Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Excellent game!

[Post New]by Radgame on Nov 29, 16 1:26 PM
Based on completed game:

Such an interesting and unique game that was engaging at many levels - storyline (supernatural with a modern twist?), how it unfolds, the many characters, overall suspense, superb graphics & cut-scenes. For once, I did play with the music on as it made all the difference. Kudos to the Devs for making me feel totally immersed in the adventure!

At first, I thought the dialogue would be boring but it turned out to be necessary and just right. I wish there were more puzzles instead of the long-drawn ones of face-punching and struggling with bad dude/ entity. Some puzzles were unique and at times, challenging. The very few HOPs were neatly built into the game – I wasn’t expecting any given the suspense thriller genre. LOL, I couldn’t imagine our hero, Adam Wolfe searching for zipper pulls, runes or cheese for a mouse!

It even had a sense of humour wherever possible – that dialogue about outlandish rituals (at Eagle Point) had me in splits! And, poor ‘ol Marv (Police Officer) who felt more like a CSR (customer service rep) who fulfilled all of Adam’s many requests!

Anyhoo, this game may not get you ‘fired’ up but it won’t throw ‘sand’ in your eyes either. Had BFG’s release included ALL 4 chapters (instead of just 2), it would have made for an outstanding CE/ SE! Got it w/ a PCC - totally worth it.

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Adam Wolfe: Flames of Time here.

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Nov 29, 16 1:30 PM
Played entire game start to finish at one sitting as the story and main guy, Adam Wolfe was so interesting and creative! The actor, his voice and the artistic Adam Wolfe drawing were all perfect. Had swearing and violence? Yes, but we hear much worse on television, the movies and the school bus so give me a break.

Adam never explains WHY he's now a detective for the supernatural rather than a police officer. Maybe we'll hear more later. He is very funny and has appropriate responses to certain situations which is something way lacking in most pc games. Mad Head brought everything together that ticks like a Swiss watch. Will replay and also look forward to the next Mad Head Games Adam Wolfe installment.
Keep then coming! Enjoy!

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Nov 29, 16 8:01 PM
It was nice to play something interesting and different than the usual stuff we've been getting lately...like Radgame said, no zipper pulls to find...yay! Based on the demo, I didn't really see enough puzzles or HOS to comment on these, but I found the story line intriguing enough to purchase to see where it goes.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 30, 16 4:30 AM
Bought it without even trying the demo as the reviews were so good and I wasn't disappointed! What a creative bunch they are at Mad Head Games Definitely becoming my favourite developer ever ( well, after Blue Tea, who sadly abandoned their wonderful games to another developer ).

Loved the first story and I'm saving the second one for later. Great graphics and tons of dialogue, all delivered in a 'film noir' style; the only thing missing was the smoke filled bar! The few HOS were done well enough and the puzzles were easy-ish for the most part. A few 'gadgets' to play with, including a watch that turns back time; if they're taking orders, I'd love one of those please

If there are other games in this series coming, I'll be signing up for them with no hesitation. Adam Wolfe is a great character and I look forward to more crime-solving with him

No technical issues with the full game. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Nov 30, 16 8:01 PM
Love it!!! I am not a huge fan of HOGs but I am definitely buying this. However, I'm getting it from elsewhere because there's a package deal on a whole Adam Wolfe...thing. I guess there are a few other games.
Very impressive, even if the one voice actor is kinda like...its like what you'd get if you gave ME the job of reading for that character. (only more male-ish) .

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Dec 1, 16 11:26 AM
Finished all too quickly
Love this game, can't wait for the next installment, and am totally in lurve with Adam, despite having a half eaten pizza in a box at his apartment (complete with flies!!!)
I get the impression that the next installment includes a finale, but I am pleading the "Mad" guys to extend into a series?
The graphics are very "comic book" and crisp, none of the HOP's are very difficult, but relate to the story, and there is a bit of blood and gore, but not excessive and in keeping with the storyline.
Am intregued as to what the outcome will be.....

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Dec 8, 16 9:37 AM
Even though there's still a detective who investigates supernatural activities, this story is a breath of fresh just for not taking place in some boring steampunk fantasy land. The story reminds me of 'Darker Than Black', so I can't wait to see what happens from the end of the demo.

The main character is the type of guy I loathe the most. Unfortunately, we're forced to listen to his babble to get tips on what's needed. If I buy this, I may play it with the sound off because, UGH. Loved the graphics, though the game mechanisms aren't all that fantastic. Too much clicking and hand-holding for my tastes.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Dec 9, 16 10:37 AM
This is a FANTASTIC game - and I'm only 1/2 way through. Very different from the other games I've played lately. Great story and very engaging.
Would love to see more games like this.

[Post New]by laura0429 on Dec 15, 16 12:20 AM
Just wanted to comment how much I enjoyed this game!! I can't wait for the next two episodes!!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Dec 19, 16 11:51 AM

Wow, Dragnet rides again !! (for those of you old enough to remember that television series)

Totally immersive game, very different to the usual offerings, and I like it.

Disappointed to read that were originally 4 episodes. I guess the next two will be a separate offering. Hope to goodness that it doesn't come out as a CE, that really would be cheating.

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Feb 21, 17 3:04 PM
A waste of time and money. One of the more boring games I've played. It's hard to understand what actions are needed to proceed and when you do finally figure it out, there are more different and incomprehensible actions needed. This game is such a garbled mess that it turns into a hodge podge of nonsense.The time and effort to play even one scene removes the fun in the game. I know others like this game but it's just not my thing. Please play the demo before you buy. You might like it. One man's trash...etc.

So many people really like this game that I am going to give it another go. Ignore my post from yesterday as I feel that the game deserves a more thorough look-see. First I must finish my other game I started and hopefully start over Adam Wolf on the weekend.

Edited on 02/22/2017 at 11:35:49 AM PST

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Mar 8, 17 6:40 PM
What a great game. Loved it. Can't wait to play the next one and see what happens.

casuziq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by casuziq on Apr 22, 17 6:50 AM
sassybee wrote:A waste of time and money. One of the more boring games I've played. It's hard to understand what actions are needed to proceed and when you do finally figure it out, there are more different and incomprehensible actions needed. This game is such a garbled mess that it turns into a hodge podge of nonsense.The time and effort to play even one scene removes the fun in the game. I know others like this game but it's just not my thing. Please play the demo before you buy. You might like it. One man's trash...etc.

So many people really like this game that I am going to give it another go. Ignore my post from yesterday as I feel that the game deserves a more thorough look-see. First I must finish my other game I started and hopefully start over Adam Wolf on the weekend.

I totally agree

Go to: