aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon forum

[Post New]by aalaurie on Apr 2, 10 9:21 AM
I can't say enough good things about this game. The art work alone is magnificent and makes hunting for the objects a joy. The music in the porch/patio scene is delightful and the colors are superb. I am so blown away by this game - that's the only way I can describe it. Love the game play and knew this was a keeper after the first couple of minutes. Kudos to the developer. All of the games should be this clear (I emphasize clear) for those of us who are "up in years".

I want to thank the developers for continuing to make such accomplished games. Bring them on, we love this quality.

This game is A-#1 in my book. Love it! Annie

Edited on 04/02/2010 at 9:21:53 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 3, 10 10:24 AM
SolarEclipse wrote:I'm impressed that Artogon was able to make this and "Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts" at the same time. I'm so glad we've gotten two games from them this quickly.... Bravo!!!

personally, i have to say - it's a shame they rushed to get both games out at the same time... i think treasure seekers rocks, but i think crystal portal paid the price... it's not as forthright and clean as it could have been, instead using contrived annoyances to extend gameplay... i wish they had spent a little more time developing this game instead of rushing it out to capitalize on their current success. more or less like all the "alice in wonderland" fun stuff hitting the salesfloor right now - it's a bad move in the long run, even if getting the short gain...

to all who are enjoying this game - good luck and happy gaming

to all who are in my boat, who's rowing? doo-da-doo

[Post New]by pammied on Apr 3, 10 11:21 AM
I also had problems with my cursor. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and still had the problem. Had to "end task" to get out of the game.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Apr 3, 10 12:02 PM
I downloaded the demo, and played it a couple of days ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will buy it next week when I get another game credit. As for the various "bubbles" opening in the same scene, I found them charming and interesting; is that weird? Well, my motto is: different strokes for different folks. Everybody can't like the same thing; that would make life too boring.

BTW, I had no technical problems with the game.

Edited on 04/03/2010 at 12:03:11 PM PST

[Post New]by Schoolhard on Apr 3, 10 1:04 PM
Anyone else finding it incredibly LOOOOONNNGGGG to load each segment? Im talking up to 5 minutes! And the graphics slowly move across the screen until they are replaced with black (no graphics). It seems like a glitch; but dont know if its just me or what?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 3, 10 1:16 PM
Schoolhard wrote:Anyone else finding it incredibly LOOOOONNNGGGG to load each segment? Im talking up to 5 minutes! And the graphics slowly move across the screen until they are replaced with black (no graphics). It seems like a glitch; but dont know if its just me or what?

Hiya Schoolhard! Welcome To the forums!

Sorry you are having trouble. Have you tried re-installing the game and updating your video card drivers? This may fix the problem.

I hope this helps!

PrplDva

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Apr 3, 10 3:04 PM
I just finished playing the game and absolutely loved it. The graphics are fantastic. Love Artogon games and look forward to the sequel.

nikki_UK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nikki_UK on Apr 3, 10 9:33 PM
meisie99 wrote:
Euskalduna wrote:I had to subscribe to another game site just to get the first Mystery of Crystal Portal, so I am glad the second one is here. It's a buy for me!

Same here. After playing the first Treasure Seekers I searched for all games by Artogon and had to register on another site for a year just to get the game at $6.95. This one is also a definite buy for me. I didn't get quite half way through on the demo in casual mode. After buying I'm going to restart the game in the most difficult mode.

Don't understand why you had to go elsewhere I got first one from Big Fish a while ago

[Post New]by diklazam on Apr 4, 10 9:23 AM
i purchased the game after the 1 hour of playing and now i can not activate it, because the game manager writes error 703,
i cant contact help from this site - just address me to articales.... nothing helps...
can someone help me or write to me "diklazam@012.net.il"?
i am desperate....
tx dikla

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Apr 4, 10 9:24 PM
Just wanted to say :I LOVED IT! The graphics are fantastic. Sometimes I get a little frustrated with the bubble HOG concept, but the graphics made up for it. Will buy the next one.....Atlantis here I come.

Welcome to The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon forum

[Post New]by roussette on Apr 8, 10 6:54 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
I am having trouble in the engine room have found two bubbles, and a knife in the pot, cannot find goblet, bowl etc. cannot find another bubble, what do I do.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Apr 8, 10 7:12 PM
I am having problems with the second half of the game....the game has gotten slower in movement, and the items I want to place do not just snap there..they hover and it takes me a while to get things in place. It began to occur after the father is found...

Has anyone had any problems like this?????? This is a first for me.

Thanks
On Wi

tjwilson
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by tjwilson on Apr 10, 10 6:10 PM
Well, some of it was fun, but I don't see the need for finding three objects just to get a fan that I need that is in plain site. And it would have very nice to have actually gone underwater, felt like we skipped a whole lot.

Game is good and long, but unlike the others from Aragon, this one offers too many clues through shimmering, sparkling items, you don't have to think as much as the other games.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Apr 11, 10 9:24 PM
I was finally able to buy it yesterday, with a game credit. Played all the way through without stopping: six hours, plus the one hour on the demo. So seven hours total made it $1 per hr. Not a bad bargain. Of course, I take my time and don't try to rush. I did skip a couple of puzzles, though I did try to solve each one. I enjoyed the game, even though my computer is messed up: I have had no sound for several days, because my DH had a guy over here trying to access some files from our old computer, and I think the speakers didn't get hooked back up to the new one (new: 6 yrs. old!). At least, I hope that's all it is. So far, DH hasn't gotten around to looking into it, so I played the game with no sound. Once I get my sound back, I might play it again, just to see what I missed. I thought the graphics were beautiful, and I enjoyed the story line. Looks like we'll have another sequel!

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Apr 16, 10 5:54 AM
Just downloaded the trial of this edition and it's marked 'trial expired' and I've not even tried it yet. Is it possible to reset the demo so I can at least decide if I like it or not?

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Apr 16, 10 11:42 AM
joy4u wrote:I loved the first one, downloaded this one but cant get the curser to work, its floating everywhere, doesn't sound like anyone else having trouble. I will try downloading it again.

I have the same problem. It started about half way through the game. I finished it, but it was really frustrating!!! Cursor moved slow..and was "floating" as you said. When I moved objects around ..they were not in sinc with the mouse!

I finished the game...I will reload and hope for the best. I hope that others see this problems so it can be fixed. I really loved the game!!!

[Post New]by Laura21230 on Apr 25, 10 10:29 PM
What do you do when you reach the "Go Home" ?

[Post New]by Tecodi on Apr 27, 10 3:41 AM
in the english version it start with i activaded the portal in my fathers study and then you go to igor ect In the dutch version you start by the front door of her fathers house and go to the study do i miss a bit in the english version both are bought by me so no demo's

[Post New]by sthom26434 on Apr 28, 10 4:26 PM
I am having problem getting the water in the jug. please help

[Post New]by Eppitiffany2121 on May 1, 10 7:23 PM
Excellent!
Yes next time we want an underwater trip, I felt I got too many free clues if this makes sence, I would be looking for something and it would be "shown",
but no complaints, now I have all day Sunday free to do chores

Go to: