Siem Reap - Level Help

Re:Siem Reap - Level Help

[Post New]by jah763 on Aug 4, 17 8:43 PM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:I suspect that the sand timers you keep clicking on are probably the normal sand timers, not the eternal freezes. they are very different, but sounds like a good plan to check with the team first

I think you're right. I just looked at the timers and they're not eternal freezes. It looks like they were switched out with regular timers. I contacted a moderator to see if there's a glitch. Someone else in this forum said they used eternal freezes to get past 100, so they were there at one time!

[Post New]by 310celina on Aug 28, 17 1:10 PM
The incense sticks on HH 33 Siem Reap are making me crazy. What is the exit strategy? I would appreciate any hints.

[Post New]by 310celina on Aug 28, 17 1:22 PM
I purchased an eternal freeze for level 100, but it wasn't eternal. I ran out of time, purchased a regular sand timer and ran out of time without completing the level to earn my 350 coins. What a rip! Not happy. My advice would be to ignore this one and not waste your money on the eternal freeze. If this is a glitch, it needs to be fixed. I used to be a happy, contented player.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 29, 17 12:10 AM
310celina. The exit strategy on the HH is one of either two options. Either smash up all the ice in the central column to faciltate the 'port holes' so they drop straight out down that column and out the bottom, or, you can switch them sideways and down the colum and out. You might have to do both as you may not get every one of them in a position to swap sideways, smashing up the ice will be easier, but all depends on the moves you get in the game.

As for the eternal freeze there must be a glitch as eternal freezes do work. Contact the GD team or a mod about this issue.

Jannes2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jannes2 on Nov 7, 17 1:02 PM
Reached level 100, impossible to clear, not enough greens coming down in 2 minutes. Have read the previous comments about buying eternal freezes, but I feel that each game should be solvable without buying help. I pride myself on doing just that and have played some games up to 10 times to finally get it. I don't like to be forced into buying help and feel that this level 100 needs to be adjusted. In the meantime, I would love to hear from someone with suggestions.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 8, 17 4:38 PM
Hello Jannes2,

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like Siem Reap, Level 100 has been difficult, and I agree. The time constraint and the need to detonate the green Color Blockers make it a very challenging level. To beat this level, I focused as much as possible on making Line Crushers and Lightening Bolts . Matching the Lightening Bolts with green gummies helped me detonate the Color Blockers.

Since this level is so difficult, I'll pass along this feedback to the teams behind the game. The Moderation Team isn't involved with fine tuning levels and can't guarantee a level will be adjusted, but we always want to advocate for our players.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any remaining questions, don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We'll be happy to provide help.

bfgBeruna

canuck_53
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by canuck_53 on Dec 4, 17 10:57 AM
There seems to be a glitch at Siem Reap helping hand at 32-2. The incense does not drop through the middle column even when it is fully cleared. I had some luck matching through the drop-through points (in a way that the drop-throughs don’t usually work, that is pulling an incense down through the drop-through point to match) but neither matching below the incense nor using a shovel to destroy the gummies below the incense works.

Moderator, I posted this on the tech help thread, too, but could you perhaps give them a nudge, please?

canuck_53
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by canuck_53 on Dec 4, 17 2:02 PM
You know things aren’t going well in Gummy Drop when the new Marathon Challenge starts with Siem Reap level 100, which is impossible to win without buying a Time Freeze.

No marathon for me. I already had to buy one time freeze to do the first level.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 7, 17 1:48 PM
Hello canuck_53,

Thank you for providing your experiences with these levels. After looking at Siem Reap 32 - 2, I am not seeing the incense or experiencing the glitch that is being reported. I recommend contacting our Gummy Drop! Support Team with a screenshot of the issue being experienced along with a description. This will help our Reps better determine what the next best steps might be. If you could also provide your User ID along with those screenshots, our Reps will be able to follow up more rapidly.

Just in case, the following articles can assist with getting a screenshot on a mobile device, just be sure to choose the appropriate device type from the options below:

How do I take a screenshot? (Android)
How do I take a screenshot? (iOS)

As for Seam Reap 100, I can absolutely provide some insight into how I was able to complete this level without needing to use extra time or Time Freeze boosts. This level appears daunting because it is covered with tiles that can only really be broken by filling the color blockers on the sides of the board.

What I recommend is to start matching gummies, any gummy match at all. If possible, try to create a line crush, bomb boost, or Lightning Boost with any move you make. I don't recommend focusing on the green gummies, as these will deplete quickly early and it's better to just make matches to continue getting more gummies to drop. Start near the bottom, which will encourage 'cascade' matches. Always be ready to make the next match to minimize the time taken to move pieces.

Sometimes, you may find that you are unable to make a match as the clock counts down, this is because the game is still 'cascading' and making matches. In these moments, try to take note of the areas of the board not changing and see if there are matches to be made there, after the cascade ends. This will allow a player to continue making matches after the cascade completes with minimal time spent.

Edited on 12/07/2017 at 2:09:29 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 7, 17 1:50 PM
If you are able to do so, making Lightning Boosts can quickly clear a large area of the board. I recommend trying to make these about mid way through the level as this can help when you would like a 'reset' of the board state or to get more green gummies to appear. Once a majority of the board has been cleared of color blockers, it's possible to start making matches to clear tiles as usual with the time that is remaining.

Cascades are important in this level because of the limited space available to begin with. The more matches made, the more likely more of the board will be clear to make more matches and cascades.

I hope this is helpful as it's how I was able to finish this specific level in Siem Reap without using Time Freeze or extra time. That said, it took me three attempts, so it may take a few attempts to complete without using boosts. Thank you for your time and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/07/2017 at 2:08:44 PM PST

canuck_53
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by canuck_53 on Dec 7, 17 7:43 PM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello canuck_53,

Thank you for providing your experiences with these levels. After looking at Siem Reap 32 - 2, I am not seeing the incense or experiencing the glitch that is being reported. I recommend contacting our <a href="https://gummydrop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002183188">Gummy Drop! Support Team</a> with a screenshot of the issue being experienced along with a description. This will help our Reps better determine what the next best steps might be. If you could also provide your <a href="https://gummydrop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002081147">User ID</a> along with those screenshots, our Reps will be able to follow up more rapidly.

Just in case, the following articles can assist with getting a screenshot on a mobile device, just be sure to choose the appropriate device type from the options below:

<a href="https://gummydrop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002081267">How do I take a screenshot? (Android)</a>
<a href="https://gummydrop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002081247">How do I take a screenshot? (iOS)</a>

As for Seam Reap 100, I can absolutely provide some insight into how I was able to complete this level without needing to use extra time or Time Freeze boosts. This level appears daunting because it is covered with tiles that can only really be broken by filling the color blockers on the sides of the board.

What I recommend is to start matching gummies, any gummy match at all. If possible, try to create a line crush, bomb boost, or Lightning Boost with any move you make. I don't recommend focusing on the green gummies, as these will deplete quickly early and it's better to just make matches to continue getting more gummies to drop. Start near the bottom, which will encourage 'cascade' matches. Always be ready to make the next match to minimize the time taken to move pieces.

Sometimes, you may find that you are unable to make a match as the clock counts down, this is because the game is still 'cascading' and making matches. In these moments, try to take note of the areas of the board not changing and see if there are matches to be made there, after the cascade ends. This will allow a player to continue making matches after the cascade completes with minimal time spent.

I’m referring to the Helping Hand just above Siem Reap 32-2.

Edited on 12/07/2017 at 7:45:36 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 8, 17 3:38 PM
Hello canuck_53,

I'm sorry it sounds like there's been trouble dropping the matches through the bottom of the board for Siem Reap, Level 32-3. This sounds like a technical error, so I want to add my encouragement to that of bfgIlinalta: please contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to investigate what's happening and how to fix this.

Please take a screenshot of the matches when they won't drop through the bottom of the board. This will help the Support Team look into what's happening. The help articles below explain how to take and send a screenshot.

Taking a Screenshot
Attach a File to Your Email

Be sure to include the game's User ID as well. Once you contact our Support Team, they'll provide help as quickly as they can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Dec 18, 17 10:40 AM
canuck_53 wrote:You know things aren’t going well in Gummy Drop when the new Marathon Challenge starts with Siem Reap level 100, which is impossible to win without buying a Time Freeze.

No marathon for me. I already had to buy one time freeze to do the first level.

I managed level 100 tier 1 by using 3 shovels to clear 3 of the colorblockers on the left of the right column, so I could play this column immediately. I did need 1 extra time, so I spent 150 coins on boosts which is much better than buying an eternal freeze.

Still it is not worth it to go for the 320 coins if you have to buy an eternal freeze for 370 coins to win tier 2. This one has the tinfoil that needs 2 hits in between the colorblockers...

Edited on 12/18/2017 at 10:41:16 AM PST

[Post New]by RobbieRobb on Jan 4, 18 2:32 AM
how do you open levels to play marathon in london??l

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 4, 18 3:10 AM
you simply tap on the flag, the level will open up and you do the level. You will have to do all ten levels to get through the marathon which will reward you with an hour of unlimited lives after the tenth one is completed. You only have to do them all once, if you need to do any particular level to 2nd or 3rd tier, you can go back at a later time and do them. If you are currently in the middle of a ten level mission, ie: say at 25, and thats where you were when the marathon started, you will have to go to the first level that shows the flag, which could therefore be after you get through to 30, once there, the flags will show up on 31 - 40. Or whatever number you are up to etc.

[Post New]by dogloverkb on Mar 24, 18 5:39 AM
I need help with 102-2. I can clear but get not even close to score. Finally beat 100 only to get stuck on this ? Help

Pavanne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Helping hand 6 at level 32-2

[Post New]by Pavanne on Mar 26, 18 6:58 AM
I too have been having problems with the incense sticks. If you clear the frozen blocks and the incense sticks drop into the central column, there is no way out - as others have said, if you use a shovel on the bottom gummy it is replaced with another gummy. The only incense sticks I managed to clear were on occasions when I managed to move them sideways from the two outside edge columns and drop them through the bottom.
I have wasted too many coins, shovels and moves trying this level. I have now contacted customer service for some help and have received an acknowledgement from them. I won’t be completing the marathon this time because I need the resources from this helping hand for a monument. On reflection, I probably could have bought the resources with the coins etc. I’ve wasted!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 26, 18 3:30 PM
Pavanne. You are absolutely right about that one, I just tried it and yes, the bottom one only gets replaced by another gummy instead of allowing the sticks to drop out. I will not be bothering to give it another shot to test it further, but there definitely seems to be some issue with it and it is impossible. The only other way I can see to get it out is to use winds of change to physically move each stick one by one to a bottom row at the side of the central column to drop them out, but you should NOT have to go to that extent to get a level out, it would take four winds to do it and they cost a pile of coins, 350 for 3 of them, plus another one, so to buy four you have to purchase 6 at a cost of 700 coins. If there is no other way to do this, then customer support should give you those winds so you can do it. At least ask them for that. Good luck.

Pavanne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Pavanne on Mar 26, 18 4:59 PM
Thank you Jules - glad it’s not just me with this problem. I’ll see what customer support offer. I decided not to do the moves with winds of change - by the time you’ve bought the boosts and paid for the helping hand it would be cheaper to just buy the bricks. I can soon earn the green gems in Istanbul.
Looking at other posts on this thread I’m not looking forward to the rest of Siem Reap with its timed levels. I think I’ll be taking a break anyway because I’m off to New York for Easter - it can’t be any colder than it’s been in the UK recently!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 26, 18 5:09 PM
Oh Wow, how wonderful. Wish I could go too. Would love to visit there. On my bucket list thats for sure. Have a wonderful time and a lovely Easter.

Go to: