Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 7 here.

[Post New]by smilingsun72 on Dec 20, 16 7:57 PM
This is the first time any of the Christmas Wonderland games have given me trouble.
As soon as start the game a box appears in the upper right corner with running something than disappears. Next the game is so blown up I can't do anything with it. I have to either exit by way of windows key on the keyboard or task manager. When I close the game it rearranges all my desktop icons on the screen. I completely removed the game and reinstalled it to find the same thing happening again. I made sure that my Windows 10 and BF app was updated like someone suggested in the comments in this section. (Being an avid gamer I have a uptodate computer, video card and make sure to keep everything updated regularly. I have Windows 10 64 bit OS. This frustrating because I can't play the new CW7, which I have been looking forward too.

[Post New]by xmassully on Dec 20, 16 9:07 PM
I have the same problem as mentioned above: the game is so blown up I can't do anything with it. I have Windows 7 & have never had a problem like this.

Nolaj
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Nolaj on Dec 20, 16 9:27 PM
Figured out how to get it to load. After I bought it it keep saying could have been moved or deleted. So I downloaded it as if I was going to use the trial. Then when it finished downloading I clicked buy and of course it said I owned it and I clicked to activate and now I have it and it is playing great. Weird!!!!!!

[Post New]by granger on Dec 21, 16 1:15 PM
Couldn't play Christmas Wonderland 7, same issue black screen that is small, mouse flickers. Can play all the others in this series, very disappointing. Big Fish needs to re-vamp their games so all can play. Merry Christmas.

Edited on 12/21/2016 at 1:16:21 PM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Dec 21, 16 9:01 PM
No issues at all on my XP, a few people had mentioned it, so maybe needs update??

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 22, 16 11:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been encountering technical issues in the game. The Moderation Team appreciates everyone who's taken the time to report these glitches, and I'm going to go ahead and pass them along to that the appropriate team is aware of the situation. In the meantime, there are some steps in our help articles that may be useful.

To troubleshoot the technical problems that are coming up, we suggest trying the steps in the following, which can be particularly helpful in situations like these:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Additionally, the following help article has steps that can often assist when a game is displaying strangely:

Screen Resolution

If these issues are continuing we then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to help as best they can.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Dec 25, 16 9:48 AM
To the Developers of this wonderful game. We are many who are reporting tech issues. I've deleted and rerun this program many times. I'm using Windows 10. I've never had any problems with any of your games. IS THERE ANY REPAIRING OF THIS GAME IN SIGHT??? I would love to buy it.. Visually stunning, the audio is the biggest problem. It freezes way too many times...

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Dec 25, 16 9:50 AM
How does one run game as administrator?

[Post New]by jolemi on Dec 26, 16 2:21 PM
kythuff167 wrote:
Ppapier wrote:Enjoyed the game in advance and downloaded the trial version before buying, just to make sure that the game was OK. ....

Unfortunately it doesn't "want" to run on my pc. I have Windows 7 and a very good pc. When I launch the game I just get this warning: "s3e application launcher stopped working".

Any fix would be appreciated. Thank you.

Same issue here but running 10 instead.

I also have this problem with this game as well as with few other games. Searched over the net for various solutions, tried some of them but nothing works. If anyone has a solution that do work for Windows 10, that would be really appreciated!

[Post New]by Rgentry on Dec 27, 16 6:14 PM
Freezes, I unloaded and redownloaded it still freezes. I am on a new computer HP with Windows 10. Never had this problem.

[Post New]by BethieSan on Jan 2, 17 12:23 PM
Just purchased Christmas Wonderland 7 for a MAC (10.9.5) Using Safari 9.1.3
Downloaded, then installed. when clicking play, a small black screen comes up and then disappears. I either get an error code 900, or 809. I tried force quitting the game manager, restarting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. nothing works. in the process, my computer was compromised, and I then lost internet connection, and had to call my server to bring it back. Went back in and went thru the same processes, only to again have the small black screen which quickly disappears. IF there is a glitch with this game, i would like a credit if I cannot play the game.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Jan 2, 17 1:13 PM
Black screen for me on XP too

CW6 didn't work either, good job I've been enjoying CW5 this Christmas

I know XP is an old OS but everything else on my computer works fine so I don't see any point in upgrading it yet.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Jan 8, 17 5:21 PM
Hello!

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and I'm having a problem using the "System Cursor." I cut off the Custom Cursor in the option's Menu and there is just that blue circle spinning around. The one that you see in Windows when something is loading. So, no System Cursor. Just the loading blue circle. Albeit, you can still click on things with it.

[Post New]by BethieSan on Jan 21, 17 9:25 PM
Purchased the game for MAC, and was never able to play. I download, install, and when I click to play, a black small window comes up and disappears, and I get a message that it unexpectedly quit. MAC 10.9.5 Safari 9.1.3 I contacted Big Fish and have received no email or help. I would either like this game to work, or refund or credit me. I have not had a problem playing other games.What can I do?

[Post New]by rlharrell on Jan 29, 17 10:19 AM
I am having trouble with the program displaying to large for the screen, the menus are off the screen and unaccessable. I am running windows 10.

[Post New]by BethieSan on Mar 4, 17 9:42 PM
BethieSan wrote:Purchased the game for MAC, and was never able to play. I download, install, and when I click to play, a black small window comes up and disappears, and I get a message that it unexpectedly quit. MAC 10.9.5 Safari 9.1.3 I contacted Big Fish and have received no email or help. I would either like this game to work, or refund or credit me. I have not had a problem playing other games.What can I do?
POSTED THIS JANUARY 21, AND HAVE RECEIVED NO HELP AND NO RESPONSE. TRIED AGAIN AND GET THE SAME BLACK BOX THAT DISAPPEARS AFTER I PRESS PLAY. WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO RESPOND TO HELP THOSE WHO HAVE PURCHASED A GAME THAT DOES NOT WORK. Safari 9.1.3 and MAC OSX 10.9.5

ella
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ella on Jul 18, 17 6:38 PM
I am only trying the trial version. It opens so huge, that I cannot see any menu. To remove, must go to task manager. Have tried several times.
I have WINDOWS 10...fully updated.

[Post New]by JCPennys on Aug 27, 17 12:03 AM
I'm having the same problems as other XP users. Small black screen over top of the BFG game manager, flashing cursor but have the audio. I have to go to Task Manager to close the game.

I recall having difficulty with CW6 but it was eventually resolved after several weeks. CW7 has been available for several MONTHS and still there is a problem.

[Post New]by valmahenry77 on Nov 23, 17 2:36 PM
I bought Christmas wonderland in 2016, but every time I try playing the game the words ' OUT OF RANGE' come up, even though I can see the game in the background What can be done to fix this. I just downloaded the game in trial mode now in 2017 and the 'OUT OF RANGE' words come up again. I am working with p.c.windows 10
thanks

Edited on 11/23/2017 at 2:38:05 PM PST

[Post New]by dmfortsmith on Nov 30, 17 4:27 PM
SolarEclipse wrote:Hello!

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and I'm having a problem using the "System Cursor." I cut off the Custom Cursor in the option's Menu and there is just that blue circle spinning around. The one that you see in Windows when something is loading. So, no System Cursor. Just the loading blue circle. Albeit, you can still click on things with it.

Same here. Win 7.

Go to: