daisey88
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by daisey88 on Dec 27, 16 1:05 PM
Same here...Macbook Pro

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 27, 16 10:10 PM
I have a different problem. I am playing on a PC with Windows 10 Professional 64 bit and as I got started at the gas station, I found the Empty Gas Can. Trying to be a logical player, I left it sitting by the gas pump as I went in search of other items. When I discovered the Electric Pump and went back to install it, the game will not let me. I keep getting messages like, "There must be another way" and "I thought that would work". I checked the SG and it tells you to "Add the Electric Pump and Empty Gas Can". I wonder if this is a glitch that is triggered because I placed the Empty Gas Can before I had the Electric Pump.

I have submitted an inquiry to Customer Support with a Dr. Felix report attached. If anyone else has a possible solution, please let me know. I will keep everyone apprised of any help I receive from .

[Post New]by baedwe on Dec 28, 16 8:15 AM
I have down loaded this game twice and it still will not open

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 28, 16 2:54 PM
thistle809 wrote:... I found the Empty Gas Can. Trying to be a logical player, I left it sitting by the gas pump as I went in search of other items. When I discovered the Electric Pump and went back to install it, the game will not let me. I keep getting messages like, "There must be another way" and "I thought that would work". I checked the SG and it tells you to "Add the Electric Pump and Empty Gas Can". I wonder if this is a glitch that is triggered because I placed the Empty Gas Can before I had the Electric Pump. .

I placed the gas can before the pump. You just need to find the magic sweet spot, if you will, to place the pump. Just click everywhere.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 28, 16 2:57 PM
braedan05 wrote:I am in the conference room trying to "put the sun/moon in the centre of the wood piece". I do not have the wood piece. According to the SG, In parenthesis is the word 'inventory' so I assume it is already there but I don't have it. Also each time I click on hint it is always the rooftop no matter where I am or what I have previously done.

The WOOD PIECES can be found on the rooftop; you need the CHISEL to get it. Once you have the WOOD PIECES, select it from the inventory, place the sun and moon, then take the DECORATION.

[Post New]by sandydandy32 on Dec 29, 16 6:32 AM
SAME PROBLEM - GAME FREEZES UP .

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Dec 29, 16 1:05 PM
Persistent_Cat wrote:
braedan05 wrote:I am in the conference room trying to "put the sun/moon in the centre of the wood piece". I do not have the wood piece. According to the SG, In parenthesis is the word 'inventory' so I assume it is already there but I don't have it. Also each time I click on hint it is always the rooftop no matter where I am or what I have previously done.

The WOOD PIECES can be found on the rooftop; you need the CHISEL to get it. Once you have the WOOD PIECES, select it from the inventory, place the sun and moon, then take the DECORATION.

Although I still have the chisel, there are NO clickable areas on the rooftop on which to use it; the hint button does not highlight any areas when I'm on the rooftop but tells me to go there if I'm not on the rooftop. I cannot proceed further with the game - any help would be appreciated.

Suzzzzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Suzzzzz on Dec 30, 16 9:37 AM
I finished the game with no technical issues. However when I try to do the secret room I have issues. I found the four books (necro...), but the games doesn't progress to show me the next objects to find and the hint button shows nothing.

I am on Windows 10.

[Post New]by jsappel18 on Jan 2, 17 9:22 AM
I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Rather than suggest the problem is with our systems, perhaps there is a bug in the software. I believe you need to look into the issue, rather than suggest everyone's system needs to be updated.

[Post New]by thayerprincess on Jan 4, 17 6:11 AM
game crashes in front of hotel

[Post New]by savaged123 on Jan 6, 17 4:32 PM
kaz85802 wrote:
Persistent_Cat wrote:

Although I still have the chisel, there are NO clickable areas on the rooftop on which to use it; the hint button does not highlight any areas when I'm on the rooftop but tells me to go there if I'm not on the rooftop. I cannot proceed further with the game - any help would be appreciated.

I too a having this problem and haven't seen any answers that resolve it. Gonna contact BF

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jan 8, 17 4:51 PM
MAC 10.11.6

Same crash problem at the beginning of the game while garnering energy.

[Post New]by Catty_Queen on Jan 17, 17 9:15 AM
Suzzzzz wrote:I finished the game with no technical issues. However when I try to do the secret room I have issues. I found the four books (necro...), but the games doesn't progress to show me the next objects to find and the hint button shows nothing.

I am on Windows 10.

I am also having problems with the Secret Room. In order to progress through all of the Secret Room stages, I have to exit and re-enter for each object. And there seems to be more than one ghost for the last spot. I had to find two or three ghosts in each room before I could complete the Secret Room.

I'm on Windows 8.

iamalulu
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by iamalulu on Jan 18, 17 12:15 PM
My computer lost power during the game and when I started it again it said that my profile had been corrupted and asked me to enter my name. I entered the same name I had been playing with, but my entire progress has been lost...I was almost at the end of the Bonus Game.....Is there any way to fix this, I am not about to play the whole thing over again! Playing on Windows 7 Dell Alienware

antimaim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by antimaim on Jan 21, 17 3:45 PM
I'm having a completely different problem. Every time I try to download this game, my antivirus software opens up and tells me that I'm trying to download a very high risk file and recommends strongly that it be removed.

After reading all the other problems folks are having with this game, I'm inclined to contact BF directly and ask for a refund.

Lupino54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Lupino54 on Jan 28, 17 8:53 AM
No bucket available on the bonus part....i'm not the only one with that bug....

cattyha
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by cattyha on Jan 29, 17 12:44 PM
My MacBook Pro running El Captain 10.11.6 crashes at the beginning trying to catch the energy orbs during the demo. This is a game glitch... what is the fix?

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Jan 30, 17 11:51 AM
Another crash victim.
On iMac, Sierra 10.12.3.

Game crashed in front of the hotel. Third time round, I clicked on all other active areas first and on the pond the last; afterwards I could collect the energy without crash.
Maybe it was just luck.
Next crash happened right at the end of the second chapter.

That's as far as I've gotten now, and I dread the prospect of more crashes to come. Mainly because every time it happens, I lose some of my progress.

It decreases the fun factor significantly, and seeing here that the problem was described over and over for more than a month doesn't help.

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Feb 2, 17 12:02 PM
Now I've finished the main game.
One more scene with crashes, at the lake. Again picking up energy balls. This time it took me 6 tries to get through it.

I think I should get an additional achievement - for perseverance.

[Post New]by prepare2fly on Feb 24, 17 6:41 PM
Same issue, the game crashes right at the beginning when I attempt to re-collect the green energy balls (on a MacBook Pro, and software all up to date), I also, tried to uninstall and then re-install the game with the same issue.

I will not purchase this game due to the fact that the game crashes not even 5 minutes into game play?....and that "bug" was not detected?...OK...well this is a continuing issue at Big Fish Games on MORE than several games released over the last year/year and a half. And yes, they do provide you compensation with a coupon for a different game (not exactly a refund, yet better than nothing)...but Big Fish, what if the reason that I purchased a game with a major "bug" (i.e. games crashes, corrupted file/data not saved, etc), that's it probably because I wanted to play THAT GAME....and if I wanted the OTHER game (that I used the coupon to purchase), I would have BOUGHT the other game.....

I have had a membership for at least 6 years, and the previous customer service was great. You could chat live with a customer service rep RIGHT WHEN YOU HAD A PROBLEM and they would attempt to walk you through that issue (which they usually were able to accomplish), whereas now, there is no chat option available, I send an email, that receives a reply 2 days later with a coupon for a free game....but what if I really wanted to play the game that I purchased?....Let's fix that instead!!

I will try the several suggestions that I saw to get past the glitch....Thank you...

Go to: