huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon technical issues here only

[Post New]by huggzz on Apr 2, 10 6:40 AM
I didn't have any trouble with the cursor, however I can't seem to 'fill the jug with water' even though I've been there time and time again..
I did notice that things are slow but put that down to my system, running xp just updated that to the 3 of something.....LOL Sorry it escapes me right now..
I will try again but ....well.. it had better work...
Thanks
Annie

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Re:Post any The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon technical issues here only

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 2, 10 12:27 PM
Both loading screens that I encountered before I deleted this stupid game took about 4 minutes each to load. It took me 10 minutes just to get to Mrs. Staff's room.

I beta'd this game months ago and complained about the load time. I guess they didn't care enough to do anything about it.

I deleted it as soon as the Menu appeared on the screen again!

[Post New]by hockeyzoo on Apr 2, 10 5:06 PM
Cursor problem here too! Very disappointing. All specs seem fine with my machine. Looks like a fix is needed!

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 3, 10 12:17 AM
I just went over to my friends place and downloaded the game on her computer for her and it is fine. She has ex but mine is ex professional, dont know what everyone else has got

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 3, 10 2:54 AM
oops sorry I mean xp

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 3, 10 10:05 AM
I have no problems with the game play itself being fast enough, but the loading sure is slow!! Good game!!!

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Apr 3, 10 12:19 PM
NONE
Windows XP Pro

Loved the game

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 4, 10 6:41 AM
thanks sunny at least I know that it is not my windows xp pro, it is so frustrating when you cant get a game that you really like, only other game I had trouble with was samantha swift I think it was the rose of athens got all the other ones no problems.

gramma66
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by gramma66 on Apr 4, 10 7:35 AM
does anybody having trouble picking up any item to place in the rings? i do not have a floating cursor it just takes two or three tries to place them.

[Post New]by mistyscooby on Apr 4, 10 6:09 PM
Game was doing fine, no cursor trouble or anything like that, but when I got to the fireflies in the basement part, for some reason the game registered that I had clicked 31 fireflies, and the 31st went back to being one out of thirty. I re loaded my game, now there are green fireflies but I cannot click any of them! The man in the tank upstairs does not register that I have collected them all, however the hints bar does! If there isn't a fix, I suppose that I'll have to start completely over, which I WON'T be doing.

[Post New]by blackjack4360 on Apr 5, 10 5:18 PM
i am having same problem with fireflies

[Post New]by Simon_Wheeler on Apr 7, 10 7:51 AM
Puzzle on the steps of the museum, trying to dust off the XII: I've spent over ten minutes and still can't get this thing clean enough to transfer it. If this is the way it's supposed to work, the design sux! If not, why does everything else work and this one puzzle is hosed? No problems with the errant, erratic cursor. Running Vista on a pretty fast machine.

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Apr 7, 10 2:29 PM
I also had a problem with the floating cursor... When I tried to get
out of the game it took me forever to place the cursor. I am going
to delete it and see if they get a fix for it later. Looks like a good game!

knorthup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by knorthup on Apr 7, 10 9:45 PM
Same for me with the fireflies - made me get 31 and now registers only 1 in the jar so won't let me give them to anyone or collect any more. Is there a patch? So frustrating, don't really want to start over.

[Post New]by blackjack4360 on Apr 8, 10 5:36 AM
same thing for me too

[Post New]by Kasienka25 on Apr 9, 10 12:50 PM
I have problem with the red books which I must give to her father. I collected 16 books (should be 17) then the books pice together and disappear, I took another book under the chiar and this book is one, but I don't have any books. Have anyone got that problem too?

Sorry for my English

[Post New]by Smartnh67 on Apr 9, 10 10:15 PM
Cant even install the game. It downloads, then verifies, then starts downloading all over again. I let it cycle 3 times before I simply gave it up.

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Apr 17, 10 12:06 PM
I'm getting rid of the game because of the wild cursor. Had me cursing

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Apr 20, 10 6:11 AM
I wanted to like this game because I'm in the mood for another game BUT the floating cursor and the time it takes to download each chapter was too much for me. If and when this game is fixed, I'll put it on my to buy list.

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Apr 20, 10 6:13 AM
On second thought, How do you know when a game is fixed?

Go to: