Laley61
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Laley61 on Nov 13, 16 11:25 PM
cabanaeast18 wrote:I clicked "play" button and Unknown exception in runO came up. Never heard of that. What is it Fishies?
Windows XP. Even with that, I can still download most games.

Having same problem as all the others. Hope there's an update on this game soon.

Edited on 11/13/2016 at 11:28:43 PM PST

OldLizard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by OldLizard on Nov 14, 16 1:45 PM
Same here, getting "unknown exception in run0. I've bought and played all the other Whispered Secrets so do now see why this is happening. Windows Vista with all the games.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Nov 15, 16 12:22 AM
having problems stabbing the siren with the bone sword. the game locks up , not able to go bak or forwards see notes of my self and others reporting same

[Post New]by dfvalent on Nov 15, 16 7:01 AM
lisa_mafia wrote:PLEASE HELP
I have a bug in chapter 4:the backyard. I'm missing the piece of the archive clue.
Hint keeps sending me back & forth from the archive to the backyard.

Same issue

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 15, 16 2:24 PM
In relation to potential problems with the stabbing the siren with the bone dagger mini game, at the end of the main game.

I replayed the game back to this point in order to investigate this problem.

You assemble the bone dagger and are automatically taken to a mini game.
The mini game should start off with the dagger at the bottom and two orbs on a line.
You then have to stab the two orbs in order to move to the 2nd part of the mini game which is 4 orbs in a square, revolving around you. Stab and crack the 4 orbs to move on to part 3, 5 orbs orbiting you in a circle, and if you stab and crack all those you defeat the siren, get cut scene, end game, YAY....well done you.

I had no problem with this mini game the first and second time I played.
The second time, whilst looking for a problem and realising that I hadn't been prematurely kicked out of the mini game, I purposefully left the mini game in order to see what happened...guess what!

That's right. Once I had left the mini game I could no longer click to get back in. I tried changing difficulty, closing and reopening game, none of that worked.
So here is your glitch.

I don't know whether the game actually kicked you guys out of the mini game so that you couldn't get back in, or if you accidently clicked the bottom of the screen to get out (easily done as the dagger is near the bottom of the screen so it might be pretty easy to accidently leave the mini game).
Either way, once you are out, you cannot get back in. Glitch.
Sorry guys

Although it's possible there might be a fix by restoring game files to last saved point, or something like that, by someone who is more techie than I am.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 15, 16 2:26 PM
In relation to potential glitch in getting the two archive clue pieces.

Unfortunately, after replaying to make sure about when you receive the archive pieces, and if it was possible to miss getting them, it is clear that there is definitely a glitch in this game for some people, as both pieces should be gotten automatically during gameplay progression and the only way someone would not have them both was if there was a glitch about this feature.

The first part is in chapter 3 in 'main street' in the broken window, and is just entitled clue part. After removing the plaque and reading through the book the part automatically goes into your inventory. You have to read through the book in order to reveal the box underneath where you place the medallion and the shell.

The second piece is also given to you automatically after you have played the mini game on the wall in the archivists house, where you place the map and the map parts and you receive at the end of it a scroll.
The game automatically goes into a cut scene of the archivist talking to you and you get the 2nd clue part entitled 'clue part' and a stone prism, then you have to leave the house via the back door because zombies are attacking.

I will point out that the first time I played the game, when I had completed the map mini game, there was a slight problem with the playing of the cut scene after, when the archivist talks to you, and I was kicked out of the game.
When I went back in, everything was fine, I entered right after the end of the cut scene and I had both the clue piece and the stone prism.
This was the only issue that I had throughout the entire game.

Because of this issue at this specific point in the gameplay i.e. when you are supposed to receive the second clue piece of the archive clue, I imagine that this is where there is some kind of glitch for some people that means that they are not receiving it in their inventory.

If you do not get both pieces where I have described, then you have experienced a glitch, it makes no difference that when you reach the backyard you can no longer go back to the previous locations where these items were received, because the glitch is with them not being put automatically into your inventory, not being unable to return.
Sorry guys

Edited on 11/15/2016 at 2:27:49 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 15, 16 4:13 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your experiences with the game. Also, I want to thank sazoria for those detailed explanations of the two most common issues that have been reported. I am sending this information to the right teams so that they have a much clearer picture of where exactly this issue is taking place.

In the past, when issues like this have occurred and players found themselves without an item that was necessary to move on, one of two things has usually helped. The first one is to try playing the game over on a new profile up to that point as usually this makes it so that the item appears properly and from there you will be able to continue. The second is running the game as an Administrator has sometimes allowed players to get an item that was not provided previously, and, just in case it helps, the steps for running a game as an Administrator:

Run Game as Administrator

For players that are receiving the unknown exception error, this error likely has to do with a need for updated drivers or other issues that require more investigation. For the first set, the following page has steps that can help quickly resolve that issue, if it is drivers that need to be updated, specifically the sections titled "Update your video card driver" and "Install software updates":

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Sometimes, those steps don't seem to help when issues like this occur, and I want recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report if those steps do not seem to work or if you would just like additional assistance. Providing us that Dr. Felix Report helps our Reps investigate the issue further and also can be instrumental if we find that the issue needs further work to be resolved.

Thank you all for your time and patience, and I hope this was able to assist. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

wendygamer
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

TECH ISSUE for Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by wendygamer on Nov 16, 16 12:35 PM
I'm through with main game, but the monster-lady just stands there and I am not able to get to the bonus game. I exit game (can't exit the "room") and come back in and she's just standing there - - hint tells me there's nothing to do there. I already made the weapon and stabbed the "coins" or whatever they are. CAN'T GET TO BONUS or HIDDEN GAME!

Edited on 11/16/2016 at 12:49:54 PM PST

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 16, 16 2:42 PM
@wendygamer
See the third post up from yours, in this thread, or else see other thread in this forum, entitled- Got to knives stabbing , got one assumed I got the second. Says nothing to do hear

The problem has been logged by the moderator, to send to the game developers.

[Post New]by auntpat88 on Nov 17, 16 5:58 PM
I gave the gold bar to the blacksmith. Nothing happened and he keeps hinting for it. I've run the game twice and the same thing happened each time.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 18, 16 7:18 AM
auntpat88 wrote:I gave the gold bar to the blacksmith. Nothing happened and he keeps hinting for it. I've run the game twice and the same thing happened each time.

@auntpat88
This is not a tech issue. The blacksmith cannot make anything with the gold bar until you have given him the mould as well.

[Post New]by hushproject on Nov 19, 16 6:13 AM
In the latter stage of this game it all came to a crashing halt and the screen kept flashing and I couldn't do anything to stop it. Im using windows 10. Sue Dean

mysharona1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by mysharona1 on Nov 19, 16 10:40 AM
Same problem as other people. I am missing the second part of the clue in the backyard chapter.... please fix this....

TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Bonus AFTER Bonus Game

[Post New]by kimjan on Nov 20, 16 12:28 PM
I have finished playing the main game and the bonus game. I attempted to play the 3rd (I did collect all of the GEMS) and it doesn't recognize this.

I looked at the GEM statue and it is not complete but the GEM indicator says that all gems are accounted for????????

Any suggestions here?

Edited on 11/20/2016 at 12:31:56 PM PST

TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Bonus AFTER Bonus Game

[Post New]by bigsunnycat on Nov 21, 16 6:04 AM
kimjan wrote:I have finished playing the main game and the bonus game. I attempted to play the 3rd (I did collect all of the GEMS) and it doesn't recognize this.

I looked at the GEM statue and it is not complete but the GEM indicator says that all gems are accounted for????????

Any suggestions here?

@kimjan
Are you sure you collected all the gems? Have you got the "Collector" achievement?

Edited on 11/21/2016 at 6:09:46 AM PST

[Post New]by oggeboyn on Nov 29, 16 9:48 AM
i have played this game for like 30 minutes and im running windows 10 and the game crashes my entire computer and everything freezes what do i do

Go to: