Bethe1s
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 5 here.

[Post New]by Bethe1s on Nov 21, 16 9:51 AM
Same issue for me, played others in series with minor start up issues. This one displays too large and will not allow windowed mode to adjust settings. Disappointing. Also tried the tech help links already provided, made sure everything was up to date, with no improvement.

justis48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by justis48 on Nov 21, 16 7:42 PM
Same problem as several others. I had to minimize the game to check something and when I came back I am only getting a narrow line across the screen. Have uninstalled, restarted my computer and reinstalled from the game manager, same problem, uninstalled and restarted my computer and then reinstalled from the web site, same problem. The game was working fine and suddenly this issue appeared.

Edited on 11/26/2016 at 3:04:37 PM PST

[Post New]by zigmundo768 on Nov 22, 16 2:26 PM
same problem as many, windows xp, black screen, music, flickering cursor, did all usual fixes and up to date on drivers. So tired of being directed to the old game crashing etc. advice. This is a game problem, not my computer I think. Too bad, will contact support if no fix, Big Fish has always been great about giving a new credit if a game doesn't work.

linda282
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by linda282 on Nov 22, 16 4:22 PM
Received update for Vacation Adventures Park Ranger 3[u] today!!! Bizarre, since I'd had no problems with that one. PLEASE can we have an update for Park Ranger 5 asap

Edited on 11/22/2016 at 4:22:38 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 23, 16 10:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what they are experiencing in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present in player's games. I've gone ahead and passed along the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams for review. As the other moderators have also done so earlier, this new information can help aid in the investigation. If any information is brought to our attention, we will update the forums.

In the meantime, it is recommended to refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps that have been mentioned in this thread:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Windows 10

If issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to gather this data and bring it to the teams to aid in the investigation.

For clarification, the update that was mentioned in this thread is for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 and not 5. If any information of updates is brought to our attention, we will be sure to inform the players.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by difunch on Nov 23, 16 2:11 PM
pita1234 wrote:Won't play for me - black screen, flickering cursor, guitar music - that's it. Did all typical fixes. Windows XP.

[Post New]by hello_out_there on Nov 23, 16 3:05 PM
When I try to play in window mode - when I take it off full screen , all I get is a small thin line across the screen. Using a HP PC with Windows 10

matthew06
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by matthew06 on Nov 24, 16 12:00 PM
same issue here. Just bought it today and went to thin line when I tried to go into window mode. HP with windows 10. Bummer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the the thin line in the middle of the screen. started game again and the task manager said "s3e application launcher. Guess that application isn't working. A small screen flashed for a second or two then disappeared. After that the "thin line of "death" appeared. Ended task on task manager.

Edited on 11/24/2016 at 12:44:55 PM PST

[Post New]by TiredSalesgirl on Nov 25, 16 12:53 PM
When I open the game it is to large to see whole game so I cannot start it. I tried over and over, I uninstalled and re-installed the game many times and it still has the same problem.

Extra frustration because I have not gotten a response to my incident inquiry from 6 days ago and again 2 days ago

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 25, 16 3:00 PM
TiredSalesgirl wrote:Extra frustration because I have not gotten a response to my incident inquiry from 6 days ago and again 2 days ago

The last time I contacted BFG customer service, I was told no one had time to read my inquiry, but they would get back to me. In the meantime, they gave me a game code that would expire in a few days. The last thing I wrote in my original request was that I didn't want a credit, I wanted a fix. So, the code expired and my game is still not right. And when I replied and asked if they had read my request yet, they never replied. I sent a second request a few weeks later. I didn't even get a generic reply to that one. So, yeah.

[Post New]by 11217189 on Nov 26, 16 7:43 PM
judy76073 wrote:I always play in "windowed" mode - could not do it with this game - as soon as I clicked off the full screen, all I got was about a 1/4 inch line running across my screen. using windows 8.1. had to CTRL-ALT-DELETE. so I uninstalled it.

[Post New]by 11217189 on Nov 26, 16 7:45 PM
Mine did the same thing also. Playing in windows 10. I hope there is a solution soon, because I really like these Vacation Adventure games.

[Post New]by brumbassen on Nov 28, 16 12:08 PM
Problems as others. Is using windows 7.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 5 here.

[Post New]by cookie2443 on Dec 1, 16 12:53 AM
I love these games but with Park Ranger 5 I have got nearly to the end (I think) and on the scene where the two rangers meet up with the Chief, I found the "arrow" in the "sparkling" part (by the wind turbines). I clicked on it but nothing happened. It won't register that I have found the item and I therefore cannot finish that scene and, therefore, cannot continue with the game. I have uninstalled the game and re-installed it but it still has this problem.

Contacted Big Fish who apologised that it wouldn't play properly and gave me a coupon for a free game. Very kind but I would love to be able to play the game right to the end with no problems.

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Dec 1, 16 2:30 AM
Hi Cookie,

If you click on the 'shadowing' surrounding the arrow, not the arrow itself you will get it.

[Post New]by difunch on Dec 1, 16 5:27 AM
pita1234 wrote:Won't play for me - black screen, flickering cursor, guitar music - that's it. Did all typical fixes. Windows XP.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 1, 16 10:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people are experiencing problems in the game. I understand that some players are continuing to see that line across the screen of the game, and I'm going to pass along the new posts here to the appropriate team. The Moderation Team isn't able to modify the game itself, however we'll definitely continue to advocate for our players by passing along technical reports we get, and by updating the forums with any new information we may receive.

In the meantime, if you haven't taken a look already, I suggest checking out our help articles. They contain steps that can be useful in quickly troubleshooting a variety of problems, and I've included a couple before that may be able to help in these situations:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Screen Resolution

If people are still seeing issues in their game, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have access to tools that can be used to gather data on and report technical issues, as well as offer customized troubleshooting, and they're always willing to help.

I understand that some people have already contacted our Support Team but haven't yet received responses. Our Reps have been receiving unusually high numbers of emails lately, and so their response time may be longer than usual. However, they're working hard to get back to everyone, and will be in touch as soon as they're able.

Additionally, if anyone receives any automated messages we ask that you please reply directly to them. This will let us know that your issue hasn't been resolved and that a personalized reply is needed. Our system also closes tickets if we don't receive a reply within a few days, and so responding will save your spot in line.

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by cookie2443 on Dec 2, 16 12:06 PM
Hoggywizard wrote:Hi Cookie,

If you click on the 'shadowing' surrounding the arrow, not the arrow itself you will get it.

[Post New]by cookie2443 on Dec 2, 16 12:07 PM
Thank you very much - I shall now play the game again, taking into account your tip. Very much appreciated.

[Post New]by taffy17 on Dec 2, 16 1:38 PM
This game Park Ranger 5 won't open all I get is a blue line across my screen.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 or 4 times and still and still get the same
blue line about 1/2 inch wide. Please help

Go to: