Re:Comments and Reviews for The Three Musketeers: Queen Anne's Diamonds

[Post New]by flammable55 on Apr 7, 10 5:57 AM
I love this game. Though it is a little short due to it only being half a game. I am playing it through again now to complete all the sidequests.

I was getting a little bored of the seemingly endless list of HOGs being released on bigfish, this is a very welcome change.

I really hope the other half comes out soon, though I have already used my credit this month (for the first half of the game).

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 6:09:57 AM PST

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Apr 9, 10 12:20 AM
I loved this game. I didn't finish all achievements (got 79%) so I shall definitely go back and play it again after a couple of weeks have gone by. I never got to play cards so I will certainly try to do that next time.

The funniest thing for me was this:- I had been buying and selling trousers, breeches etc and I must have forgotten to equip the new pair. I came out of the shop, hopped on to my horse and as I was riding along a passerby stopped me and said something along the lines of " I think you have forgotten to put to put your trousers on!". I burst out laughing and nearly fell off my chair. I noticed he had bare legs but luckily his jacket was covering everything important! Needless to say I hastily equiped him!!

More of this type BFG please - a little gem that might have passed people by. I'm looking forward to next instalment.

[Post New]by mrspockfan on Apr 10, 10 11:02 AM
I agree. This is a funny and clever game. When I spoke to the man who was barefoot, he said something like "you people and your fancy footwear"..when I took my shoes off and spoke to him again, his comment was totally different. I had to laugh.

Now as I ride around, I try to do different things to see how the comments change

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 5:47:50 AM PST

narquailan
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by narquailan on Apr 17, 10 4:30 AM
Morning! I just finished the game, too. I loved everything about this game and intend to begin it again very soon. However, I must admit that the ending caught me off guard and was rather dissapointing. It's like watching a favorite TV show and they leave you with a season cliffhanger where it appears that half if not all the cast is dead! You want to scream! That's how this ending hit me. Where's the rest of the story??? When do we get it, or do we?
Other than that, LOVED the game and like others, I'm going back, making different choices to see what will happen this time. By the way, did anyone get all 4 promised horses? None of mine ever showed up, but then no one ever asked for an address, either.
Enjoy, I know I will.

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Apr 20, 10 11:27 PM
I really loved this game. I played through rather quickly and didn't do any side quests. Now I want to play again and see how much I can get done.

I also really loved how it was quite faithful to the original story.

Edited on 04/20/2010 at 11:28:12 PM PST

hendicky
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by hendicky on Apr 21, 10 5:41 AM
I am still enjoying this game immensely. As other players said, it has been sadly overlooked.
I found it by chance on the "new releases" site, but it was never on top of the list so many people may have missed out.
Tell Felix to put it on his faves and others can enjoy it too!
Ps Loved the comment about the trouserless D'artagnan.Will try that!

[Post New]by mrspockfan on Apr 21, 10 5:53 PM
Try the "no trousers" with different people, all different comments. Funny. Try firing the canon at the bastile

Kaliarii
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kaliarii on Apr 26, 10 11:09 PM
For me, I'm kind of digging the fact that the developers split this, for two reasons: 1) I can get the achievements while I wait for the second half, and 2) It's 2/3rds the price this way - 13.98 as opposed to 19.99. So I pay less, and I've got activities to tide me over in the meantime. And when the achievements and side quests are weighed into the overall game, I'd consider this game anything but "short" or easy.

Considering that just doing the main game took me about 2-3 hours, and the side quests have added at least another 2-3 hours, I feel like I've gotten my money's worth, particularly because had this game NOT been split, I'd likely have just played the main story and added the side quests to my ten-mile long to do list for adventure games I've currently got.

Just MHO, but I prefer having the game divided into two parts and pay quite a lot less - almost enough for a third game , and if you don't like the division, the developer has the original whole game up for sale for 19.99.

ETA: The "no trousers" suggestion produced hysterical results. And I love the reactions of the English people when you try to talk to them.

ETA2: I should clarify, as long as everything I've got now can be transferred to the next chunk of story, I'm cool with the split (like the Aveyond series. )

Edited on 04/26/2010 at 11:16:35 PM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 9, 10 11:17 PM
This is a great little game - it really is entertaining and something different. I had no idea it was only half the game when I purchased so looking forward to the other half which hopefully wont be too far away.

Anyone that normally does not bother to look at RPG style games should give this a go - it is fun. Play on easy and the fighting parts are more or less done automatically for you. You are shown where to go with arrows so you can just explore and enjoy the story

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 18, 10 12:50 PM
Just got around to playing this demo. I like the game environment - visual and sound. I like the animation. I'm not so sure I like going from one duel to another to another so much... But if it were a DD I'd certainly buy it... (And maybe then I'd have to have the second part, The Three Musketeers: Milady's Vengeance )

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 3, 13 3:10 PM
flammable55 wrote:I love this game. Though it is a little short due to it only being half a game. I am playing it through again now to complete all the sidequests.

I was getting a little bored of the seemingly endless list of HOGs being released on bigfish, this is a very welcome change.

I really hope the other half comes out soon, though I have already used my credit this month (for the first half of the game).

I'm actually FLABBERGASTED that anyone would call this short. This is one of the longest games I've ever bought from Big Fish. I would say there cant be more than 2 or 3 other games in all of the hundreds that I've bought and/or tried that are as long or longer than Queen Anne's Diamonds.

And I say this without having even finished yet. I hope that if anybody is like me, and takes game length into consideration before most other things sees the above review, they dont take it to heart because its basically the complete opposite of what I have found.

Go to: