Mazou884
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed here.

[Post New]by Mazou884 on Jan 8, 17 7:01 AM
Just adding to the statistics here. Playing on a new PC that came with Win 10. This is the standard now and has been for a while already. I did not even think to check for Win 10 compatibility before buying a new release. And it repeatedly freezes at about 2/3 into the story. Too bad, I was really enjoying it.

acgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by acgal on Jan 10, 17 8:47 AM
I bought the game and tried to download in Game Manager queue but nothing is in the queue. Tried to install from my account/purchase history and still nothing goes to queue. Rebooted the computer and still nothing. Help. Windows 7 Dell Alienware

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 10, 17 10:46 AM
Hello Mazou884 and acgal,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences here. I wanted to just swim by real fast to provide some preliminary troubleshooting as well as how to reach our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

Mazou884, I'm sorry that the game is freezing. There may be a few reasons this is happening and there may be some assistance available from our Help Pages. The first link below contains general steps to help PCs that encounter crashing, freezing, or a blank screen, and the second link is a more specific help page developed for Windows 10 PCs:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Windows 10

acgal, in regards to a game that doesn't seem to want to download or install properly, I recommend trying the following page of steps as they may be able to quickly resolve that issue:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If those steps don't seem to work or if you would just like additional assistance, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. If you would like additional troubleshooting assistance, be sure to provide details of what has already been tried and a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you both for your time and patience, and I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other forum moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed here. Issue on 1/18/17

[Post New]by Jadis275 on Jan 18, 17 11:31 AM
Dear friends who have played or are playing Cursed,
Hi I'm Kira,
I don't know if this is a techinical issue or me simply not knowing what to do next or both. My problem concerns the moment after a cutscene when the demon gate has been destoryed with the amulet and the demon bad guy has been vanquished the players character has dialogue with the ghost of justin and the other ghosts appear to be free of their curse and my character thinks she see albert walk toward her from out of the mist, here's where I am stuck, after the cutscene finishes, I am facing the demon gate in ruins, the only thing I can move with the mouse is the crowbar in my inventory and I don't know what to do with the crowbar in the scene I am looking at to get to the next perhaps final moment in the game, I can't press the menus button or the hint button or the map button, all I can do is move the crowbar around the screen and I don't know what do next to finish the game and see the credits roll. has anyone else who has played cursed encountered this problem or knows how to get past this moment, if so any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Kira

[Post New]by melmcl on Jan 22, 17 6:27 AM
I've had to restart the game for not using the pliers on the broken key right away - if you use them outside the area first, they disappear and you can't get the broken key out.
I started again and was almost complete but now, when I start the game, I get to the very first cut scene, after the BFG/developer logo, and the game gets an access error.
I've tried all the tricks with changing the compatibility, updating drivers etc. The game won't start and the access error number keeps changing. I'm using Windows 8.
Any more ideas besides removing/reinstalling?

charfoust
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by charfoust on Feb 2, 17 2:05 PM
I got to the crypt, obtained the arboreal demon's blood, refreshed and cut the rose, and now I'm stuck. None of the buttons work, I can't go back or open the menu or map. The mouse works and the music plays, but I have to either use Alt+F4 or the Task Manager to close the application. When I restart, I'm back outside the crypt with the demon blood and the gold sun. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on a Dell Inspiron 7559 with 16 Gb of RAM and an NVidia GeForce GTX 960M graphics adapter. Everything is fully up to date. I reinstalled the game already because the first time it came up in a tiny window instead of full screen.

JaceDelft
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by JaceDelft on Feb 11, 17 10:32 AM
charfroust,

Had exactly the same problem in the crypt.
I run Windows XP 32bit Home on a nine year old desktop.

When I restarted the game (for the 3rd time) I went to the Ritual site first and placed the Cup with Blood.

Then I returned to the crypt and got the rose. Everything worked fine from then.

Hope this helps.

jace.

Go to: