Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by terri13p on Dec 11, 16 1:00 PM
I am just outside the prison cell and the map piece has disappeared from my inventory. The hint button does not work either. I am running Windows 7. I've tried quitting the game and going back in, and I've also tried running as administrator. I have not had any other problems with the game until now.

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by deejae101 on Dec 11, 16 1:20 PM
scaoli wrote:In "The Base" chapter the tongs are not available to take the heart from the statue. Looking at the strategy guide provided no help. The tongs are not mentioned anywhere! What a pain!!

I'm having the same problem. The tongs (pliers), along with the map piece, were in my inventory when I restarted the game, but as soon as I left the room I started out in, they disappeared. Everytime I restart the game it puts me back in the same room regardless of where I quit, with the inventory items I need, but then they disappear when I leave that room.

So frustrating! I suppose I'll have to try and replay the game all over again.

UPDATE: I didn't have to replay the game over. I just kept quitting in different rooms and starting again and eventually after several times the inventory items I needed finally reappeared! No rhyme or reason, and I actually had 2 Elfs at one time as well, very weird!

Edited on 12/11/2016 at 1:55:09 PM PST

2cats4u
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 2cats4u on Dec 11, 16 1:57 PM
To anyone who is having trouble with picking up morphing images, Check to see if your gas mask is on. I hadn't realized I shut mine off and started experiencing morphing issues, when I turned it back on I could retrieve the images. Hope that this will help.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 11, 16 2:08 PM
2cats4u wrote:To anyone who is having trouble with picking up morphing images, Check to see if your gas mask is on. I hadn't realized I shut mine off and started experiencing morphing issues, when I turned it back on I could retrieve the images. Hope that this will help.

That is a good suggestion, but unfortunately, it won't help me. I played exactly the same way with the purchased game as I did with the demo. Can't pick up morphing images. I'm assuming it's because the video is flashing and skipping.

[Post New]by thorin on Dec 11, 16 4:24 PM
im having same issue and im not on mac..??????????

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Dec 11, 16 6:58 PM
lolaluv wrote:Can't pick up the majority of the morphing objects and some of the cards - can SEE them, but can't get the cursor to recognize they're clickable. And secret room caused an access violation. Ick. Way too many issues with this game.

I'm having the same issues. Can't use the mask because my filter is done and there are no more in the game so can't pick up any morphing objects. the bonus chapter crashed with an access violation when I was putting the books together on the shelf and when I skipped because it wouldn't complete after rebooting ,even tho I had the right order, it didn't give me the clip for the wall puzzle so I have 3 pieces but am unable to continue and the hint is frozen in this room only. windows 10, 64 bit operating system x64 based processor.

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on Dec 12, 16 2:02 AM
The map piece in my inventory disappears and I cannot move forward because of it. I'm playing on Windows 10.

p7000
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by p7000 on Dec 12, 16 7:46 AM
@judyhatcher

I have exactly the same problem. No way to get the heater --> stuck.

I'm really bored in the meantime, the quality is rapidly going down game after game.
As I wrote already. I'm member since 2009 and seriously considering to quit :-(((

[Post New]by lynnieann95 on Dec 12, 16 9:47 AM
The game has frozen where I need a code plate to switch off the lazer beams in the store room. I had played the mini game and when it came to give me the code that's when the game had it's technical issue. My operating systems is windows 8.1 I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling but the glitch will not right itself. This far into the game I do not want to restart it only to reach this part again and the same happen. Ate the tech people going to do a fix for this and other issues other people seem to have? I have played all the other Mystery Trackers games and have never had a problem before so I'm surprised that makers of this calibre of game are putting a game out to the public which is so obviously faulty.

p7000
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by p7000 on Dec 13, 16 4:01 AM
And still no reaction at all how and when all the reported bugs will be repaired?

Did BF at least report that to the devs? This ist not my understanding of service.

Only to post always the same useless hints will not fix anything :-(

And yes, i know that this is the forum for technical issues, but at least this forum seems to be read by the BF-staff, all the other forums seem to be ignored rigorously.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Dec 13, 16 9:28 AM
I'm in the bonus chapter, back at the base. I went to get the beast symbols on the ground. After putting the queen's symbol on the door, I went to grab the one that was on top. It took the second one, then closed the window. Now, I can't play the mini-game because I'm short a piece. I'm on Win10.

esoays
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Missing Map Piece (Win 10)

[Post New]by esoays on Dec 13, 16 9:45 AM
Here's the solution that worked for me (with some clues from others on this board):

o Go back to the prison cell and quit the game completely (all the way out).
o Restart the game and your missing Map Piece will be in your inventory.
o Use the game Map and go directly (not thru the rooms) to the Conference Hall.
o The Map piece and dog will be back in inventory.

This is a coding flaw and needs to fixed through a patch ASAP...listening BFG?

Also, this is the second CE within the past two weeks in which I have encountered a problem for which users have provided clues to work-arounds and for which BFG has done NOTHING in response, save re-publishing that silly standard posting on issues.

One more of these, and I believe I will go elsewhere for games. I like puzzles but only those which are intentionally built into a game and not a result of sloppy coding/testing.

UPDATE: Lost the dog from inventory AGAIN in the Central Hall, so back to the cell, close out the game, re-open it, and use the game map to return to the Central Hall... and voila, dog's back. Extraordinarily frustrating and still no BFG action.

Edited on 12/13/2016 at 10:03:39 AM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 13, 16 10:17 AM
At the moment for me it's the curser going crazy is irritating me, has anyone else had the same problem, or is it just me?!

Sheilas2a
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Dec 13, 16 11:19 AM
The game keeps flashing uncontrollably. I lot out and back in and it is ok for a while. What a waste of money,

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Missing Map Piece (Win 10)

[Post New]by Bar80 on Dec 13, 16 1:52 PM
esoays wrote:Here's the solution that worked for me (with some clues from others on this board):

o Go back to the prison cell and quit the game completely (all the way out).
o Restart the game and your missing Map Piece will be in your inventory.
o Use the game Map and go directly (not thru the rooms) to the Conference Hall.
o The Map piece and dog will be back in inventory.

Did you have to start from scratch? I tried quitting at the jail cell and restarting game and I still don't have the map piece.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 13, 16 3:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to provide your experiences here with this game. I'm sorry players are having trouble with items disappearing from their inventories despite our preliminary troubleshooting steps previously provided. As a quick reminder, the Forum Moderation Team does not have the tools available to do further troubleshooting for a reported issue that is not being resolved by our Help Pages, which is why we request when players are unable to resolve those issues with those steps that they contact our Support Team for further assistance.

While we do not have the tools to make game changes or investigate the issue further from the forums, The Forum Moderation Team does have the tools to provide this sort of information to the right teams who can look further into it. I am going to go ahead and provide the contents of this thread and others in this game's forum to the right teams for their further investigation. In the meantime, if you are seeing items disappearing or not able to be interacted with in the game, I recommend trying to run the game as an Administrator to see if giving the game all the permissions it needs to run fully is able to assist:

Run Game as Administrator

For players seeing these issues on a Mac computer, the following steps have been able to resolve these sorts of issues in the past and are able to help for a variety of situations:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of the moderators via PM. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by mlcmary on Dec 13, 16 6:31 PM
When the demo was downloaded it worked fine. Now that I have bought the game its having lots of problems. The screen flashes and you can't move your mouse because the game freezes.. And it sounds like a broken record. Repeated sounds and what not.. Sure hope this problem gets fixed soon. Otherwise I want the two game credits returned that I used to purchased it..

[Post New]by fossilfriend on Dec 14, 16 6:25 AM
I am having issues with the sound effects in MT: Queen of hearts. Just trying to play the demo. Sound effects (like the horn in the bus or clicks when moving in a puzzle elements) seem to be stuck in a loop and continue until I exit back to the menu. They even persist from one screen to another.

My operating system is Windows 10.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 14, 16 9:17 AM
Hi mlcmary and fossilfriend,

I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present in your game. It is highly recommended to refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve these issues. Please keep in mind that the third help article is specific to the Windows 10 system:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Windows 10

If issues persists after trying the troubleshooting steps in the above help articles, pleae reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

babs0258
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by babs0258 on Dec 14, 16 1:29 PM
Had map piece in inventory. It disappeared. Cannot go any further in game until way to get it back and use it! Windows 7. First time with this problem with any game.

Go to: