Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by gray_selkie on Dec 17, 16 6:06 AM
Santa's Little Helper banner won't go away. If I click on it, it shows achievements window. If I X out of that, it goes back to Santa's Little Helper. Can't click out of it so it is blocking top left of game window. Annoying as I can't select things blocked by the banner.

I have ipad air 2 and ios 10.2.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Lejovich1 on Dec 17, 16 9:11 AM
Rebecca12674 wrote:Problem in brother's room opening drawer under Christmas tree puzzle. I am playing on a Windows 10.

I am having this same issue. The drawer under the Christmas tree puzzle in the brothers' room won't open. Help please. Game is stuck here until I can get that piece.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by MysteryAngel145 on Dec 17, 16 9:28 AM
I can't get the cursor to show up to know where to go- I'm playing "blind" moving my mouse until something (a menu button for instance) lights up, so I know to click there - iI managed to change out of a custom cursor- but still it was invisible and made gameplay frustrating and nearly impossible.
As a result, I could not play the demo and had to quit it.

I am on Windows 8.1

Added to say- this is the first this has happened to me- I played other demos of new releases this week with no problem at all, I own other Daily Magic games and have played them without trouble - so I don't think this is a problem with my monitor or computer...

I had really looked forward to playing this game (and likely then buying it as is usually the case with games I really am drawn to/like, and I love Christmas games), so this is a big disappointment.

Edited on 12/17/2016 at 12:19:11 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by lauriesign on Dec 17, 16 1:12 PM
Lejovich1 wrote:
Rebecca12674 wrote:Problem in brother's room opening drawer under Christmas tree puzzle. I am playing on a Windows 10.

I am having this same issue. The drawer under the Christmas tree puzzle in the brothers' room won't open. Help please. Game is stuck here until I can get that piece.

Ditto... I completed the Christmas Tree Puzzle and then the drawer won't open. I can't continue on in the game now.

Re:Brothers Room - Drawer with slide will not open

[Post New]by Bethanykc28 on Dec 17, 16 1:48 PM
I am also having issue in the Brothers Room with getting the drawer under the Christmas Tree Puzzle open. Windows 10

Sheilas2a
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Dec 17, 16 2:18 PM
I;m having issues in the cave. One of the items in the list cant be found (the letter) and the hint just keeps telling me there is nothing to do in that location. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by Foxtail1 on Dec 17, 16 3:37 PM
I am playing on an iPad mini- I cannot 'take' the third telescope button from the Elf Board of honor portrait. I can see it with magnifying glass, but cannot 'get' it? Please help - I just purchased this game yesterday and now I'm stuck!

[Post New]by susanhelmer on Dec 17, 16 4:28 PM
iam glad to see it is not just me with the christmas tree thing do you know when they will fix it any ideas

[Post New]by norriedawn on Dec 17, 16 7:00 PM
I am having the same problem others have mentioned. I cannot get the last slide. The drawer won't open under the tree. I get the following error:
YuletideLegends_CE Error
Division but 0

I have an iPad, operating system iOS 10.2.

OzGuy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by OzGuy on Dec 17, 16 9:16 PM
c8h10n4o2 wrote:In the last chapter I use the electrical tape under the tree and it leaves my inventory, but the wire keeps sparking (with tape on it) so I can't get the coin. Stopped progress dead. I'm so close!

Same problem here on a WIndows 10 PC

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Dec 17, 16 10:47 PM
I cannot get the coin from the Christmas tree in Santa's house after fixing the wire.

codom
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by codom on Dec 18, 16 8:47 AM
I had the same issue as many others in the brothers room with the Xmas tree puzzle but found the solution...

I believe the bug is that the puzzle allows you to assemble the Xmas tree in incorrect order. This causes the drawer below not to open and you get stuck.

First, I exited the game completely and went back in.

Go back to the puzzle and click the arrows to get the parts for the tree from BOTTOM OF THE TREE TO THE TOP (You will have to click both arrows until the tree part you need appears)

When done in the correct order the drawer below will open.

Hope this helps!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 18, 16 2:31 PM
mamajay wrote:I got through most of the game without any problems, until I had to use the tape on the broken wires in the Christmas tree. The SG says to use the tape then pick up the coin, which of course is the logical order.

Did that, then was unable to pick up the gold coin hiding behind it, as there seems to be no way to move the wires out of the way. Sigh.

Tried several times, but finally gave up and deleted the game. Now I am re-installing it, hoping that I will be more successful this time.

Jen.

After re-installing the game, I was back at the tree, with the same problem. So, sadly, I quit that game and started again with a new name, and when I got back to the tree, held my breath, put the tape on the wires, and voila! It worked, lol. I was finally able to get that coin and continue the game

I have Win 10 on pc with 64 bit.

Cheers

Am having the same trouble and am running Windows 10. Very discouraging to think I have to completely replay the game to get past this point. What is it with these games anymore? There has got to be a bug in the program.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 18, 16 2:31 PM
mamajay wrote:I got through most of the game without any problems, until I had to use the tape on the broken wires in the Christmas tree. The SG says to use the tape then pick up the coin, which of course is the logical order.

Did that, then was unable to pick up the gold coin hiding behind it, as there seems to be no way to move the wires out of the way. Sigh.

Tried several times, but finally gave up and deleted the game. Now I am re-installing it, hoping that I will be more successful this time.

Jen.

After re-installing the game, I was back at the tree, with the same problem. So, sadly, I quit that game and started again with a new name, and when I got back to the tree, held my breath, put the tape on the wires, and voila! It worked, lol. I was finally able to get that coin and continue the game

I have Win 10 on pc with 64 bit.

Cheers

Am having the same trouble and am running Windows 10. Very discouraging to think I have to completely replay the game to get past this point. What is it with these games anymore? There has got to be a bug in the program.

Obsic
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Obsic on Dec 18, 16 3:56 PM
Lejovich1 wrote:

I'm having the same issue.

Edited on 12/18/2016 at 3:57:45 PM PST

[Post New]by lotusmom on Dec 18, 16 5:38 PM
In the brother's room, after putting together the three Christmas tree parts in the right order, the drawer doesn't open to give me the slide. I tried restarting the computer, clicking on the arrows to get the pieces back. They came back and I put them back together in the right order many times, but still the drawer doesn't open. I can't go any further. Please help!

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Dec 18, 16 7:58 PM
Same problem as many others seem to be having with the coin and electrical tape.
So close to the end of the mail game and can not finish because of this Tech Issue.

Someone did post that they started the game over under a different name and was able to get past this issue, but I sure don't want to start over from the beginning again so please advise if this problem will be fixed any time soon.....

Desktop computer Windows 7

[Post New]by GlacierMyst on Dec 18, 16 9:49 PM
I can't get the cursor to show up to know where to go- I'm playing "blind" moving my mouse until something (a menu button for instance) lights up, so I know to click there. Finally ended up having to go into task manager to end task.

Unfortunately I purchased this without doing the demo first. I should have known better. However at this day and age I shouldn't have to Demo a product that should work.

My computer is less than a year old and operates under Windows 10.

bgnam8r
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bgnam8r on Dec 19, 16 9:25 AM
lotusmom wrote:In the brother's room, after putting together the three Christmas tree parts in the right order, the drawer doesn't open to give me the slide. I tried restarting the computer, clicking on the arrows to get the pieces back. They came back and I put them back together in the right order many times, but still the drawer doesn't open. I can't go any further. Please help!

I am having exactly the same issue only now the tree parts do not come back. Have tried it witht the snowflake depressed & not depressed as well, no tree parts.

Running updated Windows 10 on a gaming PC. Hate it when bugs aren't addressed quickly.

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Dec 19, 16 12:02 PM
Having same issue as many others with the electrical taped wire not allowing me to get the coin under the tree. Like many others, I shouldn't have to restart the game numerous times or under other player names in order to finish a game that should've been playable with no glitches from the beginning. I am running the game on a iMac desktop OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6 (not ready to upgrade to Sierra quite yet), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with plenty of hard drive and memory, so I know it's not my system. I've been giving serious thought to dropping my subscription after almost 7 years because more and more often the games don't load or have issues that should've been worked out before the games were ever released, but seems BFG has gone the way of every other company out there - in it for the money and not customer satisfaction.

Go to: