Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by walkerweaver on Dec 3, 16 12:16 PM
I cannot play the game at all. When I hit "Skip," it throws me out of the game. When I click on a plus item it throws me out of the game. When I click on "Menu" it does the same thing.

I am running the game on a PC, Windows 10.

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by LKlimo on Dec 4, 16 4:29 AM
The game freezes in the bonus chapter and I receive access violations (different one for each time I try it). This is the third game in four weeks. I keep getting an automated response from Tech Support with the same game coupon as a replacement and says it cannot be used because it has been used already. What has happened to Big Fish? Another game site is starting to look pretty good. How sad!

Edited on 12/04/2016 at 4:29:50 AM PST

vitani
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by vitani on Dec 4, 16 9:38 AM
I can confirm that mac os x versions can run the normal game and bonus chapters without any problems. However the bonus room include in the CE will leave you with a black screen so that part is unplayable on all mac versions until a patch is released by the developer.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by CherryColaBlssm on Dec 4, 16 6:36 PM
played the first run through of the game (will try again later) but upon finishing the bonus game and going to the secret room ...everything works fine up until the end. I get through five "find the morphing items" challenges and then am told to find the elf that turned good...i click him then nothing happens...i use the hint to see what the problem is and it directs me to a thermos in one scene...i get the feeling that was what was supposed to morph but by that time i had already clicked the elf...and the challenge only says there is ONE elf...so...dont know what the problem is....

Edited on 12/04/2016 at 6:36:54 PM PST

dice
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by dice on Dec 4, 16 7:25 PM
after buy it it willnot download Ihave did all what they said to do on help page still willnot download

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 5, 16 5:10 AM
Game locked up during "marble popper" mini game with elf, same as other complaints. Control-alt-deleted 3 times, finally, it told me that my player file was corrupted and I'd have to start all over with a new game.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Dec 5, 16 7:21 AM
Game locked up on the lazy Susan 12 matches. Using PC windows 64 bit.Help!

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Dec 5, 16 7:28 AM
Is this a new game that came out on the 2nd? I was in Indianapolis on the 2nd, but this says I already played and have 13 minutes left in the demo??? I never got a chance to play it??

[Post New]by Mynuthouse on Dec 5, 16 2:03 PM
I have the marble popper issue, went to all the articles and nothing is helping. I'm getting frustrated.

Admins, are you going to fix the bug? I paid good money for it and a 'free game' isn't always the best answer - honesty is. If everyone is having the same issue, then there IS a problem.

PLEASE tell us what you are doing to fix this.

HP pc with windows 10.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 5, 16 3:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to provide us the details of what you are experiencing with this game. I am going to do my best to provide some preliminary troubleshooting to address some of these particular issues as well as provide a way to reach our Support Team for more assistance.

For players that are having trouble with the game downloading or installing, the following page has steps to try to resolve that issue:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

For players that are seeing the game freeze or have a blank screen, the following two pages contain steps for Windows and Mac respectively, and may be able to help resolve that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Mac Game Troubleshooting

Otherwise, if those steps do not seem to assist, or if the game is having a different issue from the above, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can use that gathered information to better troubleshoot, can provide information to the right teams for follow up, and they are always happy to help out.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. I am also going to go ahead and provide this thread's contents to the right teams so they are aware of what issues our players are experiencing with this game. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Sky1022
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Sky1022 on Dec 5, 16 4:13 PM
For Irene Donald: you have to give the leash to the helper elf or mouse, whichever it is.

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Dec 5, 16 4:30 PM
lolaluv wrote:Game locked up during "marble popper" mini game with elf... anyone else have this problem? Had to ctl-alt-del to get out of it.

Exact same issue, also had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Dec 5, 16 7:19 PM
Same issue with marble popper at end of Bonus Game Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

suzmcmike
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by suzmcmike on Dec 5, 16 11:28 PM
I'm having the same issue as other Mac users. When I go to the Secret Room, it's completely black except for the Hint Bubble in the lower right corner. I have macOS Sierra 10.12.1.

[Post New]by PeachyKeene_48 on Dec 6, 16 3:28 PM
I am playing on my PC with Windows 10. I have finished the game and am playing the bonus content. In the Secret Room I have found all the items. In the last one I found the elf in the office and clicked on it. It was picked up and shows that I have found 1 elf out of 1. Now it is telling me to go to the bench outside and click on the thermos. Nothing happens when I click there. Also I cannot collect the last gift item. The game does not end and I have no way to reset it. I have tried uninstalling the game and downloading it over to no avail. Still stuck in the Secret Room.

rsv7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

secret room broken on mac

[Post New]by rsv7 on Dec 8, 16 8:33 PM
I am having the same problem as spaniard1 on mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

I proceeded to launch the game from the terminal and play the 'secret room' and sure enough it crashed with lots of errors. This forum is unable to deal with stack traces, I am posting to the developers instead.

Edited on 12/08/2016 at 8:49:39 PM PST

[Post New]by cparker1988 on Dec 9, 16 4:23 PM
I am aso having the same issue with the Secret Room not working. I'm also playing on a mac (OS X El Capitan 10.11.16 here). Everything else in the game worked fine.

[Post New]by Mjulie1976 on Dec 9, 16 9:39 PM
I keep handing the mouse the leash but she doesn't take it. I've also tried clicking mouse then dog. Using iPad. Is there a specific order to follow?

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Dec 10, 16 7:26 AM
I purchased this game and now can't get past the lazy susan, the game locks up! I want a refund.

[Post New]by desimaui on Dec 10, 16 3:10 PM
This is all very strange for this game. I was able to play the demo and I liked it so I ordered the game. It seemed to download the game the game allright, but once it finished the download, it just sat there. In other words, when I click on the blue play button, the game does not even open. Just sits there like a lump on a log.
I have been a member of Big Fish Games for a long time. Terribly disappointed about this game because I liked the story line. My operating system is Windows 8.1

Go to: