Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennyhenny743 on Nov 25, 16 10:32 PM
having problems with the lite-same as the other people on this page-using a windows 10-hope u have a fix soon,

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Hijacks computer

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Nov 26, 16 12:47 PM
Win10 on a Dell PC.

The game hijacks my computer when I try to set it into Windowed mode. I can't even close it out in Task Manager, I have to sign off then sign on again to get control back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it doesn't help.

wepg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by wepg on Nov 27, 16 6:41 AM
I am in the garden and can't get the water system to start. I have to turn the red valve but it will not turn. Anyone else having the problem?

[Post New]by jesse95 on Nov 27, 16 3:40 PM
Unable to get past the 163 key lock. What am I missing?

[Post New]by meljbuck on Nov 27, 16 4:04 PM
Having the same issues with the book and abacus/pill game as someone already mentioned. I've managed to get past the book puzzle but the abacus/pill game I am stuck as the middle part of the game is obscured behind a doll and note that won't disappear so I can't see how to complete the puzzle. So completely stuck.

[Post New]by BethFitz on Nov 27, 16 4:13 PM
I am in the clock tower. In the HOP I cannot get the corner of the picture to attach to the other part of the picture.

[Post New]by danacatz on Nov 28, 16 12:56 PM
I am stuck at the black light/infinity symbol - I tried all the previous advice but no luck. Not sure if I should ask for a refund or wait for an fix. Please advise- I love all of the MCF - so feeling sad

[Post New]by jenpoo313 on Nov 28, 16 1:23 PM
I am trying to fix Meredith's tea, but it never gave me the syringe top, so I am stuck with a syringe that is pretty useless. I scanned through the guide and saw where it was supposed to be, but nope, there is nothing there. Any suggestions? I really don't want to start over, which I have already had to do once due to a glitch and not wanting to reload correctly...I purchase these games as soon as I see them released and paid full price...very frustrating!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 28, 16 3:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report technical issues with this game here. I wanted to drop by and inform players who reported the UV light/infinity symbol issue earlier that our most recent PC update contains a fix for this particular issue and should be able to clear that up after installation. For more information on that, please review our announcement below:

UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour CE (PC) - November 28, 2016

That announcement explains what was changed as well as how to install the update manually. It also provide the way to reach out to us for more assistance should there be issues with the update.

For players that are seeing other issues with the game, such as items not working properly or puzzles seeming to not work when interacted with, the game may need to be run as an Administrator to ensure that adequate permissions are provided for the game while it plays. Just in case, I am providing a helpful guide on how to set the game to run as an Administrator below:

Run Game as Administrator

For players using Windows 10, the following operating system specific guide may have additional troubleshooting steps that can help:

Windows 10

If the computer playing the game is a Mac, the following page has Mac specific preliminary troubleshooting steps that may help address a wide array of technical issues with the game:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For players that need more assistance or if those above steps do not work, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can use that report's data to generate customized support and troubleshooting steps, and they are always happy to help out.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that helps out. Feel free to PM me or any of the other mods if there are further questions.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by jenpoo313 on Nov 28, 16 8:09 PM
I downloaded the bug fix and followed the instructions above to help with other issues and it ended up not letting me open the game at all. I ended up having to uninstall the game, which I was trying to avoid, and am currently redownloading the whole game. Hopefully it starts working correctly this go round. If not, I will have to ask for a refund.

raceladm
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by raceladm on Nov 28, 16 11:49 PM
Hi,
I have Windows 7 but I am having the same problem, I selected the infinity symbols and nothing happened.
I've done it again and again in every possible way and the door won't open.
I can't go on with the game

[Post New]by Keelah on Dec 1, 16 11:21 AM
After applying the update, I continued on from where I had been in the game with not issues, but not the same when exiting. I was mostly through the Crematorium chapter and done for the day. When I tried to exit, things froze up and with the exit, my profile and all progress I had made was gone.

On a Windows 10 system.

[Post New]by WarrenC55 on Dec 2, 16 10:43 AM
My issue is having finished the game, it will not let me go to the bonus game. Tells me I have to finish the game first. When I close out and try to enter again, mu profile is gone o I have to type name again and it takes me to the end in the tower. It goes thru to the end but still will not allow me into bonus.

Windows 8

[Post New]by l87able on Dec 3, 16 2:18 AM
Since installing the update i have no morphing or ladybugs and when leaving the game it doesn't save it. i have removed and reinstalled it with no success. I have started the game four times it is very frustrating.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 4, 16 10:23 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report the issues that you are experiencing with this game. I am sorry that it sounds like players are seeing the game not retain save progress on various systems. I am going to go ahead and bring this to the attention of the appropriate teams so that they are aware of what some of our players are now experiencing with the game. In the meantime, I wanted to provide some specific troubleshooting for that issue as well as how to receive additional help should the most recent update not resolve the issues that were blocking progress.

For players that are seeing their game lose their save state or progress after closing the game, the following page of steps may be able to help the game keep the save progress:

Game not Saving

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if the latest update was installed and it didn't fix the issues that were blocking progress, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can use this report to provide specific troubleshooting steps based on the computer's unique construction, and they are always happy to help out.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Dec 6, 16 1:09 PM
Finished the main chapter and bonus chapter... Tried to do the Developer Hunt and the rooms are ALL messed up... Then I received a message that my game save file had been corrupted so the game deleted it and I would have to complete the game all over again along with the bonus chapter to access the bonus content... When I went back to the menu, the game had no record of my progress or my settings, so I knew that it had indeed deleted my entire save file and I would have to do the entire thing over if I wanted to do anything with the bonus games....

Sent an email to CS already, but they are swamped and don't know when they'll get to it... Be careful out there, everyone wanting to access those bonus items we paid the extra money for... They could just make you lose your game and put you back at Zero Hour

[Post New]by sparkleshadow on Dec 7, 16 2:42 PM
I'm in the library and there is a zoom in section on the left hand side of the screen (books and candles) but the game does not registar when i click on it. The pointer changes to a magnifiying glass but not matter where i click it does nothing.
Getting really annoyed now as I can't progress any further until I pick up the items in this section. I'm operating on Windows 10.

DayGlow
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by DayGlow on Dec 8, 16 7:15 AM
I played the game without problems until getting to the point where I had to make Mary's tea. I opened the box, then pulled back and decided to quit the game for a while. When I picked "menu", the game discarded my profile and asked me to create a new profile. Of course, the new profile wanted to start from the beginning. I tried to side step the problem by creating a "new" profile with the old name. The "new" (original) profile allowed me to resume the game from the correct point, but all my achievements disappeared! So now, I have to play from the beginning again, because some achievements, such as reading the SMS message, can not be retrieved after you pass that point in the game. I don't understand why the achievements are not stored in the profile file, nor do I understand why the game "lost" my profile. This is a bug.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit Professional.

DayGlow
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by DayGlow on Dec 8, 16 11:33 AM
It happened again. I played the game until I entered Rachel's room, then picked "menu" to exit. The game discarded my profile. I could enter the old profile name as a "new" profile, and return to Rachel's room, but my achievements and morphing objects count were discarded. Either I'll have to play this entire game without ever exiting (not likely), or I'll have to give up on collecting any of the achievements. Takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Windows 7 64-bit Professional.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 8, 16 11:48 AM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that people are experiencing these problems in the game, and I wanted to stop by with help.

sparkleshadow, I understand that the game isn't processing when you're clicking on something in the Library, and there are a few different reasons this may be happening. To help address this, I encourage trying the steps in the following help article, which can be useful in this kind of situation:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to see this problem, or if anyone is seeing that their game progress isn't saving correctly, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE as ember89 did. Our Reps have recently received an unusually high number of emails, and so they're a little behind on their typical response time. However they're working hard to get back to everyone, and are always happy to help.

When getting in touch with them we also ask that you please include a Dr. Felix Report if you're able. That report will help them provide the best possible troubleshooting for the specific problem that you're seeing.

Thank you all for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: